Nutrient amount broken down N-P-K: advice needed

Zayah

How much of each do cannabis plants need to successfully grow for example I use Fox farms Happy frog which contains 0.30% N 0.30% P and 0.5% k. I read that this is enough to supply the plant for up to 3 months or something like that and I'm just wondering if that's enough nutrients then how much do I really need to grow one. I use Fox farms brands and the grow big is at 6. I'm just afraid of giving it to much of something. Also with the secondary nutrients how much of each should you give? I know it's not as much as the primary nutes.
Thanks ;):Namaste:

Hey Zayah :ciao: how's is going? I also use Fox Farms products :thumb: ...I use tthe FFHF for seedlings and FFOF for my big girls. I used to use the dirty dozen lineup for nutrients. Now I just use the basic trio, got tired of putting 12 different things into 6 to 8 gallons of water every time...grow big for veg, tiger bloom for flower, mixed with the big bloom for both...and trust me, you don't want to wait 3 months to start feeding, I start at a quarter strength at 2 weeks from sprout :morenutes:and you can check my journals, all my ladies are happy and healthy, and I don't PH in Fox Farms soil either...you can but it's a buffered soil so...no need to...here's a feeding schedule for the dirty dozen, if you don't have them all, just use what you have :goodluck:
9541def28f293017262e112ce6f795212363a6b9.jpg

I gave you the wrong chart there @Zayah my bad, here's the other one for the dirty dozen :hmmmm: actually it's a bakers dozen if you count the "Big Bloom" = bat guano/earthworm casting tea

And hey @Buds Buddy, here's that chart...

EDIT: I don't flush, so I skiped the "Sledge Hammer" :hmmmm: it was money wasted...but as I said before I get great result with just the first 3, with some cal-mag, it's all you need IMO :hmmmm: plus for my cheap ass, it's less expensive :rofl:
dirty bakers dozen.jpg

Learned something new just looking at the chart. EC x 700 = PPM

There's actually 3 different scales, converting EC to ppm. The two most common are the 500 & 700 scales.

What's the difference between ppm500 and ppm700 scale? The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 scale is also referred to as TDS - total dissolved solids.

The Hanna scale, ie 500, is probably the most commonly used and what many of the cheaper meters on Amazon are based on.

There's actually 3 different scales, converting EC to ppm. The two most common are the 500 & 700 scales.

What's the difference between ppm500 and ppm700 scale? The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 scale is also referred to as TDS - total dissolved solids.

The Hanna scale, ie 500, is probably the most commonly used and what many of the cheaper meters on Amazon are based on.
Do you know how freaking long I've been looking for this info? OMG thank you so much!

I gave you the wrong chart there @Zayah my bad, here's the other one for the dirty dozen :hmmmm: actually it's a bakers dozen if you count the "Big Bloom" = bat guano/earthworm casting tea

And hey @Buds Buddy, here's that chart...

EDIT: I don't flush, so I skiped the "Sledge Hammer" :hmmmm: it was money wasted...but as I said before I get great result with just the first 3, with some cal-mag, it's all you need IMO :hmmmm: plus for my cheap ass, it's less expensive :rofl:
dirty bakers dozen.jpg
Hey thank you you know I was a little conflicted which chart I needed to use because of that same two that you posted LOL now another thing is I'm also using autos some of the time so should I like break that in half or how much should I dilute it for autos ?

The notion that autos eat less than photos is false. I feed my autos exactly the same as my photos. I've even had autos that took higher fertilizer rates than photos.

Figures ... it had to be more complicated then I thought ... lol. So if I'm using Fox Farms nutes & it's based on a 700 scale the cheapo amazon ppm meters would be inaccurate ?

Figures ... it had to be more complicated then I thought ... lol. So if I'm using Fox Farms nutes & it's based on a 700 scale the cheapo amazon ppm meters would be inaccurate ?

You see where the Fox Farms schedule has EC? If you have a 500/Hanna scale meter, just multiply by 500. So an EC of 1.0 = 500 ppm. .8 EC = 400 ppm. 1.2 EC = 600 ppm, and so on.

You see where the Fox Farms schedule has EC? If you have a 500/Hanna scale meter, just multiply by 500. So an EC of 1.0 = 500 ppm. .8 EC = 400 ppm. 1.2 EC = 600 ppm, and so on.
I think I get it. The EC # stays the same & you multiply by which ever ppm scale you are using to get your ppm's.

I think I get it. The EC # stays the same & you multiply by which ever ppm scale you are using to get your ppm's.

You got it. EC is a universal number. When quoting pom's you should always state which scale you are using.

You got it. EC is a universal number. When quoting pom's you should always state which scale you are using.
Well since we're at it, I'm going to pick your brain a little more. When it comes to NPK is there a simple way to calculate the ratio's. For instance 30% should be N & 50% should be P & 20% should be K ? I'm still confused on how to figure this out to push as far as possible during flower. Obviously the ratio's are different from Veg to Flower, so there would be different percentages if it can even be figured out that way. And the additives .... Does each additive change the NPK or are there some additives that don't effect it ? I'm going to get this figured out yet if it kills me.

Well since we're at it, I'm going to pick your brain a little more. When it comes to NPK is there a simple way to calculate the ratio's. For instance 30% should be N & 50% should be P & 20% should be K ? I'm still confused on how to figure this out to push as far as possible during flower. Obviously the ratio's are different from Veg to Flower, so there would be different percentages if it can even be figured out that way. And the additives .... Does each additive change the NPK or are there some additives that don't effect it ? I'm going to get this figured out yet if it kills me.

The easiest way to calculate the blended N-P-K of multiple products is to use my calculator, it does the math for you. There are many calculators in the spreadsheet, look for the one that says Blended N-P-K. You'll enter the name of the product, how much of it you used, and the N-P-K of that product. It will do the rest. If you don't have Excel, it should open with Google Sheets. You may have to save it to your own device in order to modify it.

I target a blended N-P-K of 2-1-3 to 2-1-4 throughout the entire grow. The idea that the plant has drastically different nutritional needs in Veg and Bloom has been disproven years ago. I would doubt that a N-P-K of 2-1-3 (or multiples thereof) is obtainable with Fox Farms products. Nearly everything they make has an incredibly high amount of P.

The easiest way to calculate the blended N-P-K of multiple products is to use my calculator, it does the math for you. There are many calculators in the spreadsheet, look for the one that says Blended N-P-K. You'll enter the name of the product, how much of it you used, and the N-P-K of that product. It will do the rest. If you don't have Excel, it should open with Google Sheets. You may have to save it to your own device in order to modify it.

I target a blended N-P-K of 2-1-3 to 2-1-4 throughout the entire grow. The idea that the plant has drastically different nutritional needs in Veg and Bloom has been disproven years ago. I would doubt that a N-P-K of 2-1-3 (or multiples thereof) is obtainable with Fox Farms products. Nearly everything they make has an incredibly high amount of P.
I just saved the calculator. Thanks.

Oooo....imma stalk you now

Does each additive change the NPK or are there some additives that don't effect it ? I'm going to get this figured out yet if it kills me.
Just depend on if the additive contains nitrogen, phosphorous or potassium. Some additives have none of the above.

Back
Top Bottom