NuLife's - Soilless - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

Nulife

Hi, I'm trying out different mediums, so I can see which ones I like. I will also be growing in TopFed DWC tank as well and will post a journal for that the minute I start that as well. Other journals below.

7/2/16 Grow Start Date of this Raspberry Cough Grow:
I'm growing Nirvana's Raspberry Cough Feminized Seed which is a predominately Sativa, which is an indoor Tall plant, with high THC and CBD.
Seeds started with paper towel method, once popped planted in pot.
Closet Grow: 2' wide x 4' long x 5.5' High
Grow Medium: Soilless Organic CocoLoco/Perlite mix in a 3 gal Rootmaker Pot
Lights: 300 Full Spectrum LEDs 40" away from plant. (size 8.3"x15.8"x2.4")
Light Schedule: First 2 Weeks 24 Hour Schedule, Starting Week 2 (14th Day) 18/6 Light Schedule)
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraMicro, Bloom, Gro, CaliMagic - PH Water only 6.3-6.5
Room Temp: 77-79 Degrees 48-52% Humidity - Temps controlled with central air.
Watering: Weds with Nutes & Sunday without Nutes
No Pest: Extreme cleaned closet & used Amdro Home Defense Pest Killer 24 hours before starting grow.

6/28/16 Well one of my Raspberry Cough seeds didn't pop using the Rapid Rooter Plugs, So I prepared another seed in ph water, and the paper towel method, on a heating pad with a dome. Here's the Rapid Rooter Plug that doesn't have the sprout on the left. The one that sprouted on the right was potted in KindSoil.

16-06-28_Day_3_Raspberry1.JPG

7/9/16 Veg Stage Day 7 with 24 hour light for the first 14 days.

16-07-09_Day8_Raspberry.JPG

7/16/16 Veg Stage Week 2, Changing light schedule from 24 hour to 18/6 schedule as of today.

16-07-16_Wk2_Rasp2_1_1.JPG
16-07-16_Wk2_Rasp2_2_1.JPG

As you've already discovered, coco has an affinity for the Ca and Mg and it will cause deficiencies. Keep your calmag close!

:cheer:

Good to know thanks, do you think the nute schedule posted above is sufficient?

Always start with the recommended rates by the manufacturer. You'll figure out what they need as you go. It's hard to say it's 'good' because a lot of strains react differently to different nutrient levels. And you've compounded it by trying different growing mediums. The more you grow, the more you'll see the characteristics that make them unique (strains AND grow media/technique). There's no good 'one size fits all' schedule. They are all a recommended starting point, adjust from there.

With all that said, you're looking good.

:thumb:

7/17/16 Veg Stage Week 2 - Water Day Ph 6.3 in 5.98 out. Also first day lights out on my girl. 18/6 schedule started.

When I find something cool or anything that makes my life easier regarding growing I will try to post it. Here's one little find I'm loving. These "Blunt Tip Fill Needles" are very handy, especially if you're pulling nutes out of big gallon bottles. Instead of trying to pour a big bottle into little measuring spoons, I use these needles to pull nutes from the big bottles, then add to the water or I measure first into measuring spoons if I need before adding to water. But there are measuring lines on the side. I just find it easier, with less spills, no lifting of the bottle and completely accurate. These needles do not have sharp point. I bought them off of Amazon, a package of 10 so I have one syringe for each product so there is no cross contamination. I labeled each syringe myself (yes I'm a nut). LOL

IMG_66757.JPG
IMG_66738.JPG

#3...subbed!:high-five:

Good thinking with those needles, very practical and spill proof. I use old medicine eye droppers that I've measured up, one for each additive. The more I read the more I'm interested, you've got it going on. Can't wait to see what's behind door #4 :rofl:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

#3...subbed!:high-five:

Good thinking with those needles, very practical and spill proof. I use old medicine eye droppers that I've measured up, one for each additive. The more I read the more I'm interested, you've got it going on. Can't wait to see what's behind door #4 :rofl:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thank you so much. :thanks: I'm really trying. I've been a Forum Stalker for 7 months now, reading til the sun comes up sometimes. My hubby a few times in shock that I never went to bed. I would tell him, no matter how much I read or learn, I feel like I learned a 100 more things each time I read the forums. Then trying to decipher what's good advice and what's bad advice is another skill all together. lol Anyway, I'm beyond excited to be part of this community and to learn learn learn, so I can grow grow grow. Then :tokin:

One thing to keep in mind is that there are tens of thousands of ways to grow MMJ, and many thousands of strains. Instead of thinking about it as good or bad advice, tuck it away for potential use later. You never know when that bad advice becomes good or at least a little valuable. OK, some things out there are whack-a-doodle.

I remember when I first came here, overwhelmed by everything. So much info, so many different opinions. Now it makes sense why. Everybody's grow enviro is a little different. Strains are a little different. There are too many variables for hobbyist to lock down in order for there to be one or three 'right ways' of growing. The only right way is the way that works best for you.

:Namaste:

I'm growing raspberry cough too, 2nd grow. Had a few hiccups the first time but it turned out well. Just be careful with the nutes it's quiet sensitive, especially in flower.

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420

I'm growing raspberry cough too, 2nd grow. Had a few hiccups the first time but it turned out well. Just be careful with the nutes it's quiet sensitive, especially in flower.

Thanks for the info, can you check out my nutes schedule I posted on page 1, and let me know what you think of it. I would give ph water in between each nutes watering as indicated in the instructions.

Also how big did your raspberry cough get? Its a tall plant.

Mine got huge. Too big for my tent. So I recommend topping at least once and fim it a couple of times and plenty of LST.

I vegged it for about six weeks which was why it grew so big if you want to keep it short don't veg it for long.
It pretty much tripled in height from veg to flower.

Back
Top Bottom