Nutrient Brand Change - Help please

When I started growing I bought a quart each of Humboldt's Micro, Grow, & Bloom. After raising four plants for about 80 days now, I am running low on nutes, especially Bloom. So yesterday Big Brown brings me a shipment of Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Micro, Grow, Bloom. :cheer:

The AN appears to be lower on N-P-K all the way around, and recommends a fairly steady feeding schedule where Humboldts has more of a sliding scale adding much more Bloom in flowering. Next Friday I'll be switching over to the AN. The listed nutrient values and suggested feeding of each are listed below. My question is should I trust the AN instructions and jump to full strength since I've been running close to the 100% rec of the Humboldt which, on paper at least, appears to have higher concentrations of N-P-K ? Or start slow 30 to 50% and work my way up?

Any suggestions or tips welcomed. TIA.

Humboldt
Micro 5-0-1, 1ml/L seedling, 2ml/L veg, 1.75ml/L early flower, 2ml/L flower
Grow 2-1-6, 1ml/L seedling, 2ml/L veg, 1.5ml/L early flower, 1ml/L flower
Bloom 0-6-5, 1ml/L seedling, 1ml/L veg, 3ml/L early flower, 3.5ml/L flower

AN PH Perf

Micro 2-0-0, 1ml/L seedling, 2ml/L up to 3-4 sets of leaves, 4ml/L all the rest veg and flower
Grow 1-0-4, 1ml/L seedling, 2ml/L up to 3-4 sets of leaves, 4ml/L all the rest veg and flower
Bloom 1-3-4, 1ml/L seedling, 2ml/L up to 3-4 sets of leaves, 4ml/L all the rest veg and flower

Re: Nutrient Brand Change...Help plz

Well an does produce great results. I'm a house and garden guy. Check out my threads and journals to see results.

I would start at half strength, I use AN GMB as well, and they are concentrated...found that out switching from GH Flora GMB.

Used GH 3 Part Flora series and had good results. Although I don't have any other brand experience, so I would like to hear more about your new experience with AN, BuddroGreen!

GH Flora GMB is good, but I feel AN is hands down better, I still use other GH products instead all the AN stuff. All I use is AN GMB, GH Floralicious Plus, GH Flora Nectar fruit-n-fusion, GH Liquid Kool Bloom.

I don't have any GH grow pix, but here is AN grow week 5 with all supplements included listed above.

CBB1.jpg

I opened the AN and mixed up 1L at rec. dosage today. Then used my tds meter, subtracting my starting tds of my tap water I wound up with a nutrient tds of 1075. Correct me if I am wrong, but there shouldn't be any difference in tds of 1L vs 15L if both samples are given the same ml/L of nutes. If that is correct then it looks like I will be using a 60% rec. dosage if I grow the Bubble Kush again to keep in line with how I've been feeding them this time.

I might be a little slow, but I usually figure it out...much later than most. :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom