Nute amounts

ChiliConCarnage

420 Member
So, do I follow the instructions on the nutrient bottles or the EC-meter? I've read that you shouldn't exceed, certain PPM values, however, if I were to follow the instructions on the bottles, I'd blow those numbers out of the water.
The nutes I'm using are Advanced Nutrients Grow/Bloom a+b.
I'm growing DWC.
The water starts out between 20 and 60 PPM.

The bottles say I should use 4ml per liter for both the a and b solutions, which means 120ml in my reservoir, but if I go above half that, I'm already at the upper PPM limit (that I've read) for the stage I am in the grow (1/3rd of the way into flowering).

Am I reading the EC meter wrong? I can't really see how that's possible. It's one button that shows a value within the ballpark of what I'm expecting.

I use their recommendations only for the ratios, and even then I tweak as necessary. Every plant is different but I've never had to exceed an EC of 1.6ish and I grow monsters.
With dwc, monitor the change in your ec values over time. It's more complicated, but generally, if your ec is falling drastically you need to increase it. If it is increasing over time, the you need to decrease it.

Thanks for that comprehensive answer. My EC stays pretty stable with the water level, so I just adjust the water I add to the reservoir, which seems okay, but I've been wondering about this for a long time, but always forget to ask.

Back
Top Bottom