Nugget13's Bloombox grow

Nugget13

Hi all,
I found 420magazine.com after I was 2 weeks into my grow so sorry you missed the first couple of weeks or so. I will be sure to include you guys on my next grow from the beginning.

I am using a BCNL Bloombox that fits perfectly into the closet of a spare bedroom.
bloombox1.jpg

I control the temp by using a self evaporating portable AC unit. Of coarse this is vented outside the closet. Works great:)
accooler.jpg

Anyway, I am diggin this setup and it is totally stealth. Using the coco filters on the system you can't smell a thing.

Current Grow:
Shiva Skunk
shivaskunk.jpg

This cross between Skunk #1 and Northern Lights #5 is a very reliable variety. Excellent hybrid vigor and yield make this one a snap to grow. Works superbly indoors as well as in a greenhouse. Taste and high are similar to Skunk #1, a rich sweet pungency, but with more resin and better yield. High calyx-to-leaf ratio, you can almost throw those scissors away as very little manicuring is required. An absolute must for beginners or experts.
Blackberry
BlackBerry-week2.jpg

Blackberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of berries. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Specifications: ~ Flowering: 45-55 days ~ Height: 70-100 cm
BubbaOG
bubbaOG-week2.jpg

A heavy budding plant that produces crystals galore. Good rich smoke, excellent indoors and outdoors. Clones very easily. Specifications: (indoors) ~ Flower: 60-70 days ~ Height: 110-150 cm ~ Yield: 300-325 gr/sqM

I am using Advanced Nutrients at the moment. Got a bunch of nuts. (nutrients) with the system so I figured I would check em out.
My mix is based on 10 gallons of water. I may reduce this by a gallon or two during flowering to try and promote a better root system. My roots are healthy and long. I just figured more of them may try to reach the water line if it was lower. <shrugs>
Sensi-Grow A: 16.5cc
Sensi-Grow B: 16.5cc
H2 (Humic Acid): 39.6cc
F1 (Fulvic Acid): 39.6cc
B-52: 158.4cc
Barricade: 6.5cc
Scorpion Juice: 180cc
Sensizym: 198cc
Voodoo Juice:46.2cc

Some variances between week one and week 3 but thats the gist of it. Want a detailed schedule PM me.
PPM will vary from 800ppm to 1100ppm depending. My PH is 5.5 and I check it often.
Box temp I keep at 76F.
Humidity has been a consistent 37%.

Comments suggestions welcome.

All the youngsters:
kids2-week2.jpg

Back Row: Bubba
Mid and front left: Blackberry
Center 2 and right 2: Shiva Skunk

I will be pretty stoked to get my rotations in order with the veg'n on the left and flowering on the right side.
Fullbox View
fullboxview.jpg

The beginning of my mother Blackberry:
blkberry-mother.jpg

Well, I think I am off to a good start at the end of week two. New to using this box and these nuts. (Sidebar) hahaha, is it wrong to abbreviate nutrients with nuts.? I don't want you people thinking i am talkin bout my ball sack over hear, lmao. (end sidebar)

Would love some feed back or suggestions. I will be sure to keep this journal updated.

Oh yeah, I am thinking of flipping to 12/12. The Bubba's at 10", the Blackberry 7", except shortie. The Shiva is also around 7",8". due to the height restriction BCNL suggests flowering at 10".

Anyway, got to run. This first posting with photo uploads took longer than i thought it would.

Look forward to getting some feedback. Also, I hope this help some of the new purchasers of a Bloombox.
:peace:

I want a bloombox

Day 1- Flower

OK,
Made my decision and switched everything over to flower.
Changed solution with a reduction from 10 gallons to 8 gallons.
Changed bulb from MH to HPS.

Note: I did have some nute buildup on my roots. I cleaned the roots off using a bucket of PH balanced water.

I got a question for you vets. What do you know about "Bud Blood". It's a powder and is to be only used in the first week of flower.

Week one feeding: 8 gallons base
Connoisseur Bloom A: 45.5cc
Connoisseur Bloom B: 45.5cc
H2 (humic acid): 36cc
F1 (fulvic acid): 36cc
Barricade: 3.5cc
Carboload Liquid: 36cc
Sensizym: 181cc
VooDoo Juice: 109cc
Bud Blood powder: (I used a lower amount than suggested.) 10grams

I guess we'll see how this works out soon enough.

Stay tuned........

Hey there Nugget -

You and I are at almost the same spot in our grow - I will be starting week 2 of flower tonight... Just had a thought for you to consider - I'm not sure if you have had this issue yet or not... I also have a 10 gallon reservoir, and I've noticed that my reservoir gets pretty darn low at the end of the week - almost concerningly so. I'm not sure, but it seems that as they get bigger that issue increases some.

I'm mentioning this because you talked about going to 8 gallons instead of 10. I also noticed that the PH gets harder to keep in line with less water/nutes in the res.

I guess I'm suggesting that you either may want to reconsider going to 8 gallons, or at least keep a close eye on it. Just a thought...

Looks like you're off to a great start - best of luck on the grow. I'd love to see more pics if/when you get time.

Hey there Nugget -

You and I are at almost the same spot in our grow - I will be starting week 2 of flower tonight... Just had a thought for you to consider - I'm not sure if you have had this issue yet or not... I also have a 10 gallon reservoir, and I've noticed that my reservoir gets pretty darn low at the end of the week - almost concerningly so. I'm not sure, but it seems that as they get bigger that issue increases some.

I'm mentioning this because you talked about going to 8 gallons instead of 10. I also noticed that the PH gets harder to keep in line with less water/nutes in the res.

I guess I'm suggesting that you either may want to reconsider going to 8 gallons, or at least keep a close eye on it. Just a thought...

Looks like you're off to a great start - best of luck on the grow. I'd love to see more pics if/when you get time.

Cool man, You have a journal going? If not, feel free to *bump my thread for a sec and link some of your photos. Be interesting to see where we are both at being week 2 of flower.

Indecently, I did switch to 8 gallons. I also notice the plants drink more and more but I'm not overly concerned at the moment. I do a solution change every 7 days religiously.

What I notice about the PH in these boxes is this, the more consistent the box temp, the less variance in the PH. Of course the first day or so of the solution change I find it goes up .5 to .6. But after the solution temp gets steady I don't find myself having to adjust levels as much. If anything it's maybe .2 high.

What are you using for nutes? I have changed mine from what is suggested. I will post the changes and why when I update.

Best of luck in your grow:)

Day 1- Flower

OK,
Made my decision and switched everything over to flower.
Changed solution with a reduction from 10 gallons to 8 gallons.
Changed bulb from MH to HPS.

Note: I did have some nute buildup on my roots. I cleaned the roots off using a bucket of PH balanced water.

I got a question for you vets. What do you know about "Bud Blood". It's a powder and is to be only used in the first week of flower.

Week one feeding: 8 gallons base
Connoisseur Bloom A: 45.5cc
Connoisseur Bloom B: 45.5cc
H2 (humic acid): 36cc
F1 (fulvic acid): 36cc
Barricade: 3.5cc
Carboload Liquid: 36cc
Sensizym: 181cc
VooDoo Juice: 109cc
Bud Blood powder: (I used a lower amount than suggested.) 10grams

I guess we'll see how this works out soon enough.

Stay tuned........

Bud Blood is for tricking your plain to flowering faster...Thats why you only use it the first week of flowerin

Cool man, You have a journal going? If not, feel free to *bump my thread for a sec and link some of your photos. Be interesting to see where we are both at being week 2 of flower.

Indecently, I did switch to 8 gallons. I also notice the plants drink more and more but I'm not overly concerned at the moment. I do a solution change every 7 days religiously.

What I notice about the PH in these boxes is this, the more consistent the box temp, the less variance in the PH. Of course the first day or so of the solution change I find it goes up .5 to .6. But after the solution temp gets steady I don't find myself having to adjust levels as much. If anything it's maybe .2 high.

What are you using for nutes? I have changed mine from what is suggested. I will post the changes and why when I update.

Best of luck in your grow:)

I was gonna go with Advanced, but I had a really hard time finding anybody who carried it around here, so after much thought, I switched to Dutchmasters Gold. So far, I'm super impressed - I had a few issues early on, but just discovered it was due to me not following simple directions. :) As far as it goes, Dutchmasters Gold is very effective (so far), very easy and very cheap (relatively speaking).

I like your setup. Can you give more details on your self evaporating portable AC unit. It looks like something that is very useful to a lot of us. Is it a Sunpentown brand? What BTU, model, heater included, venting hot air from it, best place to purchase, etc. THANKS. Looking real good.

Back
Top Bottom