Nube seeking advice for her seedlings

Zayah

Hi, I answer to the name Zayah and I'm a total nube when it comes to the cultivation of marijuana. I'm a BIG fan of the plant always have been, which is why this experience is a must have in my lifetime. I have a bunch of seeds that could be either male or female that came from different bags of loud that I've smoked and before I go out and use any purchased ones I want to make sure I kind of have the hang of it, plus I'm still waiting to purchase my nutrients and meters so my impatient ass is just trying to keep busy with something before then. So one thing I'm curious about is if I begin my seedlings on a 24hr light schedule and within a week or so decide it would be best to switch them to 18/6, would it cause to much harm or confusion if switched ? Since it's still a seedling stage I figured it wouldn't cause to much damage but to just make sure this time and not switch back after.

what are some personal experiences you have had with this situation ? Good outcome, bad? Not noticeable?

I've also been trying to test out the different lights I have, a Plant n Gro 15W from Walmart, and a LED 15W Soft from Walmart. The new grow space I've moved them to is to small for me to have the PNG without making the leaves curl. At first I had that light and then when moved to a smaller space put in the LED. Is it gong to hurt, confuse, slow, or mess anything up with my seedlings with me changing their lights? Also If needed can someone use two different kinds of lights ?

Thanks I preciate it anything you can give me, even if its just your opinion

Zayah

Hi Zayah,

The lights will be ok to start with but I think you will need more wattage to get to flower buds. They are pretty resilient plants and since you are stepping down from 24 hours on to 18 hours on that should be fine.

You can use 2 lights together depending on wattage etc and you can mix and match on light types such as led, cfl or hps.... now that’s provided you don’t put the light too close or let temps climb too high etc, etc.

When light is weak it causes weed plants to stretch and reach for more light. Growing indoors a tall plant is not good because of tents or short grow space. Temperature, humidity and environment are very important to growing successfully. It’s not enough to monitor the temp & humidity - you’ve got to control them!

In any grow space you need enough headroom to adjust lights up and down as needed otherwise you will probably burn up her leaves.

You can change lights. Just be careful with your light cycle. If you are growing 1 plant, I suggest at least a 100w board. These guys are highly regarded, and are a sponsor giving a discount to members. budget grow lights

Ya in the long run I plan on only doin one plant at a time, it’s just right now I’m testing the waters with these seeds and trying to get the hang of it. How many watts should someone start a seedling with ? The 100W u mentioned ? This LED light that I’m using now is a 100W equivalent, now I’m sure that’s not actually equivalent to using a 100W LED light but then again I could be wrong and the box could be telling the truth :D

Ya in the long run I plan on only doin one plant at a time, it’s just right now I’m testing the waters with these seeds and trying to get the hang of it. How many watts should someone start a seedling with ? The 100W u mentioned ? This LED light that I’m using now is a 100W equivalent, now I’m sure that’s not actually equivalent to using a 100W LED light but then again I could be wrong and the box could be telling the truth :D
A hundred watt equivalent is probably 50 watts at the wall. The nice thing about the lights at Budget is they all come with dimmers. You start at low wattage and increase as the plant grows. If you are limited in head space try SCROG. There is a link to a tutorial in my signature. You can use different types of light together

Ya so I'd say I fucked up a little on the lighting :rolleyes: I think I finally got it going right for right now, they seem to be doing pretty good. I'm keeping them on a 24hr light schedule this go around. I've only had to water them I believe two times now, yesterday and today. #2 Jiffy has been having trouble bringing its first set of leaves out fully but still stretched like hell, guess that's my fault cuz I should of changed the light in the beginning because now its finally starting to come out.

Oh and is cursing aloud here ? I looked at the posting guidelines but read nothing about not being able to swear, and to be honest I curse like a sailor but typing helps me filter it because I can do the backspace and re type hah. Thanks
Inked20200611_171102024_iOS_LI.jpgInked20200611_171011497_iOS_LI.jpg

Ya so I'd say I fucked up a little on the lighting :rolleyes: I think I finally got it going right for right now, they seem to be doing pretty good. I'm keeping them on a 24hr light schedule this go around. I've only had to water them I believe two times now, yesterday and today. #2 Jiffy has been having trouble bringing its first set of leaves out fully but still stretched like hell, guess that's my fault cuz I should of changed the light in the beginning because now its finally starting to come out.

Oh and is cursing aloud here ? I looked at the posting guidelines but read nothing about not being able to swear, and to be honest I curse like a sailor but typing helps me filter it because I can do the backspace and re type hah. Thanks
Transplant them a little deeper, and make sure to bury the Jiffy pot completely. If you leave some of the pot exposed, it will wick moisture to the air, and dry out young roots.

Nice job keeping them healthy this far, they look really good. Like BushDoctor said, I would definitely get them transplanted into bigger containers soon, what are you going to be using for soil? If you're waiting for nutrients for a bit I'd suggest using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, it is a bit more expensive then most but really worth it in my opinion. It's pH balanced and has a lot of nutrients in it so you won't really have to worry about feeding the plants for a bit. Don't cut corners with the soil now just to save a few bucks, it'll be worth it in the long run to get good soil for the plants.

Those little lights you have now are good for seedlings but you definitely need more wattage. The LED bulbs can be confusing to read wattage on, you'll see things like "100W equivalent", that is speaking in terms of the brightness of the bulb compared to a standard light bulb but is not a good figure to go by. How big is your grow space and what type of budget do you have for lights? I can try to give some better suggestions if I have a little more info :)

I’ve always had problems when using those jiffy pots or peat pucks. My best advice would be to peel or cut the mesh membrane off at the time of transplant.

Yes I know roots are supposed to grow right thru the membrane but every time I’ve examined the root system of a failed plant the roots coming out of the jiffy pot we’re heavily constricted.

I’ve always had problems when using those jiffy pots or peat pucks. My best advice would be to peel or cut the mesh membrane off at the time of transplant.

Yes I know roots are supposed to grow right thru the membrane but every time I’ve examined the root system of a failed plant the roots coming out of the jiffy pot we’re heavily constricted.
I think the peat of the pot wicks water so quickly it dries out and the roots then don't keep growing. It is really bad if you leave any of the peat pot above ground when you transplant.

I've also had trouble with those, not just here but also in my vegetable garden. They may work for some people but I'll never go near em again. That's even more reason to be impressed with the results here!

oh Hey thanks everyone :D

Ok so I’m using PlantIT Clay Pebbles as my medium and I only plan on letting these grow for a little while as practice but when I get my good seeds I’m either going to do it DWC or DWC bucket because I really only plan on doing one plant at a time to help minimize mistakes and the nutrients I plan on using Flora Series. I’ve thought about doing the soilless because I have a smart pot from a while back but it really big and have no idea when I would do a plant that would be that big lol.
I’ve only had good luck with Jiffy then again it’s the only kind other than Rock wool and it’s only been a few times.
I’ve planted them into my DIY net pods because it’s going to be a few days before they get here and I figured why the hell not. I covered the tops with the pebbles and now my problem is that I can’t tell when they need to be watered. Once I finish the reservoir I was gonna put them in their with the pump on until. My second seed still hasn’t gotten much further than where we started at. I did a lot of digging and found not a lot on why it’s leaves fold up like that but my seed has been doing that since it sprouted. I have no idea what kind of marijuana plant it could 43ADCBD0-E425-4431-9938-31C86131A2CE.jpeg

Attachments

• 43E3BA95-E14A-4ADF-BE04-C195BC239E86.jpeg
    43E3BA95-E14A-4ADF-BE04-C195BC239E86.jpeg
    768.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 86ACA94F-0914-4548-955F-7E5AC7DD2CA5.jpeg
    86ACA94F-0914-4548-955F-7E5AC7DD2CA5.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom