Number of plants in a growing tent

Yoda1

Hello everybody.
Long time lurker here but joined recently. I have a noob question that might sound silly, regarding the max number of plants / pots in a tent. I have been looking and searching around, lots of info but still not sure. I just purchased a 120/120/200 cm tent (that's 47/47/78 inch) and 3 packs of seeds from Herbies: 4 White Widow x Big Bud, 3 Heavyweight Fast & Vast and 3 Jack the Ripper, all autofems. My question to you guys, can I grow all 10 plants in one go in the tent? Would they not get too bushy and run out of space? Would be a shame to be forced to kill some of them because of space issue... I'll be growing with a 800W LED lamp and planning to use 5 gal pots. There is enough space for the pots, just I'm worried that I'll have to spread them around and run out of space in the tent. For sure many of you guys here have experience with these strains of autos, any feedback or imput will be highly appreciated. Happy growing!

I have the same size tent with a 600w HPS and I do 4 plants at a time. They fill up the space and I usually yield about 10 - 12 oz.

Many thanks for the fast reply Mick. Can you please tell me, are you growing autos or just fems? I know in general normal fems require more space then autos as they grow bigger and more bushy

just cause the pots fit, doesn't mean the plants will...even with auto's...less can be more!(still learning that one...lolool...hard when there are so many strains to try)...maybe start modest and give some topping and training...h00k...

4 with training would be your best bet as far as I would say. 4 trained plants will more than fill your tent and harvest the same as 10 smaller plants. Just burning extra money in seeds.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Plants when trained do get much wider in frame there for take up more space.id say 3 to 4 plants max in that space.and autos get huge like any plant u will see.best of luck;)

Hi Yoda1

My tent is the same size as yours, I grow three plants (plan to ScrOG). I grow in hydro but regardless, perhaps this can give you an idea and help you visualize the space.

I wouldn't grow more than four plants. Not unless you plan on doing SOG. They will fill up the space rather quickly.

Here's how they look after three weeks.
06_08_4.jpg

This was taken nine days ago
30_07_1.jpg

Regards

Back
Top Bottom