NuLife's - KindSoil - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

Smoke Report: I will post a rating of 1-10 (1 being the least, 10 being the best) *Please note, I'm a heavy user, so my tolerance level is higher than most.

High intensity while Smoking with pipe: 7 (more intense than the Raspberry Cough grown in Coco-perlite mix I can get high after the first bowl, about 6-9 hits)
Taste while smoking with a pipe: 4 (don't really taste the berry or the sweetness)
High intensity while vaping: 6 (again not very intense, I can get high after repacking my Solo vape 2 times too)
Taste while vaping: 6 (vaping definitely has me taste the sweetness fruitiness a bit more than smoking)

I'm not sure I would buy these seeds again. I hated the trimming process, for the tiny tiny buds. I don't feel like it's a high THC rating as indicated on Nirvana's site. I'm willing to grow it again in a DWC tank since I have a seed left, just to see if a different medium can bring more out of this plant. I suspect that growing in DWC will make the trichomes plentiful and sticky, plus increase the terpenes' intensity a lot more.

I have to say 2 other friends and I are a bit disappointed in this one. We were very excited for a intense Berry or Fruity taste and smell match with an intense high. That is not what we feel we get out of smoking or vaping it. Especially for the tedious harvest and trimming that it required. It's a good day smoke, you can still get shit done if you're smoking all day.

Definitely hard writing a smoke report while getting high. Not sure how Smoke Critics do it for magazines and newspapers. But I'm struggling through it. LOLOLOLOL
:rofl:

That's a very thorough smoke report Nunu, I'm sure you enjoyed the testing phase. :) great job once again, I had a good time reading your updates.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I've decided not to use Sohum Soil, I had a tedious interaction with them trying to order soil. I tried my best to be patient through the process, but after 2 months my patience simply ran out. First their site wasn't working properly to order. Tried calling them to let them know. No one around, all at a conference, we'll give you a call asap. Finally get a call, worked with someone who apologies for no one being around for a few days and for the website not working, and they didn't know. No orders could be placed through their website. He apologized, gave me a little tutorial about the product and said he would give me a discount off my large order, will throw in a few bags of perlite and would call me back in regards to a combo price for their soil and the autopots. Didn't hear from anyone for a while, then after several inquiries, finally was told that the person I was talking to was no longer with the company and that they would help me. Well lets just say that was several weeks of back and forth, they never actually honored what the first guy discussed with me extensively, and the combo price this person came up with was basically charging me over $100 for delivery, when just delivering their soil would only cost me $44, and and if I order the autopot direct their delivery was free. They could not justify or explain why the delivery charge was now over $100. - Fine, I didn't do the combo, I just order 3 bags of the soil so I could have it delivered. Was going to be traveling told them when I was going to be home and when I wasn't and the window I needed it delivered, or have it delivered at my return date. I paid a month in advance for this so some one could plan for this shipping, making it clear I could not have the soil sitting in front of my home so I can't have it delivered when I'm not home. (Again a month in advance notice). Paid them for the order, traveled, and came back no email or product delivered. Waited a few days. Nothing. Emailed asking why I haven't received my product or an email with tracking number. Response was it was bad weather we're sending it today. Again, no email with tracking. No apology. I email again asking for a tracking number. Almost a week goes by. No response. Out working one day, and come home to an attempted delivery. THANK GOD< they didn't just leave it. Arrange for delivery 2 days later with carrier. Finally get soil, box sorta opened and not secure, badly packaged and not one bag of perlite as stated would be given. A day after that, I get an email from Sohum with the tracking number. I tell them they're WAY too late, and I won't be using their company again, that I dont care how good a product is, if the people running the company don't have their act together for the first order that literally took about 2 months to happen due to responding several days after the fact & to up to a week at times, then I have no desire to purchase from them again. Not to mention, there wasn't even an apology in the email for the late response after 2 emails and one phone call for a email with the shipment tracking number. Which by the way should've been sent automatically without even asking. They literally responded for the first time in 2 months the same day within a few hours with a bunch of excuses like ie "We're a small business". In which my response, was great, nice to know that you guys CAN respond in a timely manner but these problems shouldn't be happening if your'e small business, this shouldn't be your company's excuse for problems. So yea, I won't be using Sohum $130 for 3 bags of soil, from a company full of excuses, late responses, doesn't have a dedicated person answering phones and improper work flow is not what I'm interested in dealing with on a regular bases despite the good results I have heard from people regarding the soil.

I will use the Autopots at some point in the future for when I find a good soil. I decided to just use the Sohum Soil that I bought on some Palm trees I have that have some deficiencies. I can let everyone know how that works out, the first guy I spoke to at Sohum thought my Palms sounded like they had a potassium deficiency and said this soil should help solve that problem.

Thank you Grebs, it took me a while to learn how, pictures during my first bag seed grow were crap. lol I've learned that while the plant is still growing (still planted) you want to take pictures in the dark or with surrounding/room white light, then use the flash. Turn off any grow lights over the plants. After plant is harvested, after you cut a branch you can take a picture under direct white light (within 3-5") no flash. But sometimes I take pictures with and without flash and then choose which ones shows the trichomes better. I've taken pictures with a cellphone, I never had a professional camera.

To take the micro trichome pictures, I use the Zorb Digital Microscope 85x zoom (which takes pics and video)

Hope this helps.

You take excellent pics.

Hey NuLife I've been watching your grow journal I'm also using kind soil as well in about the same size tent with 800w led and t5s this my first grow my city water here from tap is 8.5 can I bring it down to 6.5 with earth juice crystals and obviously I put aside with CAP on to get room temp ready for next watering or you think I should leave some aside let the bubbles escape for like a day or 2 then adjust ph?

Nu, I've known kind soil for a while, can you please take the time and tell me about your experience with it?
I've seen an explanation how the plant uses the nutrients in the soil. Ones it finished using the available nutrients, she sends he roots deeper into the soil.

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Hi JohnnyC - I'm certainly no expert on KindSoil, so you might want to talk with them directly on what is "right" to do. I can tell you my tap water fluctuated and I didn't have any problems at all. I did let the water sit out to air out the chlorine at minimum 48 hours before using it on my plants. The kindsoil seems very forgiving for the seeds I was using. I also was like a bull in a china shop and kept breaking her while training and she still thrived. So I don't think the slightly higher ph will be a problem as to what I experienced. I do not use RO water, just plain tap. I never lowered the ph of the water, so I can't tell you exactly how, but they do list a couple of product on their site on what to use. Really sorry I couldn't help further. Good luck

Hey NuLife I've been watching your grow journal I'm also using kind soil as well in about the same size tent with 800w led and t5s this my first grow my city water here from tap is 8.5 can I bring it down to 6.5 with earth juice crystals and obviously I put aside with CAP on to get room temp ready for next watering or you think I should leave some aside let the bubbles escape for like a day or 2 then adjust ph?

Hi GreenProto: Hmmm I have to honestly say you would get a better explanation from their website than a newbie like me. lol I believe the plant does stretches to meet the nutes it needs from the bottom soil the Kindsoil. It was quite simple just adding water when she neeeded and training the plant. Though I found KindSoil too expensive for a large grow set up. If you're growing one or two plants and you don't want to get very involved with the day to day maintenance and the chemistry of nutes, than yes Kindsoil is a a good option. It does take plants a bit longer to grow but for a newbie it would be pretty hard to mess up the plant using kindsoil, but I also feel it cheats a newbie on learning the things they have to learn if they ever decide not to use kindsoil. Anyway, sorry I couldn't help further. Hopefully if my journal, you can find help you need. I was learning too :)

Nu, I've known kind soil for a while, can you please take the time and tell me about your experience with it?
I've seen an explanation how the plant uses the nutrients in the soil. Ones it finished using the available nutrients, she sends he roots deeper into the soil.

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Im also using kindsoil, with coco loco ontop, tap water left out for about 2 days (my ph is 6.6 outta the tap) and my girls are growing beautifully. Ive met with Phil (owner of KindSoil) a couple of times, hes a super nice guy who really seems to know his shit. Dont hesitate to get a hold of him and ask all you want to ask.

Hi JohnnyC: I'm finished with this grow so there are no lights hanging. LOL You can take a look at what I did with the lighting starting at page 4. I was trying out various LED wattage between 800-300w. The 800w I found was way too much and way too draining on my electricity bill more than I was comfortable with. I felt like I was getting exactly what I needed with multiple 300w lights than the 800w. How high you hang your LED lights will depend when you introduce them to that light. You should introduce LEDs to the plant while in veg mode if at all possible. The more use to it is in veg mode the better she'll adjust in flowering mode. I would start at 27-30" away depending on the wattage. IF you're using 800w I will start even higher. I would place your hand near the top of the plant and see if you feel heat from the light. If you do it's too close to the plant. I also hung a room thermometer at the exact level of the top of the canopy so I always knew what was the heat/temp levels right at the top of the plants. If you notice any bleaching of the plants or any burn marks on the plants after 3-7 days than I would raise it a few inches from that point. IF you feel they're doing fine after 10 days and they're thriving (still growing) then you can lower an inch or two. Try that level out for another 7-10days, repeat. There is no way to tell one person how high to keep their lights. There is no one way. Every light is more powerful than another. Every plant can be more sensitive than another to LEDs. Every plant can be more heat sensitive than another. You have to pay attention to your plant, if you have experience with growing that same strain before, than you will know what she can handle or not. Or at the very least you will be able to compare how she reacts to the new lighting. My best advice is pay attention to her every single day and see how she reacts to the lights, and you act fast when there needs to be a change. She will recover no matter what you do if you react immediately to remedy the situation. That can only happen if you trust your gut, and take the time to get to know the plant every day. At least that is my experience. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Also note that COB lighting is more intense on plants than 3w-5w bulb LED lights. So COB lighting can burn or stress out plants even more. The 800w COB lights I bought supposedly needed to be at least 5' ft away from the top of the canopy. Which definitely didn't work in a closet.

Hey nulife you said you were hanging your lights 40" above canopy do you still have it at that height at this time just curious trying to get an idea where I should have my led

I had to comment on this grow. I read all the posts and had to point out that this was not a good review for KindSoil.
Can't say I've seen a grower mess up a plant as much as this grower did! And it still made it to harvest so KindSoil did its job!
But she didn't PH her water! Didn't Filter Chlorine out!! She chopped on the plant like it was salad! Broke and split it in several places! Had to tape it together! THEN 3 weeks into flower she chops off all the leafs! Under all these conditions I an see why the yield was terrible and the plant was so small for a 5 Gal pot!
Not trying to be mean but these were serious mistakes!

Back
Top Bottom