Nute burn or deficiency?

jokerlola

I was given this small Harlequin high cbd plant that has been grown outdoors. It’s well into flower and it has a lot of yellowing leaves on it. The grower was using Dutchpro nutes and feeding every other watering. Does this look like too much nutes or a deficiency? Should I just use water for a few days and see how it looks or should I feed with nutes and watch how it responds?

Attachments

• 1DC84BCE-5810-4ABC-84D6-9D43D4BC521B.jpeg
    1DC84BCE-5810-4ABC-84D6-9D43D4BC521B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
While a plant needs some Nitrogen all through the grow, this far into flowering, N is not the main nutrient needed... the plant at this stage needs much more Potassium, Calcium and Phosphorus than it does N. I can see that the plant has a general all over hungry look to her, showing yellowing starting from the bottom and moving up all over the plant... this is the clear sign of a mobile macronutrient deficiency, and i would guess that it is not just one element that is lacking.

Plain water, instead of continuing the water/nutes/water/nutes pattern the plant is used to, would just make this problem worse. Keep feeding bloom nutes every other time, at the correct pH right up to harvest time. You are going to get some decent yield off of this plant if you do... congratulations on the nice gift.

OK. I've been continuing to use the Dutchpro A + B Bloom and Explode on her. I've got a sample of Advance Nutrients Big Bud and I also have a sample of Humbolt County's Own Sonic Bloom which is 0-51-34! Should I try either one of those? I need to water the plant every other day. Should I be feeding with each watering or feed every other watering? Thanks.

OK. I've been continuing to use the Dutchpro A + B Bloom and Explode on her. I've got a sample of Advance Nutrients Big Bud and I also have a sample of Humbolt County's Own Sonic Bloom which is 0-51-34! Should I try either one of those? I need to water the plant every other day. Should I be feeding with each watering or feed every other watering? Thanks.
Feed/water/feed/water... there is a very good reason to do this. The plant can't use all the nutes that come in on the first pass. Coming in the next time with pH adjusted water only allows the nutes left over in the soil to become mobile again, and allows the plant to clean up the soil. It is a good system and it helps minimize the amount of nutrient buildup in your soil that can eventually lock out parts of the nutrient package.

What do you think about adding one of the bloom booster samples I have: Big Bud or Humbolt County's Own Sonic Bloom 0-51-34?

Here’s a better picture of the plant.

Attachments

• B08BD8E7-B0FF-49F9-A6B6-94AA2BBDCF22.jpeg
    B08BD8E7-B0FF-49F9-A6B6-94AA2BBDCF22.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom