Novice needs help!

Sunflowers

Hello! I am brand new at growing... My boyfriend and I have saved some seed and tried to germinate... We had put 12 seeds in a jimmy green house some.. We were disapointed when only two had sprouted... I replanted the two plants into bigger pots and they are growing in sunlight... The one plant looks almost if the one plants leaves are burnt... I have just recently read not to use the green house for germination... I feel like a lost soul please help

Sounds like nute burn, but need more info about nutes you're using and setup. Pictures would help a lot.

And welcome to 420mag! There are a lot of great people here who are always looking to help.

image10540.jpg

View image in gallery

It's hard to tell from that pic. Take a closer pic of leaf tips if you can. And is compost supposed to look like that? Looks like balls of dry clay and straw. You got any potting soil by any chance?

:welcome: to :420: Sunflowers. We are glad that you are here. It looks like Peyton has been giving you some good advice. I would get some potting soil and perlite and then rinse the compost off of the plant; saving the compost and water. Then mix the compost and water with the potting soil and perlite at about a 30% compost, 40% potting soil, 30% perlite ratio and plant the plant back into it. Allow it to drain and the soil to dry out a bit. Get a moisture tester (about $10) to test when your plants need water. Don't over water them. Don't feed them for a few weeks unless they show signs or needing ferts. What lighting are you using? New Member Start Links has a number of invaluable links including How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know. Which will help you a lot. Also we have the Frequently Asked Questions which is a very good place to look up answers to questions and to ask questions that you have. We are spreading the word about cannabis and hemp to the world. Look around and have fun. :peace:

Thanks I am growing them outside In pots... I don't get paid till wed so I hope my plant can do okay until then.... I went to the links and read a lot... This was a first time thing I didn't know how popular growing inside was... And on top of that inside growing looks pricey...

Back
Top Bottom