Nursing home took my friends supply

Friend Indeed

My buddy is liscenced 420 member who currently resides in a privately funded nursing home here in San Diego. He informed the staff that he was in possession of marijuana eadibles and they were approved by his physician. The staff had a meeting and a week later confiscated all of his meds. Does he have any legal recourse and if so, can you reccommend a pro-bono attorney or affordable legal counsel? The home also has deducted half of his income for their trouble. can anyone please help?

Re: Nursing home took my friends supply.

There should be some free legal advice outfits in Cali but I'm not from there.
A rule of thumb. Never inform anyone of your use of MMJ that doesn't need to know. The rest home didn't need to know anything about his edibles. They would probably not allow anyone to smoke either cigarettes or MMJ on site.
Maybe you can find some help here.
LawHelpCalifornia.org | A guide to free and low-cost legal aid, assistance and services in CA

Re: Nursing home took my friends supply.

There should be some free legal advice outfits in Cali but I'm not from there.
A rule of thumb. Never inform anyone of your use of MMJ that doesn't need to know. The rest home didn't need to know anything about his edibles. They would probably not allow anyone to smoke either cigarettes or MMJ on site.
Maybe you can find some help here.
LawHelpCalifornia.org | A guide to free and low-cost legal aid, assistance and services in CA

You'd Actually be surprised. All the nursing homes I've been to let them smoke. Yet again, They do technically have a right to not permit Marijuana (Medical or not) on the premises.

I would defiantly contact a lawyer though.

Hope that helps,
Chobbs

Back
Top Bottom