Nutes problem

greekdx94

420 Member
Hey guys,

First time grower here and im about to start the whole growing process but i cant figure something out. I have searched every site and every forum but still, i cant understand how to use nutes! I got myself fox farms trio (Tiger bloom, Big bloom and Grow big) and checked the schedule. I really cant understand anything. I know the number on the schedule are tsp, but i read that im not supposed to put so much and some people argue that i dont need to put any for a month as i use soil with nutrients. I also got that i have to mix them in individual water gallons ( 1 gal. ) but that's where i get stuck. How do i give them to the plant? Do i empty all of the gallon? That seems too much. Can someone please help me with the preparation, dosage and feeding. I have read generic guides everywhere but i really dont understand as no one is being specific. Thank you :love:

For your first grow using bottled nutrients follow the recommendations of the nutrient manufacturer and or the same feeding schedule of someone using the same nutrients you are.

In regards to mixing nutrients....in a secondary container you can either: A) add the nutrients first and water second or B) add water first and then the nutrients second.

Don't worry about Parts Per Million(PPM) unless you are running a hydroponic setup. If you don't want to have your soil tested, by a competent agricultural lab, for mineral deficiencies before you start your grows. Expect a calcium and or magnesium deficiency to show up at some point in your grows and the need to supplement calcium and magnesium.

You will always find decent information in the completed grow journals.

I suggest also mixing your nutes the night before you water. I use a blender then put a aquarium airator in it. Get a ph meter too

I still dont get how the whole process works. Lets say its week 4 and i need to use 6 of X and 4 of Y. I take 6 tsp of X and mix it with 1 gal of water and then 4 tsp of Y with 1 gal of water or mix both tsp in 1 gal of water? Also every how many days per week do i "feed" the plant and with how much of the 1 gallon? Do i need to water the plant also the same day or is the nutes+water fine? I really dont get this and your answer didnt really help :( sorry

Yes add all the nutes to the one gallon.

Water every 24 hours

Water enough until it pools if your in soil. You'll know if you over water I count 3 seconds for 5 gallons in my head usually

so lets say the nutes mix for week 4 is X and Y. I pour the whole thing in one day of the week or spread it over 2 seperate days (or how much it needs to empty. Also is that for 1 plant? Or can i use that 1 gallon for both my plants. really sorry for all the Qs but im new and i really want to learn.

I use one gallon for roughly 4 or 5 plants in 5 gallon containers. So you might be overwatering unless you reuse the nutes you didn't use the day before (which is fine but mix it well) a blender is a really good investment. Its not like your going to be putting food in there so you can pick one up at a thift store for a few bucks

You can use a whole gallon of water for one plant or half a gallon per plant. How much you use depends on the plants. Early in the vegetative days you can get away with much less water and as the plant grows and the roots continue to develop it will need more water.

Personally speaking I go through a gallon of water per week for one plant. Other growers might go through several gallons of water per plant per day.

When you are first starting out in there is a lot of trial and error and with each consecutive grow you get better. The best way to learn is just grow a single plant and compare what you are seeing with the results of other growers. Don't get locked up in having to have all of your questions answered before you start a grow.

Read a lot and watch some documentaries. I did that for almost 4 months before my first grow. Take literal notes now, after a dozen crops or so you won't even need them anymore.

one last thing. Is it recommended to use a lower dosage than the one that Fox Farm recomends. For example if they say 6 tsp it should be 3?

Back
Top Bottom