Nute burn or deficiency?

HarrySchleem69

Alright guys im in need of some guidance. Im starting to notice more and more leaf "clawing" and burnt/ yellow tips. Im somewhat sure im dealing with excess nitrogen but what about the burnt/yellow tips? So to start, I just hit week 5 of flower, i fed a stronger dose of my flower nutes rated at 1-3-1 with 1% calcium also. The next day I noticed all of my leaves were droopy, probably overwatered but my main concern is the burning going on. Wasn't sure what happened so I flushed the soil approximately 3 days later but the droop and burn doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I've had nute burn on other plants before but it didn't look quite like this. With this, the tips start out yellow, then it starts to turn a specific brown color with the yellowing outlining the necrosis. The leaves also feel really dry and rough and im noticing some weird folding going on in certain areas on a few leaves. Is this just your everyday nute burn/N toxicity or is this a specific deficiency that im not catching on to? Im in a 50/50 mix of MG and cheap dollar store soil. 6 gallon fabric pot. O just don't want anything to progress and ruin all of my hard work. First grow and I can see the harvest on the horizon. Help a brother out

20201113_164028.jpg

20201113_164007.jpg

20201113_163949.jpg

20201113_163943.jpg

20201113_163925.jpg

20201113_163916.jpg

20201113_163900.jpg

20201113_163851.jpg

20201113_163836.jpg

20201113_163819.jpg

its not too bad the heavy watering would have clawed also , i have plants that claw when i water then they straighten out after they dry out , (n) overload the bottom leaves would be darker than the top leaves ,
I would check for mites though as i see pin head marks
can you add a pic of full plant in pot :)

the yellow tips are nothing to worry about... even organically grown plants do this as they reach the point where they are getting just the right amount of nutrients, and then just a little bit extra. This little bit extra is the extra fertilizer that is letting them accelerate their growth. The adage is, if you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough.

The droop though, and the limp leaves, indicates that you are overwatering by watering too often. Many people think that you must keep flowering plants wet. I do not. Let them actually dry out to the point of really needing water so that you can get some oxygen down to those lower roots a couple of times during bloom. The momentary drought stressor will be good for the development of your plant, and once those lower roots get flushed with oxygen, they will leap back into action and instead of the claw and droop you are seeing now, you will get lift... and suddenly all of your leaves will lift above horizontal and point toward the light. Right now, your plant can't develop the needed water pressure to do this.

The white spots also concern me but either you are right at the start of a mite infestation or it is some debris in the tent showing on a leaf or two... i just don't see it in most of the leaves and that doesn't seem like mites would typically do, especially if they had developed to the point of causing this droop and clawing.

The mites wont droop the tips , sorry if i explained wrong , my putting a sentence together sucks :straightface:, , what I'm saying is to check because you don't want them on your buds late flower , more of a prevention , i was given the heads up . :cheesygrinsmiley:
not sure , but check top and under leaves closely

Im in a 50/50 mix of MG and cheap dollar store soil. it might have free mites for a dollar too :nerd-with-glasses:

Inked20201113_163900_LI.jpg

the yellow tips are nothing to worry about... even organically grown plants do this as they reach the point where they are getting just the right amount of nutrients, and then just a little bit extra. This little bit extra is the extra fertilizer that is letting them accelerate their growth. The adage is, if you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough.

The droop though, and the limp leaves, indicates that you are overwatering by watering too often. Many people think that you must keep flowering plants wet. I do not. Let them actually dry out to the point of really needing water so that you can get some oxygen down to those lower roots a couple of times during bloom. The momentary drought stressor will be good for the development of your plant, and once those lower roots get flushed with oxygen, they will leap back into action and instead of the claw and droop you are seeing now, you will get lift... and suddenly all of your leaves will lift above horizontal and point toward the light. Right now, your plant can't develop the needed water pressure to do this.

The white spots also concern me but either you are right at the start of a mite infestation or it is some debris in the tent showing on a leaf or two... i just don't see it in most of the leaves and that doesn't seem like mites would typically do, especially if they had developed to the point of causing this droop and clawing.
The white spots are probably sheetrock as I have a bunch of clamp lights that I have clipped to some screws that are screwed into the wall . I try to clean as often as I can but I never seem to get it all so there's always dust and shit floating around. But thank you all for the help I feel much better about my plant

The mites wont droop the tips , sorry if i explained wrong , my putting a sentence together sucks :straightface:, , what I'm saying is to check because you don't want them on your buds late flower , more of a prevention , i was given the heads up . :cheesygrinsmiley:
not sure , but check top and under leaves closely

Im in a 50/50 mix of MG and cheap dollar store soil. it might have free mites for a dollar too :nerd-with-glasses:

Inked20201113_163900_LI.jpg
I don't think it's mites, I check CONSTANTLY for things like that as I'm extremely paranoid. The soil im using has loads of wood chips in it that are that color and I tend to touch the dirt alot and afterwards I tend to touch my leaves. Im somewhat of a messy person. I need to fix that lol

Back
Top Bottom