Nutes Burn

CP316

420 Member
Hi, Need some help with my auto candy cane, she is on day 47 from seed in 3 gallons pot (soil). Just noticed some nutes burn I think, last feed was day 44 (1ml silica, 4ml CalMag, 1/2tsp Epsom Salt, 2ml Mirco, 1ml Gro, 3ml Bloom and 1 tsp of Molasses) ppm @ 817, ph between 6 - 6.5.
(I know there is Nitrogen deficiency.)

Should I flush with 9 gallons of ph water or 6 gallons is good enough or i just give ph water for next 2 feedings. Also if anyone can help me to identify the spot in the red circle, if its nute burn or other deficiency.

Here are some pics, the one in the blue circle I think its nutes burn, but not sure the one in the red circle if its nutes burn or other deficiency (Possible Magnesium deficiency but I do add calmag and Epsom salt for magnesium).

Attachments

• nute.jpg
    nute.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 87
  • day47.png
    day47.png
    988.8 KB · Views: 93
  • bud.png
    bud.png
    844.8 KB · Views: 80
Agreed on Calcium deficiency. My guess is that you're locking out Calcium with excessive Magnesium. The two play off of each other and have to be in the correct ratio. Your Cal Mag already has Magnesium in it and blended in the correct ratio. Then on top of that you are adding Epsom Salts which is more Magnesium, throwing everything out of kilter. My recommendation is to quit with the Epsom Salts.

FYI - Nute Burn normally manifests itself from the leaf tips and works it's way inward. Leaf tissue is brown and crispy. Rust colored spots in the middle of leaves is indicative of Calcium deficiency.

They don't look too bad at this point. In a 3 gallon pot I'd probably just run about 3 gallons of plain water at them and come right back behind that with a gallon of feed minus the Epsom salts.

Agree with farside, I forgot to ask why you were adding Epsom salts when using calmag. Excess of magnesium can lockout calcium as well as potassium.

Cuz I had magnesium deficiency on the bottom leaves before and they died so I trimmed them off.

Thanks for all the input guys. I am really appreciated. I will just give ph water next time and minus the Epsom salt for nutes feed and see how it goes. :thumb:

If you get mag deficiency again, increase your calmag amount, a little excess calcium wont hurt and that way they are balanced. I've never run more than 3ml per gallon but most people say 5ml max. Depends on your brand of course. I switched from botanicare to gen hydro because botanicare has to much nitrogen imo. Plus since I now use gen hydro base line, it makes sense to keep it consistent. Good luck, they look really good so far.

Back
Top Bottom