Nutrient and feeding question

Sgtsativa

So for fun I priced out a crop worth of advanced nutrient expert level.
524.00 worth of nutes for a crop? I priced it at 30 gallon size grow. 6 - 5 gallon buckets. And just keep 35 gallons in ebb and flow resevoir even if it's a 66 gallon res.

This is according to the chart wich is 6 weeks then a week flush.

I suck at math but 524.00 for a crop?
Am I missing something?
Is it worth it?
Can someone give me a more affordable alternative?
I'm going for quality and simplicity. I will gladly drop the coin for this if it is worth it.
If I can just use general hydro trio and a flush additive and still get great results that's even better because I'm in for 1600.00 for a complete ebb and flow hydro with everything I need for all stages and processes setup already and I'm spread way to thin

What do you mean? I would be doing four plants from seed but the hydro system is minimum 6 buckets with a 66 gallon res. Thinking 25 bucks a seed max. Feminized. 4 weeks veg and 8 flower.

I was calculating nutes for 35 gallon resevoir. I could get cheaper seeds but 100.00 for 4 seeds is ok if they are quality. Plus I would get like 10 free ones with purchase and could clone etc. It sounds like you don't approve of the nute prices, I can't blame you. I'm in north america.

I just did a general hydroponic price out and it's like a quarter of the amounts of liquid. I need to check my math .

Flood and drain. I must have converted ml to oz wrong or something. I'll recheck it later . I don't know how to delete this thread

So I just double checked. The math is right. A crop of general hydro base nutes and extras with left overs is about 100 bucks. Where does the extra 200 or so go? Can you mix nutes? Like gh base nutes and bud candy and pig tabs?

you have to differentiate between main nutes and additives ... it usually is stated somewhere on the bottle ... i wouldnt start mixing main nutes between brands but you can use additives from a different brand
IMG_018957.JPG

this is what i use now i could swap out the power roots and green sensation with for example pk 13/14 , terpinator , mammoth P and the likes as they are all additives ... see what i mean ... now i wouldnt mix lets say my cocos a+b 1/2 strength with a different brand at 1/2 strength ... thats just the kind of experiments i would never do on a plant if ye risk deficiencies and other problems . most brands are specially designed to work as a 2 or 3 way nute combo messing with that balance is messing with fire ...

at least thats how i think about it ...

Thanks bra. I think I will go general hydro base nutes with bud candy or chaching and pirahna and flawless finish

Yes I looked at the advanced nutrient schedule at 35 gallons. If I bought the whole lineup with base and additives and used them according to instructions it would be about 540.00 for veg flower flush. A course of general hydro base nutes veg to flower is around 50 bucks . I got it down to about 200.00 for a full crop cycle with flush using gh base and 2 or 3 advanced supplements

Just price checked general hydro expert schedule . 13 different supplements I can run 6 grows for 200.00. Either general hydro is garbage or advanced is a little too proud/invested in their product

Do you tare(factor out/ignore) the existing ppm of your water scource ? Or say you start with 200 ppm water and you need 400 in nutes do you add 200 or 400 in nutes?

AN PH Perfect Trio is $30 on amazon for 3x1L bottles, pair that up with the AN hobbyist bundle ($45) Z7 Enzyme Cleaner ($25) and calimagic ($15)

and for $115 you have a solid set of nutes that should last you 1-2 runs.

Here is the nute calculator:

Nutrient Calculator | Feeding Schedule | Advanced Nutrients

Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are amazon products:

Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow, Pack of 3

1666129014760.png

General Hydroponics CALiMAGic 1-0-0, Concentrated Blend of Calcium & Magnesium

1666129103782.png

FLYING SKULL CUSTOS PLANTAM PLANT PRODUCTS Z7 Enzyme Cleanser, 8 oz

1666129161596.png

I started out running AN trio and all the additives and it worked fine but i couldnt keep paying that much. Ive been through a couple other lines and have finally settled on GH Maxiveg and Maxibloom with Rhino Skin, Big Bud and Overdrive feom AN and some Z7. The maxi line is a powdered one part and its pretty cheap. Works like a charm too.
I had some issues with my pH tanking into the low 4s with AN so the pH perfect does have some flaws...

Nice to hear some tried and true feeding and supplement regimens . I am just tripping on the ppm measurement. I guess to simplify things just follow the dosage schedule. I'm assuming the ppm in the water is factored into the total ppm.

Back
Top Bottom