Medium - Ocean Farms with Rainbow Mix Grow mixed in
PPM - 0
PH - ??
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Solution Temperature
Room Square Footage - 2.5ft X 5ft X 5ft
Pests - None Known

Problem: New Growth is turning brown before even opening up. Lower growth is yellow brown

Now i've done my googling and i've figured out it's either NUTE burn, cause i mixed in the nutes with the soil when i replanted. Or its' light burn cause i had the CFL's too close
ANYONE??
20140630_122432.jpg
20140630_122438.jpg
20140630_122525.jpg
20140630_122538.jpg

If you want to save her you had better flush now... better than three times the substrate volume. Growth will be set back if salvageable.

I'm not sure. :confused:

Am I crazy that the pic of the whole plant seems to be lacking nitrogen as well as the purple stem that generally means she is starving/deficient? :hmmmm:

You may be right... who knows? Until Op provides more info we can't get at his issue? Until then, I'm comfortable being a bit presumptuous thinking he has driven the ph of the root-zone low with excess nutrients mixed into the soil, effectively lowering the ph. His info provides no info on ph... big mistake for many newbies.

The purple stem could be completely normal, it will depend on the genetics of his bag seed, which is an unknown strain.

First and foremost, you should get your hands on a PH meter. The digital meters are the best and most accurate to use, but the cheaper analog meters can get you by if budget is an issue, just keep in mind that the accuracy of each analog meter can vary.

With that being said, I'd get a handle on your PH first. Find out what it is, and we'll take the next step from there.

Other commentary: The nutrients you've used are time release, that means if you FLUSH your soil, you'll release massive quantities of nutes all at once, and this will likely kill your plant immediately. I always prefer to use nutes that I mix into water myself, that way I control how much I put in, and I know exactly how much the plant is getting.

OMG guys i didn't even see you guys answered. I was honestly getting alittle discouraged cause i thought noone answered. it's on a daily email not when you reply. SO i'm on top of it now.
First and foremost, before about 3 hours ago, i didn't have a PH kit. i now have one. i have PH'd my water to 6.5, then ran .5 gallons thru the pot. what came out was in the high 8's so i mixed another .5 gal on near 5.0 and ran it thru. the run off PH'd at 6.5.

Now, my next worry is the nute burn from mixing the EJ rainbow mix into the soil.

Now it's been about 3 hours since i did this and see is already looking greener. the brown leaves are looking greener in the veins, and the top growth and node growth is def poking thru. i'll post some new pics in a few.. any other thoughts on getting her healthy. thanks again for the help guys.. i'm in the for the long haul.. so your comments will be answered immediately..
Thanks again..
~PositiveGraz

SPIMP amazing link, thank you.. i'm not to worried about that, cause when she was growing outside and looking healthy it was purple..
HERE are the current pics.
this is after the correct PH water, and a quick gallon flush with alot of run off. and raising the lights alittle bit too. to make sure it's not light burn.

20140630_202349.jpg

the failed (i do believe top) i think there's only one main stem growing there.

20140630_202357.jpg

after todays watering and goodness

before i PH'd the water correctly..
20140630_122538.jpg

any other thoughts?

ha you know, i know it's a timely thing, but after reading and reading.. i don't think i like the idea of it being in the soil. i actually just repotted it in fresh FF ocean forest. gave it a 3rd of the water it should have and put her back under the lights. lots of stress today.. but i think now with the ph kit, and ph'ing the water, i think i should have this under control. hopefully at least.. lol i'm hopeing tomorrow when i wake up and after she wakes up, she looks green and healthier.. lol
thanks again for the input. i need all the help i can get..

ha you know, i know it's a timely thing, but after reading and reading.. i don't think i like the idea of it being in the soil. i actually just repotted it in fresh FF ocean forest. gave it a 3rd of the water it should have and put her back under the lights. lots of stress today.. but i think now with the ph kit, and ph'ing the water, i think i should have this under control. hopefully at least.. lol i'm hopeing tomorrow when i wake up and after she wakes up, she looks green and healthier.. lol
thanks again for the input. i need all the help i can get..

A replant was a good call.

OMG guys i didn't even see you guys answered. I was honestly getting alittle discouraged cause i thought noone answered. it's on a daily email not when you reply. SO i'm on top of it now.
First and foremost, before about 3 hours ago, i didn't have a PH kit. i now have one. i have PH'd my water to 6.5, then ran .5 gallons thru the pot. what came out was in the high 8's so i mixed another .5 gal on near 5.0 and ran it thru. the run off PH'd at 6.5.

Now, my next worry is the nute burn from mixing the EJ rainbow mix into the soil.

Now it's been about 3 hours since i did this and see is already looking greener. the brown leaves are looking greener in the veins, and the top growth and node growth is def poking thru. i'll post some new pics in a few.. any other thoughts on getting her healthy. thanks again for the help guys.. i'm in the for the long haul.. so your comments will be answered immediately..
Thanks again..
~PositiveGraz

Friend, had you the ph kit, we would have been in a better position to help. You say your first run-off fail into the 8's at first. This leads me to believe that you didn't mix in to much fertilizer. The roots from your girl absorbed nitrogen and expelled hydroxyl ions which raised the ph of the root-zone.

Put this chart in you favorites for future reference. https://boards.cannabis.com/attachm...sted-leaves-some-tips-curled-down-phchart.jpg

Friend, had you the ph kit, we would have been in a better position to help. You say your first run-off fail into the 8's at first. This leads me to believe that you didn't mix in to much fertilizer. The roots from your girl absorbed nitrogen and expelled hydroxyl ions which raised the ph of the root-zone.

seeeee thats what i thought too in regarding to not adding lots of nutes to the soil, cause lots of stuff i read, said the EJ rainbow mix, was designed to be mixed in the soil, and act as a time release as you water.. so i was expecting a low PH cause (and i think i'm right here with my head exploding full of newbie knowledge) that nutes are gonna make the ph lower.
regardless, after last nights stress, over-watering to get PH correct and then deciding to re-pot her at 10pm at night, cause i just didnt' like the nutrient in soil method, i peaked in the cabinet right before the lights went off this morning, and the top growth was about a quarter inch, and the new node growth is 2 very defined leaves. the overall tone of the plant is def more green too. yay she's lookin happy again.. i'll post pics when she wakes up. I did notice some mag deficiency (brown spots on fan only one one finger of the leaf) this morning on the 2nd node leaves, which wasn't there last night. i'm thinking maybe she got spashed when re-potted?? i dont' know really. they just popped up in the last 6 hours.. anywho.. again thanks for all the help guys.. your wealth of knowledge has re-opened my eyes to a hobby, that is more rewarding and fulfilling then any other out there.. thanks again for all the help guys..

You're very welcome. Keep regulating and adjusting the ph measurement of your run-off and you'll be well on your way to a rewarding experience indeed. That one action alone will save you many headaches. With each watering, adjust the root-zone ph for optimal nutrient uptake.

great, you know just reading you guys saying the same thing i'm thinking, is rewarding in itself.. :) now i do have a question, just to make sure i am doing this correctly:

I'm in a 3 gallon pot.
when watering, obviously only when the pot is light every 3-4 days. now i just want to make sure i have this process correct to PH soil---
1)PH tap water to 6.0-6.5-- (1st question- it's a 3 gal pot, i'm using a .5 gal pitcher. how much water should i use?)

2)Once run off happens, PH that to insure it's 6.0-6.5.

3)PH new tap water to equal difference to get soil to 6.0-6.5 (now 2nd question--- what happens if runoff is really high or really low. should i not worry about over watering and be more concerned with getting the PH correct??)

Now regarding feeding nutes, i was thinking of feeding once a week, or as need? should i get on a schedule or just as the girl shows signs of wanting something?

Again you guys are rockstars.. thanks for the help..

UPDATE FOR TODAY> 7.1.14
20140701_115815.jpg
20140701_115758.jpg
20140701_115657.jpg
20140701_115446.jpg
20140701_115415.jpg
20140701_115349.jpg

THESE are all the new top. so anyone wanna chime in here.. did i TOP correctly??? gosh i hope soooo.. hahahaha

20140701_115430.jpg
20140701_115356.jpg

these are of general growth.. it's much greener.. so i feel like the repotting last night was the best thing to do..

NOW for the QUESTIONS>>
Should i defoliate her bottom leaves, cause they are crusty and brown.. on the bottom node, they took a beating thru the bad PH and over nute. you can see from the bottom pic, how yucky they are.. they do have new growth sprouting, so should i pluck it, or just leave it and wait for the new growth to come in..

Now if i do pluck it Also i'm wanting to clone this plant ASAP to see what it is.. again it's a BAG SEED. so how soon can i do this.. i figure, clone, wait a week and straight to 12-12 for flower.. with-in a few weeks i should know the sex.. right?? lol

Now i understand if i should clone unhealthy leaves.. makes sense.. any help here tho is greatly appreciated..

Thats all i can think of now.. i'll keep thinking.. you guys again, kick ass.. thank you..

Back
Top Bottom