Number 2 California Orange!

:party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY SWEETS HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Well i said i would put up some birthday pictures HERE ARE MY 4 BABIES 1 MONTH AGO I BROUGHT THESE BABIES HOME LOOK AT THE BEGINNING PICS & NOW WOW!

:ganjamon:
10-29-11_037.JPG

10-29-11_023.JPG

10-29-11_019.JPG

10-29-11_017.JPG

10-29-11_008.JPG

10-29-11_017.JPG

:blunt:

Happy birthday babies woohoo!

Those plants need a hair cut! Start by trimming the bottoms. We always "lollipop" our plants, especially when they get too bushy. Be careful you don't cut too much off at once, it can potentially make it stressed or hermie.

Looking great!
:Namaste:

I made them bushy on purpose i am making one baby is going for an outdoor grow and it needs to be short and bushy not tall and lanky. Its a sativa dominate hybrid so hieght is an issue plus outside is where my experience lies. I am finishing my first indoor grow. Its a lot harder inside.
Your right i dont want to stress her out i dont need any tranvestites for plants mine are strickly female clones from a female better be female

Looking great bud, consider me subbed!

Now, alot of people might frown upon any trimming of your plants, but like LeafLady stated, if you're careful as to how much you take off at a time i think you'll be ok. Another option of course is LST'ing your plants. Good luck with the rest of your grow man!

2ND GROW DAY 32

NOT MUCH TO REPORT I JUST SHIFTED THE KIDS AROUND TRYING TO MAKE SURE ALL THE LITTLE GUYS GET ENOUGH LIGHT. i WILL BE GIVING THEM THEIR FIRST TASTE OF NUTES. :morenutes: I STARTED IN FOX FARMS OCEAN FOREST MIX SO NO NEED FOR FIRST 30 DAYS. I WILL REPORT ON MY MIXTURE TOMM, FEELIN A LITTLE PEKID SO I AM TRYING TO GO TO BED WITH A LITTLE WASHINGTON GOO. GOOD FOR THE PAIN AND INSOMNIA :tokin:

2ND GROW DAY 33

I hope it works 4 me. I need kids to be short & bushy. i think lsting will help them. but i have some leaf eaters r tearing them up. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i am using neem oil right now.
10-30-11_009.JPG
10-30-11_007.JPG

2ND GROW DAT 34

I am having a time with my leaf eaters. Neem oil is not working. So much 4 the great neem oil $10 down the drain. I am staring to get worried i dont want another battle with mites. I will get some lady bug killer, just have to make sure claims of being organic r true. I gave my babies some nutes 4 the 1st time the other day. It is made by a friend with a salmon base but I like it because its organic & its another live army being introduced into the soil. The more battles taking place the better. I was going to start the fox farms line of nutes but its not organic like i thought. so i will have to do some research and quickly. I have been informed that the blue planet line is a good alternative. just need to talk to cory and see if its organic. Have an awesome day evetone at 420 :goodjob:

I noticed some yellow spots on day 20 :helpsmilie:. it has just a few of the leaves affected. could it be mites or what there is just a gut feeling but it seems like the beginning of something drastic just a feeling but theRe is something not quite right. we will just have to wait and see!! in the meantime i am partaking of some maui wowi an old one but a fav :bigtoke:

Those bites taken out don't look to me like spider mites. They would be way smaller, white and spotted. Neem should work with mites as long as you use it frequently. Mix it with some dish soap so it will stick to the leaves.

Hope the problem gets fixed!

Yea the big holes are not made by mites it is something else. there was suppose to be another picture that shows leaves that look like something has been sucking on it. My camera is being stubborn and doesnt wwant to cooperate, its all shinny I cant see anything but i didnt in my first grow either but i sure did have them. it greatly reduced the amount of the harvest. Time will tell while i am spraying with neem oil.:welcome:

2ND GROW DAY

I am not a happy camper today, I was wantiing to do as organic a grow as I could. But I was told fox farms is not organic. The bag of soil (ocean forest blend) says its organic but i am being told it is not completely organic. I wanted to use blank soil but I was talked into using FF ocean forest blend. i have not used any of their nutes yet, so far its been a friends brew a salmon based with live cultures. they are in their 5th week of growth so i need to figure out what i am going to use. I have been looking at blue planet nutes. Does anyone have experience with blue planet nutes?? They seem to be very reasoanble priced so i wonder how well they work. but i would love any suggestions so i can do the research to make sure it has what i want in there. One thing i need is some of the fan leaves are extremely weak. they need some bolstering. So I have some research to do today. I want to make this taste as natural as possible otherwise i mine as well as take the morphine.

i was puuting the girls to bed and i saw an orange tiny bug no no say its not so Shane no THEY ARE BACK!! :icon_rollno not again. oh well its a war on our medicine and i will win this battle say goodbye mites your are mine ha ha ha!! :yahoo:

2ND GROW DAY 38

I gave the babies a drink of h2o. they liked that they looked so nice and perky!:cheer: After doing some deep reading and research on FF ocen forest potting soil is organic. So far the only thing i have given them is an organic. Thanx for the bad advice big guy. Anyway i was looking over the babies and those light yellowish spots are still on that one plant. I am not sure what it could be. I am going to continue watching it and see what else happens. The other babies are taking to LSTing the are producing nugs everywhere. And of course i still have the leaf eater. I wish i could figure out whats eating the leaves. I am spraying with neem oil as i thought i saw an orange bug hope not a repeat of my last grow. salmon meal, sea kelp, crab meal earthworm castings, and alfalfa meal

I am still looing for the micro nutrients i was going to get from FF open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching to help with the bud production and weight they may not be organic so i am checking. :morenutes: it has compost shrimp, please advise what i can use. Like i said right now i am using a salmon based nute. all help is welcome :welcome:

2ND GROW DAY 39

I still cant firgure out what these yellow spots are. I would think it was a little nute burn but that is almost impossible. it started before i started using anything and i dont think the FF ocean forest blend would cause that.

HELP!! ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE YELLOW SPOTS ARE there is a pic not very good that show the spots. i first noticed them on day 20. Not much happened since i guess just keep an eye and see what else happens.
11-8-11_0211.JPG

other than that i have not done much to my babies they are growing well like a weed lol! the only other thing i am worried about and that is if i have enough light. Since using LSTing they are becoming big bushes. i will be taking some clippings from them so that will help a little, but i have a 400w hps light with a 48" florescant. I am thinking about getting a cfl for a little more umff. we will see. talk to yall tomm tonight specialty is purps some of the most puple mmj i have seen yee haa :adore:

I am so excited :cheer: i just got my foilar sprayer so i can start foilar feeding yes i have been waiting for it and it came in. tomm i will use it for the first time. I have some research to do on the best ways to do it. more news coming tomm :thumb:

2ND GROW DAY 40

I dont get it I dont get it i mean I dont get it I woke up this morning too see one of my babies with several very sick leaves on it. But its not the one i have seen spots on. I really dont get it they have been growing beautifully with seemingly no problems. It has had nothing but water with one feeding of advanced nutrients an organic super grow tea at 1/2 recomended strength. I am going to water tomm and check the ph to see if its ok. I had some problems with my first grow I wonder if there is something wrong with the water. I will feed with reverse os water from now on and maybe that will take care of it. see yall tomm. I am going to smoke some white rhino and try to get a few hours :ganjamon:

You shoudl try turning your flash off or to fill mode to get a pic that is not so washed out.

That said I have had good luck with Safer brand insecticidal soap, you need to apply it every 3 days for 2 weeks but it does work well.

How did you use your neem? You know neem oil is systemic and must work its way into the plant to take effect?

2ND GROW DAY 41

Hey Maer thanx again for your help you are really a great asset to 420, anyway when I used the neem oil i mixed it with organic dish soap and the applied to both top and underside of the leaves. I don't know what eating the leaves but the holes are so big I don't think they are mites. There is a couple of pics on page 2. I am going to take a pic of each plant and hopefully you will see them and can tell me what you think about whats going on with them I think I might be ok but I want to make sure. If you think I should still get the safer brand insecticidal soap.

When did you apply the neem mix? Maybe you burned them with your lights? With a wetting agent (soap) it should NOT bead enough to focus light... dunno just guessing.

Have you looked with a magnifier at the underside of leaves? Check down the side of the pot to look for fungus gnat larvae.

Safer makes a 3 in 1 product but it is better to know what you are dealing with first.

My Farmer's Pride Organic line only contains organic and natural ingredients. The only non-carbon containing ingredients are soft rock phosphate and sulfate of potash but both are OMRI listed as natural since they were mined and not produced synthetically and can be used in organic fertilizers. Other than that, everything else is 100% organic and was once living at one time.
It works very good.

2ND GROW DAY

I am not a happy camper today, I was wantiing to do as organic a grow as I could. But I was told fox farms is not organic. The bag of soil (ocean forest blend) says its organic but i am being told it is not completely organic. I wanted to use blank soil but I was talked into using FF ocean forest blend. i have not used any of their nutes yet, so far its been a friends brew a salmon based with live cultures. they are in their 5th week of growth so i need to figure out what i am going to use. I have been looking at blue planet nutes. Does anyone have experience with blue planet nutes?? They seem to be very reasoanble priced so i wonder how well they work. but i would love any suggestions so i can do the research to make sure it has what i want in there. One thing i need is some of the fan leaves are extremely weak. they need some bolstering. So I have some research to do today. I want to make this taste as natural as possible otherwise i mine as well as take the morphine.

i was puuting the girls to bed and i saw an orange tiny bug no no say its not so Shane no THEY ARE BACK!! :icon_rollno not again. oh well its a war on our medicine and i will win this battle say goodbye mites your are mine ha ha ha!! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom