Nute lockout? root rot? salt build up?

todaystomale

so im running ebb and flow 115 gallon rez into my 4 level octagonal pvc system with verticle air cooled light tube from octagonhydroponics. running 2 1k w and 1 600 w( in the middle of the 2 1ks) with nice digital ballasts. air temp in the room is 72-82 depending on where the reading is taken. Using 2 part Cutting edge nutrient system with dutchmaster gold zone for root zone conditioning(i dont know why other than it was recommended)
ok so i am a noobie and I mixed my nutrients and paid no attention to PH. Salt really builds up on my rez and Im not sure why. I mean 2 mm thick after just 24 hours. so i finally ph'd my water before adding nutrients and no salt build up today. I am wondering if that ph swing before didnt lock out the nutes. anyway here are a few pics. keep in mind that these are some of the worse looking ones and there are a few that are relatively unaffected.(space queen is the strain thats doing the best... that or pepper AK)
IMAG00125.jpg

IMAG00117.jpg

IMAG00104.jpg

Hmmm sorry I cant say exactly what is the problem but When I started my plants got bad burn from nute lock out. I spoke with a hydro shop owner and she suggested a plan that worked for me I was useing tap water but now only use R/O

1st empty and scrub rez

2nd refill it with phed r.o. water, add Final Phase clearing flush solution from advanced nutrients. Do a 4 hour flush/feeding followed by a 15-30 min flush/feed every 3 hrs for 2 days.

3rd drain the rez refill again with phed r.o. add in a bit of grotek mm2000 stress relieving product and keep on track with the 15-30min feed every 3 hrs for 2 more days

4th Then the last step will be another rez drain and refill with r.o. phed water this time switch to "your selected nutes I use Fox Farm grow big and a lil Cal-Mag with slow build up starting from 1/4 strength.

I recently attempt to go above 60% strength and that resulted in some burn so now I back to 60% and going perfect.

heres a link with pics First attempt having trouble

Hope it helped
Razer

ya i went about it the noob way. i wasnt ph'n my water before adding the noots so the ph swing locked out teh nutrients within 24 hours of me adding them. i spoke with the fella at cutting edge solutions who told me what my problem was after i fixed it. the plants are flowering nicely with the exception of a few. thinking about posting more pics im not sure if its bud rot now haha. they just dont have the big thick white hairs like some of the others. the deadhead og is already frosting. they are loving the nutrients not that they arent locked out. thanks for your help man much appreciate it.

so 2 of my plants just never grew and the buds they are producing are very small dense and not funky in the slightest. very very small amounts of trichromes and the hairs never really developed and are very short with darkened tips. I just don't have the heart to pull it out of there :(

so 2 of my plants just never grew and the buds they are producing are very small dense and not funky in the slightest. very very small amounts of trichromes and the hairs never really developed and are very short with darkened tips. I just don't have the heart to pull it out of there :(

Some plants flower and frost later in in the flower stage. Why not leave them and see what happens. I had a couple ladies thats didnt start to frost til about week 4 and no decent budsites til about week 6. She turned out allrite.

You mentioned having a 110 gallon resevoir and getting salt buildup in there. A couple things you can do to avoid this is adding an airstone/pump to help keep the solution moving. You can also throw in a small pump and place it near the bottom this will keep things moving around and won't let the solution "settle".

Just my 2 cents....:bong:

CGs

Back
Top Bottom