Nute Burn or PH Issues? please help 1st timer

jreading

Critical Sensi Star & Blue OG.

Using a
-2x4x5 tent
- G8 240watt (dual) LED and one
-PlatinumLED 300watt (dual) with VEG/BlOOM switches.
5 gallon round pots
2/3 FFOF with 1/3 FFHF on top with lots of perlite and a bit of dolomite lime.
- distilled water.
-AN nutes Grow, Micro, Bloom, B52, Overdrive, Voodoo Juice

Seeds sprouted 3/11. Topped on 3/29.....8 days ago.

CSS has been reaching almost since its first set of leaves. Looks awesome and and am experiencing no problems.. Just vigorous growth.

Blue OG has a different story. It hasn't done any "reaching" to the lights like the CSS. It doesn't grow as fast. Also the the main stem isn't as strong as the CSS. But has grown well and has about the same amount of nodes/branches as the CSS.

8 days ago i fed AN nutes to the plants use Ice mountain Spring water(mistake?) tested the water at 185ppm and after adding half the recommended dose of nutes ppm was at 660. Had about 3 and 1/2 cups runoff total from both plants.

topped plants two hours later

Both plants responded very well and had new growth with in 24 hours and looking great.

few day later -BLUE OG is getting little burnt edges on some of the older fan leaves. Couple days go by and im seeing slight Papering effect to leaves. Little amounts of burnt (yellow brown tips) and some yellow/brown spotting on my leaves. Also some of the leaves are curling upward on the edges and some of the tips are pointing down a bit.

That said there is still alot of new growth that is looking great and no issues on any of that but i am concerned about what the next course of action should be with this plant. Flush is what my gut says. Just having a hard time diagnosing it looks like it could be a few things.
-slight nute burn
-ph issues
-cal/mag issues ( now im newbie so i really dont understand cal/mag that well yet.

Was the water too high PH? (i read 8.0 online for ICE MOUNTAIN SPRING)

is the plant burnt from the nutes?

Now kicker is the CSS has been given ALL the same treatment and is dynamite no issues at all

please help......will post pics when cam is here

I'd say the blue og is just a bit more sensitive to the nutes. And if its just the tips clawing a bit its just the plants way of telling ya edge up on the nutes. Personally I never have much of a problem with pH in soil its a good buffer. I'm no expert but I've ruined grows with over nuting and it sounds like the early stages of it. But weasel is 100% right saying you need a pH tester and always flush with pH bout 6.5. Just give the blue of water for a week an a half then 1\3 the amount of nutes you give it that feed.:Namaste:

Just rereading your info now. I didn't see the first time how young they are. The Foxfarm soil has nutes in it already I believe. I've never used it but I hear some people having problems in the early stages with it being too rich, So unless I'm off base re the Foxfarm soil, they definitely won't need added nutes. They wouldn't need much even if your soil didn't have some included. I grow in soil (promix) and if I watered with ph8 I would have issues, even though I usually add lime. Regardless- a good flush with plain ph'd water is in order.

I agree weasel the soil is hot enough as it is. a flush and minimal nutes for a while. That soil is better for a transplant when you start flowering I find. Just start seedling in light soil. Nutes on top of nute rich soil= nute burn.

Fox Farm soil is loaded with nutrients as 90% of bagged soils on the market. By fertilizing too early you burnt your plants and most likely dropped PH in the same time. I advise you to rethink your approach and start using only pure water until it's necessary. Remember less is more in growing cannabis unless you want to have harsh tasting buds and inhibited terpene profile.

Back
Top Bottom