nute levels falling, is this normal?

barto

I'm using a tri-meter to monitor conditions in my bloombox and in the first 2 days after I do a res change, I see a 25-30% drop on the PPM(nute level) display.

I assume thaat this means that the girls are eating and it's normal

should I add more food mid week to bring levels back up, or just do my weekly res changes and not worry?

thanks!

I decide to pull a gallon of water out of the res, add about 1/3 of the nutes for the full res change and trickle it back in slowly so as not to shock the plants with a huge slug of food.
everything went fine, no shock and the plants seemed to perk up a little

for now, unless someone tells me that this is a bad thing, I plan to do a mid week adjustment if needed

I'm still new to the grow and appreciate any advice from those with more experience

thanks for any input

I decide to pull a gallon of water out of the res, add about 1/3 of the nutes for the full res change and trickle it back in slowly so as not to shock the plants with a huge slug of food.
everything went fine, no shock and the plants seemed to perk up a little

for now, unless someone tells me that this is a bad thing, I plan to do a mid week adjustment if needed

I'm still new to the grow and appreciate any advice from those with more experience

thanks for any input

Yes it is very normal for the ppm to lower and the PH slightly rise. That means they are healthy and eating the nutes up. I usually feed every other day to maintain a steady PPM. You should be fine, its best to take it slowly when it comes to nutes!

at the rate they are eating/drinking I may have to feed 2-3X week to keep the nute levels up... gawd these things are growing like "weeds" :yahoo:

Hello ,I have a bloombox and producer,I mix my water and nutes for the week and don't add anything but water when needed to the res,and this has worked just fine for me. I never had a problem doing it this way.hope this helps,I will be glad to help you if you ever need it.:grinjoint:

I also do a mid week feed with my setup. Its not a bloombox, but yes you can add nutes to up the level when the ladies feed. I have an aeroponic/nft system I built and it does the same thing, A couple days after res change the nutes are lower so I add to em. My girls are doing great, and I cant wait, Im starting week 7 of flower today and they are beautiful. The only problem Ive had, is They more than quadrupled in size.(damn sativas anyway) I started flower when they were 14" and they are now at 5 1/2 feet tall. Thank god they stopped growing. lol.. I ran out of ceiling hight, and the light is as high as it will go and theyre almost touching the bottom of the hood. Unfortunately Im gonna have a couple burnt colas, lol.. Have to make hash from em. Anyway, good luck and looks like your on the right path..

this week has been crazy for PH rising
I'm seeing approx a 1.1 increase between when I leave for work in the morning and when I get home at night

I adjust down to 5.8 - 5.9 and when I get home it's back up around 7.0

everything looks great, but it's driving me nuts (yea I know... short trip lol )

Hey everything going ok,don't worry to much about ph moving up and down ,it will drive you crazy trying to figure it out:grinjoint:

I it's all under control, I had some sort of reaction to an old bottle of nutes, 5.6 at 8am 8.1 at 7pm

36 hour flush of clear water, new batch of nutes, added a few more airstones and we're rocking and rollin' again

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom