Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

If I am using Pro-Mix with nutes in it for an outdoor grow in a raised bed and am limited to Miracle Grow will the mixture be the same for feeding. Excuse me but I am a newb and did not understand the part "Start with (A) for the 1st 2 feed... then (B).. and end-up with (C) the week before you go 12/12". What r these numbers? Sorry and thanks for any clarification(explanation) you can give me on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've grown a few plants indoors in the past and outdoors. So I know the basics of things.

I got a bag of Liberty Haze and it had 4 seeds in it. I dumped the just popped seeds into my patio tomato planters and forgot them.

One seed survived and was growing....

I potted it to grow on my apartment patio. I could hide the plant from visitors and the large tomato plants in the corners obscured views. They leave a light well between them. Tomato plants are 5-6 ft tall already and should shield plenty.

Since I am dirt poor...literally, I bought Miracle Gro Pro mix from the dollar store and transferred the 3" pot to a gallon or so one.

The plant was growing nicely, but that pot was filling roots rapidly.

I probably did a bonehead thing, but instead of removing the plant from pot....I used a hacksaw to cut the bottom of the pot off and set the entire container inside a 3 to 4 gal one. It looks a bit weird with one square container stuck on top of a round container, but? LOL I got more root space. (probably not the best method)

In day 5 of 10 hrs light.

Is there a cost almost nothing bloom increaser I can apply and when to use it? Miracle Gro Pro has nutrients in the mix and not sure how to handle that. Not sure how long those nutrients will be used up.

I was figuring a tomato fertilizer?...supposed to help bloom increase. Is there a nearly free or very inexpensive thing I can add for blooming?

I'm using an 'Octopus' multiple arms bent and tied down like octopus arms and bud sites from tip and along arms.

Should just let the pre-fertilized by itself or add something to boost bloom...not interested in a larger plant, just large buds?

I hope this is the correct forum to ask that?

Thanks

apologies....I have so little time. I scanned for info on the question, but time did not allow for a proper search. Unless someone has something else as a cheap alternative? I read about molasses and bat guano for a tea. Will investigate that.

thanks

@gato
it's really hard to give advice in these circumstances. Best bet would be to wait for any signs of deficiency and work off that. The soil has a pre-mix of nutes in it so any advice given would be speculation due to the fact we don't know what the plant is using up. As for nutrients is it possible to order something on line and get it delivered?

Kind of figured that. I read that molassis is ok anytime and assume it would benefit without harming plant.

Thanks for the response....in a way I sort of already knew the answer.

There's always some additives. My nutrient line up looks like this right now

2012-07-29-164.jpg

it's not cheap I tell you that check up the price of that bioheaven stuff.:rofl: don't tell the Ms. Spart I've been making it rain on biobizz :rofl::rofl:

Figured it was out of my meager budget. The local Big R farm store was out of bat guano and no molasses, but found a bloom mix with guano FoxFarm Big Bloom organic with worm castings, bat and sea bird guano, rock phosphate. sulfate of potash magnesia and kelp.

If it doesn't help the pot much....the tommy tomatoes should benefit.

Guess this ends the thread...thanks for the helps sorting possibilities and practicalities.

No schedule for gh maxi powder schedule with kool bloom powder??

The GH Maxi Series is not the most popular nutrient around here. But it works - and it's cheap, lol. Many people (that use it) seem to just use one teaspoon of MaxiBloom per gallon throughout their grow. (I have read many times that it is far better to weigh out seven grams than to use a teaspoon for measuring.) Adjust to the correct pH for your medium (soil or hydroponics) as you would with any other nutrient. People will dissolve these dry nutrients by filling a jar half full of HOT water, adding the nutrient, putting the lid on, and shaking it for a few minutes, then dumping it into a larger container and adding the rest of the water.

The above is, basically, the same thing as the "Lucas Formula's" use of the GH Flora Series FloraBloom liquid nutrient component.

Others will use MaxiGro at the same rate during veg and use the MaxiBloom strictly during flower. You would have to decide for yourself which method works better for you.

Some people do not use KoolBloom at all. Others will use ½ teaspoon per gallon for the final few(+/-) days before they start their flush. Others will use it at various times during flower (frequency seems to vary) at up to one teaspoon per gallon.

These are just general guidelines that work for many. As in all things, lol, YMMV.

BtW, like most every other nutrient company, General Hydroponics has feeding schedules for all their products.
Maxi Series (Recirculating):
General Hydroponics – Grow indoor. Grow outdoor. Grow with us.
Maxi Series (Drain-to-Waste):
General Hydroponics – Grow indoor. Grow outdoor. Grow with us.
These are simple one-page charts that you can print. There is also a "Feedchart Generator" page, on which you can enter lots of variables, give your chart a name, select the series of nutrients, and it will create a custom version of the feeding chart for you. That web page is located here:
Basic Feedchart Generator – General Hydroponics

Many people recommend that, when using a nutrient brand/type for the first time - or when using one on a strain that is new to the grower (especially if it is a sativa) - to follow the "less is more" approach.

EDIT: BtW, the forum's search function still works ;) :
General Hydroponics MaxiGrow/MaxiBloom
DWC Maxibloom?

Re: NUTES - What To Use and How to use them - Tutorial

I am using flora trio nutes. You said 2.5 ml first week. Do you mean per gal. I have four gallons in a five gallon bucket. So I put 10ml?

I'm still in the very early stages of planning to grow. I am currently looking for a suitable space.

My last experience, 20 years ago, with growing was a huge 12000 watt, flood and drain, SOG system. I liked the flood and drain, hydroponic system, and in an environment where there is plenty of water, a good drain, and room for reservoirs, is very attractive to me. I also am drawn to a DWC system.

This time, I will not be trying a huge garden, but rather something like 16 - 25 sq feet.

But, I also know there are advantages to using soil and similar potting mediums.

I am going to very careful in selecting a site, where I can control the environment - air flow, temp. humidity.

So, what are the pros and cons of hydroponic vs soil systems?

I can think of a few, but I'd be glad of the benefit of your experience.

I'm still in the very early stages of planning to grow. I am currently looking for a suitable space.

My last experience, 20 years ago, with growing was a huge 12000 watt, flood and drain, SOG system. I liked the flood and drain, hydroponic system, and in an environment where there is plenty of water, a good drain, and room for reservoirs, is very attractive to me. I also am drawn to a DWC system.

This time, I will not be trying a huge garden, but rather something like 16 - 25 sq feet.

But, I also know there are advantages to using soil and similar potting mediums.

I am going to very careful in selecting a site, where I can control the environment - air flow, temp. humidity.

So, what are the pros and cons of hydroponic vs soil systems?

I can think of a few, but I'd be glad of the benefit of your experience.

Hydro is daily chores. Soil is kick back relax. But I love hydroponics cause it keeps me busy. Love the quick and large growth.

Hydro is daily chores. Soil is kick back relax. But I love hydroponics cause it keeps me busy. Love the quick and large growth.

You say "love the quick and large growth"... do you mean that with a hydroponic system the growth is faster and larger (more yield?) than with a soil system?

That reason alone might tip the scales towards hydro...

WOW, 22 pages...too much to read of I’m sure great info. I was using the fox farm trio, but my big bloom is in need of a refill, so my question is does anyone feel there is a noticeable better Nute out there that I should buy instead of the Big bloom, keeping in mind I’ll still be using grow big and Tiger bloom. High times all!

Im thinking about starting my first grow.... But the problem is I live in the middle of Africa and nutes are not available to me like everone else around the world...... Our mailing system is crappy and the local courier do not allowed any liquid to be flow in..... So i dont want to waste money for it to be only taken away..... So i have been looking around and found several diffrent options...... I would like to knw if I can use them and how I can go about it......... The pictures are below..... I also have a digital Ph pen, led light, soil, and several autoflowering seeds..... Any help and guideance will be greatly appreciated
420-magazine-mobile7939547.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1027264449.jpg
420-magazine-mobile560623520.jpg

I have read that time release isn't good but this is what I have found so far and a few other nutes that I dint take pics off
Any help will be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi im thinking of starting my first grow in soil and the nutes that alot of people on here use are not available to me.... Im in Africa and the courier services wont allow liquids and the ones that do are super expensive due to the weight..... So if someone with expirence guide me in the right direction I would gladly appreciate it.... Below are the pictures with ratios these are the nutes available to me so if you could guide me and let me knw if I can use them I would really appreciate it
420-magazine-mobile1599002879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1707119746.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom