Nute water left over

Bud Diggler

How about when I mix up my soloution and I have a good bit left over, for coco and perlite medium, watering a few times aday. How long does my left over water remain good to use? I put a lid on the bucket, which has about a gallon left to still water with.

And what causes the PH to rise after sitting?

Well I think it depends on your nutrients! My hydro nutrient instructions say not to premixed nutes. once you mix them dump them in the reservoir and change every 7-10 days. This is hydroponics tho. Can you list the nutrients you're using? Some nutrients have living organisms in them which can die or muck up your solution over time. I believe light and heat also matter.

As long as you keep it aerated, it should last about a week or so. If you don't have constant aeration, it will only be good for a couple of hours.

As long as you keep it aerated, it should last about a week or so. If you don't have constant aeration, it will only be good for a couple of hours.
Thats interesting man guess it really depends on the nutes .. ive been mixing up about 4 gal and using it over about 4-5 days simple mix of salts and h2o2 seem to have worked for my last grow. Ive allways thaught airating the solution would be better tho .. if i wasnt using h2o2 i would.

Thats interesting man guess it really depends on the nutes .. ive been mixing up about 4 gal and using it over about 4-5 days simple mix of salts and h2o2 seem to have worked for my last grow. Ive allways thaught airating the solution would be better tho .. if i wasnt using h2o2 i would.

The h2o2 probably helps alot. Plus, the saltier the nutrients are, the longer they will stay viable, but 4-5 days is a little long to be leaving any nutrient solution unaerated in my opinion. If you have a medium that holds air and water in a good ratio, it will be less of a problem, but if your medium is peat based and not fluffed up, then you could allow the anaerobic life to take over the pot really easily that way, which could cause your plants some problems. A little $5 aquarium pump would be better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom