Nutes in AU

Soilwork

Looked at getting some fox farm on ebay but they want 100 shipping fee.. do we have other recomended local products? Checked bunnings but not sure if any od the are suitable.. whats your experience?

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm still pretty new to growing but here's my list of nutes:

From Bunnings - Miracle-Gro (the blue stuff) for veg. Seasol through veg and flower. A little GoGo Juice once a month. Liquid Potash for flower (only just got this). Manutech Trace Elements for veg and flower. Boost Juice for flower, though I'm not using this one currently because one plant got nute burn from it although another plant fed at the same time with same solution was fine.

From hydroponics shop - Bud Storm for flower. Want to get CMX (Calcium, Magnesium and Iron) for possible deficiencies.

I'd also like to hear what other people use in Australia that can be gotten easily from Bunnings or a hydroponics shop.
(edit) Forgot to mention I'm growing in soil outside, 1 in the ground and 1 in a pot.

So far.. im outside atm i been using power feed for tomatoes for flower.. and seasol for flowers fruit and citrus for flower..should i get some potash and other stuff? Have one flowering atm not the biggest but looks okay for my first

Not sure how to edit but i mea
Mt the tomatoe one for vege

Yea i seen those. But there are 2 types.. both have an a and a b.. no idea which is best. Ill take a photo of them next time in bunning.. never been to a hydro store.. would they ask me what im growing if so what do i say haha

I run a worm farm. Collect juice and use the poo soil. Best thing i did for my outdoor grows.and during flower add pk heavy and some potash. Juice is a great organic fert and i havent burnt a plant yet with it. And they love it.

For my indoor hydro.i use hydroton.
Ionic grow 1 part. $20 at hydro shop.
Flower. Dutch master flower 1 part.
Dutch master potash+.
Or a cheaper flower nute green dream 1 part

Hey everyone!

First post here, figured (since I now know there's an Aussie section on 420) I would post a bit of info about a company I stumbled across called Nutri Tech Solutions.

They're based in Yandina, Qld and have a pretty strong focus on producing the best food (and medicine) possible with naturual inputs. Not everything they provide is strictly 'organic' but I would wager they still don't contain any harmful or questionable compounds.. e.g. one of their products contains phosphoric acid, so whilst technically not organic, it ain't harmful (TO THE PLANTS..in the right dose and application conditions) and the plants seem to love it!

Anyway, I wont keep ranting at the risk of sounding like one of those one-post-wonder members I am sure this place has no doubt seen from time to time.. Check em out.. I wont link to their site directly in case they don't want traffic from or connection to a cannabis forum but google being your friend it shouldn't be hard ;)

Just in case you want to see what a first timer with home made LED lights and some of their stuff can churn out..here ya go (hopefully these pics work, I see a lot of noobs fuck it up haha)

EDIT: The lights you see aren't my home made lights either, sorry..those 'side lights' in there are just some freebies I got off my bro when I replaced some of his lights in his house. They ain't grow specific, but figured an extra 50W on offer for free wasn't something I was willing to pass up - especially since I have had this weird yellowing and subsequent dropping of lower and more shaded fan leaves - thinking it may be nearing the end of the plants cycle..they be bag seed of unknown origin..but adding light was mentioned as I am too scared to trim leaves as I already had hermie issues on another plant that got lopped down.

20170313_165514.jpg
20170313_165608.jpg
20170313_165750.jpg

Yea.. why wouldnt it just say.. guess some trial and error is about to happen. These plants r going to be freaky by the time i have done with them.

Thanks mate

I just go down to Bunnings and pick up the Yates all purpose and Yates bloom and flower

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
Not overly designed for what we need. It will do but i personaly find it way off for growing the great bud.

grow n steady wins the race

Does anyone know of any good organic nutes in Aust? Preferably easy to get from Bunnings, hydro shop, or online with safe/stealth delivery.

I've been using Miracle Gro for veg and although two plants in the ground survived three plants in pots died about 3 weeks into flower. I'm pretty sure it was salt buildup and/or ph imbalance from the Miracle Gro. I wanna set up an indoor grow soon so would like to eliminate the death by salt/ph issue before killing even more plants.

Do you guys flush mid grow at all? I'm thinking I might have to a few weeks before or after switching to flower to try and get past this salt/ph/death problem.

Also, you're supposed to water with 10-20% runoff, but not supposed to leave pots sitting in a saucer full of water. How does peoples remove their excess water after feeding time?

I feed on one day. Next feed i use plain phd water. Then feed then water. If i notice problems i flush immediately. I have a worm farm. And i use worm wee as organic fert. Plants love it. Feed worms high nitrigen scrapps during grow. And feed more phosphorus and flowering needs for flower. Thats how i do it.
Plants need to run off and i dont advise it sitting on its saucer. Water needs to drain out my friend

I feed on one day. Next feed i use plain phd water. Then feed then water. If i notice problems i flush immediately.

I've been doing the feed then water cycle too. But for some reason around 3 weeks into flower things go downhill fast. It's happened on three different potted plants (I've had 2 in the ground and they never had problems, only the potted ones did). All happy and healthy looking and growing awsomely then around 3 weeks into flower they get a feed with the same amount as previous and bam within a few hours they're almost dead. Possible ph imbalance (I've since got a ph reader), but more likely a salt buildup from non-organic veg nutes. There ends up being a lot of white stuff (salt?) built up around the bottom of the pot. Have since got something to flush but I'd prefer to eliminate the cause of the problem (which seems to be non-organic veg nutes).

I have a worm farm. And i use worm wee as organic fert. Plants love it. Feed worms high nitrigen scrapps during grow. And feed more phosphorus and flowering needs for flower. Thats how i do it.

I'm aware of the more nitrogen during veg (currently using Miracle Gro) and needs more P and K during flower. I've been doing that just fine. The problem is a salt or ph imbalance which seems to be caused by the non-organic nutes (produces chelating salts) which kills the plant, which is why I asked if anyone knew of any good organic nutes, not how much N-P-K to use during which phase of growth.

Plants need to run off and i dont advise it sitting on its saucer. Water needs to drain out my friend

I'm aware plants need run off and shouldn't let them sit in water, which is why I said you are "supposed to water with 10-20% runoff, but not supposed to leave pots sitting in a saucer full of water." I'm also aware water needs to drain out, which is why I asked "How does peoples remove their excess water after feeding time?"

I don't mean to sound rude but it's like you read my post without actually reading my post. How much did you have to smoke? You answered questions I didn't ask that I already know the answer too yet you didn't answer any question I did ask that I was looking for an answer to.

Those questions being:
* What are some good organic nutrients available in Australia (from Bunnings or local hydro shop) or just good nutes that won't kill my plants.
* Does anyone flush mid grow if there are no visable issues, or do you just flush at the end before harvest?
* If you have run-off into a saucer, how do you remove that water (without lifting or moving the pot)?
* Also, I didn't ask the question in my previous post, but what type of soil (organic or not) do you use?

its hard to say since you didn't actually say what you were medium you're using, i run hydro and use cyco since they have such a large lineup its hard to get deficiencys, also with the canna nutes when it had a and b they are to be used together

Back
Top Bottom