NPK Formula help please?

RIXSTA

ok all.
ah dont think I can do pics so im just post the npk values.
im after a decent all green veg aswell as a all green flower and boost. then ease off for flush.

ive already got 1.2.3 and either need a all round which i can get 20.20.20 for but basicly i want to get like 20.20.20 and then add the bloom and then lower off the 20.20.20.

Id really appreciate the help

High Phosphate Soluble Plant Food | 10-52-10+TE

Soluble Plant Food | Early Season | 25-15-15 + TE
Elixir No. 1 Formula

Soluble Plant Food | Mid-Season | 20-20-20 + TE

Elixir No. 2 Formula

Soluable Plant Food | High Season | 15-15-30 +TE
Elixir No 3 Formula

Soluble Plant Food | Alpines - Onion/Leak, Heather/Conifer | 12.5-12.5-25 +TE
Elixir No 4 Formula

Flower Buddy - Soluble Plant Food 6-12-36 + TE (1-2-3)

other extras they got that i can grab.

Granular Sulphate of Potash 0-0-50 + 45% SO3

citric acid "need to know if can use as ph adjuster. or Phosphoric acid 85% but this is described as rust remover lol.

And
PHOS — MAG
NPK Fertiliser

Total Nitrogen (N) 5.0 %
Total Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2O5) 19.0 % 8.1 % Phosphorus (P)
Phosphorus Pentoxide soluble in Water 17.6 % 7.5 % Phosphorus (P)
Phosphorus Pentoxide insoluble in Water 1.4 % 0.6 % Phosphorus (P)
Total Potassium Oxide (K2O) 10.0 % 8.3% Potassium (K)
Magnesium (Mg) 3.0%

the npk ratio is 5-19-10+3mg I also notice that buddy and others can come with +mg r with out.

If you have a understand please reply as im nearly off hyped nutes.
Im using coco and bubblers. dont think I will do coco again unless a formular of the above can make them look good all away threw.

of if you could, please reply like get no 1 and no2 and blabla to make blabla ratio.

I want a diy ph down too and do any of you got a recipe for a exact ppm so I can double check my meter plz. I may just buy a new 1 that can be calibrated. 1st time with tds and going to shyt tbh. in the coco anyway.

Need recipe from above dont mind 2 or 3 parts as long as it cover my plants needs.

im using cal mag n canna coco a n b and silica at 1ml per litre and no go. went to 3ml per litre and burned them so gone back to 1ml. I will try 2ml.

ppms
calmag 1ml =20-30ppm
canna coco A =100ppm
canna coco B =100ppm
hmmm forgot silicas but these are mixed in 20 lite tap water that is 380-400ppm

my total ppm is 600-620 ish. 10-20% run off from a 5.5 ph give me 6.0-6.3 with ppms pretty much the same as they go in.
Im start doing dry days and work this out as people rec upto 3 feeds a day and i can barely do 1 every day as it pizzes straight back out the bottom. so im thinking ive been iver watering a lil but again apparently you cant water feed. I dunno. im use up my canna flores veg, coco a and b, cal mag, ph and go all powder and as clean as poss.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Ps
Personnely think canna coco needs a nitrogen boost my self, cal mag is not helping my plants so im remove it and never buy again. hopefully never buy anything coco again unless I see 8oz bone dry off these PP.

Take care!

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but aren't you over-thinking this? It's a WEED. Overfeeding is going to kill it. Less is more with Cannibus. Mankind has been growing weed for millennia without knowing PPMs, exact ratios, and all that.

Just give it an all-purpose nute that has NPK plus the trace elements it needs. Also, consider the mineral content of your water. If you have a lot of white deposits on your fixtures, you don't need calcium, for example. But beware of softened water. it has too many salts.

I'm just starting the hempy adventure, which is almost-hydro, without all the pumps and tubes. I find that once a week feeding with MG all purpose garden liquid nutes suits my ladies just fine.

In my experience, anyway, with my small indoor grow. YMMV

Messing with all those soluble ferts is going to cause you nothing but grief unless you really know what you're doing with them so I'd stick to regular ferts like your Canna Coco etc.

Im start doing dry days and work this out as people rec upto 3 feeds a day and i can barely do 1 every day as it pizzes straight back out the bottom. so im thinking ive been iver watering a lil but again apparently you cant water feed. I dunno. im use up my canna flores veg, coco a and b, cal mag, ph and go all powder and as clean as poss.

If you're growing in pots now you shouldn't be watering much more than every 3 or more days. 3 or more waterings a day is for plants growing in something like clay balls on a recirculating system or drain-to-waste. Coco is used basically the same as a peat based soilless mix and you water until it's soaked then wait until the pots are very low on water but not right dry before watering again. I tried coco 15 years ago and it didn't work for me so never since. ProMix or DWC for me.

I just use RO water with AN pH Perfect nutes, some CalMag, Rhino Skin and Big Bud for bloom boosting. No muss, little fuss and great results every time. Tap water at 380-400ppm is always going to screw up your plants unless they get well flushed every three or four waterings.

Photos are easy to do if you read the How-To

Good luck.

:peace:

that the thing though I wont as these are tried and tested not individual elements. Im not dumb. These are basicly all round feeds at crazy cheap prices. 1 kg 10 bucks ish that will make me 1000s of feeds. Id be able to duplicate known feeds easier.
Trust me this is the way forwards. A simple base powder feed 2 or 3 part veg and bloom with a boost. should only need 2.

new feeds added
15-5-30 = 3-1-6 + te
18-18-18 = 1-1-1+te " i dont understand why they equal that which baffles me but i know using the later formulas I can make a good base food. infact anything I want cal mag, pk they got alot more stuff but I just want a simple 2 or 3 part deal.
20-8-8 = 3-1-1 + te "im thinking this with the buddy 1-2-3 that way i got n in veg and can come down and go up in p and k.
6-12-36 = 1-2-3+ te ive ordered this 1kg I need another 1 or 2 to formulate a veg, bloom with a booster if needed for n p or k?
some 1 who knows about this stuff pm me please.
my waters hw ar 400ppms.
As I say I have the 1-2-3+mg+te on the way, i need another bag to make a veg up asap.

please pm if you can help. im hydro and coco and want just grreen plants. used all top brands and shouldve done this years ago.
Im nearly there though just need some closure on few things and il have this dialed in.

ty for your time guys.

I don't think you're dumb tho I've never heard you speak so don't know for sure. ;) I think you mean stupid and I don't think you're that either.

My very first foray into hydroponic growing was using basic salts like ammonium nitrate, potassium sulfate etc that I bought at a hydro store in Vancouver, BC in 1982 along with a 1000W M ballast and bulb which was my light source for both veg an flower. There was about 7 bags of these salts and a small bag of the te, trace elements, with a photocopied sheet of formulas of how much to use per gallon of water for various types of plants. The guy at the store said to use the tomato formula to grow my "special tomatoes" (wink wink). The mention of pot in a hydro store in those days could get everyone busted and the store closed down so mum was the word.

Being poor I'm all for saving a buck anywhere I can but unless I was planning to open a commercial sized growing operation. cannabis or other plants, I wouldn't go with what you are trying to do. The savings for a smaller grow like what I do isn't worth all the hassle and research needed to do it right. For about $5 per ounce of pot produced I can go buy high quality nutrients already formulated to grow great pot that I just measure and mix with water. Not to mention that they also contain much more than just trace elements. Good nutes like those AN makes are loaded with amino acids and chelated micro-nutrients that are not all listed on the label because of stupid antiquated labeling laws that vary from state to state and country to country.

18-18-18 = 1-1-1+te " i dont understand why they equal that which baffles me but i know using the later formulas I can make a good base food. infact anything I want cal mag, pk they got alot more stuff but I just want a simple 2 or 3 part deal.

The numbers represent the percentage of each compound in the fertilizer and 18-18-18 is 18X as concentrated as 1-1-1 tho both "ratios" are equal.

You must also take into account that the compounds expressed in those NPK numbers are not representative of the actual element each represents.

Take for instance the last one, K. If the fertilizer uses potassium nitrate to supply potassium only 46% of that is actually potassium supplied as K2O. 13% of it is N with the balance to make up the 100% being the O in the K2O.

From the Potassium Nitrate Association

Plant nutritional value

Potassium nitrate contains 13 % nitrogen (N) and 46 % potassium (K2O). Both are macronutrients, consumed by the plant at high rates.

Basically I'm saying that what you are trying to do will take a lot of time to research and is a lot more complicated than just mixing different types of ferts to make something that is not going to work near as well as stuff that is made specifically to grow pot. Advanced Nutrients makes the highest investments in cannabis cultivation research of any company I've found yet and even their base 3-part formula grows better pot than you will likely achieve using all those ferts.

I've only touched on some of the basics and there is lots more to learn about plant science that's posted all over the internet for you to easily find. Re-inventing the wheel is not needed.

Good luck.

:peace:

If your ppm is pretty much the same coming out as it is going in I'd say you have a nutrient lockout and if you dont your definitely heading in the right way to have one. When it comes to nutrients and specially liquid more is not better. Pretty much all liquid nutrients will have it's own salt level and when theres to much salt it becomes toxic to the plant so instead of wanting to use it as a food it rejects causing the salt to start calcifyin on the roots causing a total lockout. You need to flush them with good old straight fresh water and from what you've written flush the hell out of them.
You need it to the stage that the last bit of water that runs out of that pot is the same ppm as the fresh water was. You should flush at a minimum every 2 weeks but every week is preferred. At the moment think of yourself and I dont mean this as to be nasty but think of yourself as a butcher at a slaughter yard. Just get a real good 2 parts full cycle nutrient one that does flower and bloom, and use additional additives as they're designed for, when using nutrients I never use more then two thirds of the manufacturer's recommended dose. Their dosage is worked out using ro water and the best growing environment. Theres two natural powder ingredients I always use and one is designed to help disperse water and helps with a lot of plant stress including heat and other environmental factors and that's yucca and the other would be right up your alley cause it's great for npk silica and others and that bat or seagull guano.

Oh well you read it, and hopefully someone that is doing the exact same thing may read it as well. Even if it's to late for this person it may help someone else or even better save someone elses plant.

Back
Top Bottom