NuLife's - Soilless - Northern Lights - Grow Journal - 2016

Nulife

7/2/16 Grow Start Date of this Northern Light Hybrid Grow:

I'm growing Nirvana's Northern Light Feminized Seed which is a Hybrid, indoor/outdoor short plant, with medium THC and CBD.
Seeds started with paper towel method, once popped planted in pot.
Closet Grow: 2' wide x 4' long x 5.5' High
Grow Medium: Soilless Organic CocoLoco/Perlite mix in a 3 gal Rootmaker Pot
Lights: 300 Full Spectrum LEDs 40" away from plant. (size 8.3"x15.8"x2.4")
Light Schedule: First 2 Weeks 24 Hour Schedule, Starting Week 2 (14th Day) 18/6 Light Schedule)
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraMicro, Bloom, Gro, CaliMagic - PH Water only 6.3-6.5
Room Temp: 77-79 Degrees 48-52% Humidity - Temps controlled with central air.
Watering: Weds with Nutes & Sunday without Nutes
No Pest: Extreme cleaned closet & used Amdro Home Defense Pest Killer 24 hours before starting grow.

7/9/16 Veg Stage Week 1

16-7-09_Day9_Northern.JPG

7/16/16 Veg Stage Week 2 - Switching today from 24 Hour light schedule for the first 2 weeks, to 18/6 light schedule.

16-07-16_Wk2_NL_2_.JPG
16-07-16_Wk2_NL_1_.JPG

7/17/16 Veg Stage Week 2 - Water Day - 1gal Ph 6.5 in 6.0 out - first day of lights out on my girl, 18/6 schedule started.

I just noticed you use Flora System by GH. So do I, only in soil and so far its great and costs a little less near me.
I never tried the lights on 24 for seedlings, I just went with 18/6 and it worked fine. I'll have to try it on the next round when I set up the DIY DWC fully. Plants look great and so lush, I like NL very much and plan grow some next. I am watching for ideas and results, Cheers

The only time I use 24hrs is reverting a plant to veg that has started to flower. Even fresh cut clones get 18/6.

Thats the way I was told for clones also, but hey maybe some seeds are different. I got a whole lotta bagseed to play with lol. Thanks for the re-veg info!

Cheers

I just noticed you use Flora System by GH. So do I, only in soil and so far its great and costs a little less near me.
I never tried the lights on 24 for seedlings, I just went with 18/6 and it worked fine. I'll have to try it on the next round when I set up the DIY DWC fully. Plants look great and so lush, I like NL very much and plan grow some next. I am watching for ideas and results, Cheers

Yea, after they pop I plant them in the medium, I give 24hr light for 14 days, so they can get a few leaves faster and some strong legs with the fan blowing moving them a bit. I want to make the plant as strong as possible fastest possible so she will grow strong and be able to be healthy hearty enough to snap back from any issues that have to be corrected. A strong foundation idea. lol We shall see. In my first grow I have a picture of one of the plants at 9weeks lol tiny as hell. I noticed some of my new plants are just as big at 9days this time. So I think I've already improved. I least I hope it's not just the bag seed to good genetics situation doing all the good work. lol As for the nutes I'm trying them out for the first time, we shall see how it goes. I used the Dyno GRo nutes on my first grow basically cause they were simple to use while learning everything I had to learn. I'v heard good things about GH so I'm hoping it will also improve from my very challenging first grow.

When I find something cool or anything that makes my life easier regarding growing I will try to post it. Here's one little find I'm loving. These "Blunt Tip Fill Needles" are very handy, especially if you're pulling nutes out of big gallon bottles. Instead of trying to pour a big bottle into little measuring spoons, I use these needles to pull nutes from the big bottles, then add to the water or I measure first into measuring spoons if I need before adding to water. But there are measuring lines on the side. I just find it easier, with less spills, no lifting of the bottle and completely accurate. These needles do not have sharp point. I bought them off of Amazon, a package of 10 so I have one syringe for each product so there is no cross contamination. I labeled each syringe myself (yes I'm a nut). LOL

IMG_66757.JPG
IMG_66738.JPG

Super another sub for this journal. I love me some northern lights, down to the last few nugs of my Leialoha.

I always use 24/7 lights for the first, at least, 10 days. This way they keep their nodes tight for training down the road. I'm liking your style Nulife, this is going to be a fun journey/journal. Goodluck to you and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

7/20/16 Veg Stage Week 2 - Water/Nutes Day. I'm using week 2 of the nutes mix schdule posted in the beginning. After receiving a good advice and ph chart from Emilya I decided to tweak the ph level a bit more. I've already read and now been told that it's not necessary to measure ppm level on runoff in coco mix. So one less thing to track makes me happy. lol

ph 5.72 in 5.70 out - ppm 800

16-7-20_NL_Wk2.JPG

7/23/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - Decided to FIM and I lowered the light to 32"

16-07-23_NL_WK3.JPG

7/24/16 - Veg Week 3 - Water Day no Nutes - ph 5.66 in 5.85 out

7/26/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - Decided to do some LST Training, in the shape of star.

16-07-26_NL_Wk_LST1.JPG

7/27/16 - Veg Week 3 - Water Day with nutes. I did week 3 of the nutes schedule.

ph 5.68 in 5.85 out ppm 865

7/28/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - So today I decided to make a scrog screen for the healthier plants that I was doing LST on. I removed their binds and placed the scrog screen over the plants, and stretched the limbs as far as they could go in a star shape position.

I bought the wood pieces at Hobby Lobby. They were 36" long for $1.89 a piece. I made a screen 36"x22.75"
I also bought eye screws & a thick yarn from Hobby Lobby as well. Two and half packs of eye screws were used at $1.99 a pack. Yarn was $2.39. I used picture frame hanging pieces that I already had in my tool box to support the corners. I made 2" spacing for each eye screw on both sides. I wrapped the yarn around each eye screw and went from screw to screw with the yarn. All one piece. I decided to hang the screen from above so I can move it by lifting it up if I need to, plus it's easier to raise if I need to because of the plants growing. I shall see if this is a good training method. Watering the plants are going to be more of a challenge, but more bud sites should make it worth it.

IMG_68856.JPG
IMG_68878.JPG
IMG_68864.JPG
IMG_688910.JPG
IMG_689011.JPG
IMG_689213.JPG

Back
Top Bottom