IMG_20140522_183739.jpg
IMG_20140522_183829.jpg
IMG_20140522_183801.jpg
IMG_20140522_201044.jpg
IMG_20140522_202031.jpg
IMG_20140522_185018.jpg
IMG_20140522_185222.jpg
IMG_20140522_185537.jpg
This is my first real grow with a setup that is still being added to, plants are about two and a half going on 3 weeks old, ive narrowed down the issue to nutrient burn obviously and or Nitrogen Toxicity. Im using a hydropnics rail with an ebb and flow setup, i turned off the res timer and started to hand water with strate RO water with a PH of 6.1, but they still got worse over night, the only thing i can figure is the moisture and residue inside the rail was still getting to the plants, i took them out, flushed agin and let them dry while i cleaned the entire system, pump, rail, tubes, oxygen stones etc.

Now with a clean res/rail and pure RO water circulating im waiting and wondering what will happen, have i done the poroper things to correct the toxicity? Is there more than i can do to help increase recovery?

What type of nutes WERE u using, once you get the system corrected we need to get you on a better feed schedule then you had before.

Just remember that they need lil to non nutes for first 2-3 weeks then once you see root production like you have now, you would add LITE fed to it. Timing is alot of it and every system is lil diffrent in how it reacts to change.

post a pic of ur nute line u did and want to use with a list of the amounts you used in your mix.

*** Also i know you took plants out to clean rez, just a reminder to be careful not to leave them out of rez for too long. Light on the roots can cause damage, and the change in humity from your rail to the room is a big difference too.

other then that it will just take some time to have them bounce back! :thumb:

What type of nutes WERE u using, once you get the system corrected we need to get you on a better feed schedule then you had before.

Just remember that they need lil to non nutes for first 2-3 weeks then once you see root production like you have now, you would add LITE fed to it. Timing is alot of it and every system is lil diffrent in how it reacts to change.

post a pic of ur nute line u did and want to use with a list of the amounts you used in your mix.

*** Also i know you took plants out to clean rez, just a reminder to be careful not to leave them out of rez for too long. Light on the roots can cause damage, and the change in humity from your rail to the room is a big difference too.

other then that it will just take some time to have them bounce back! :thumb:

Here is the lineup i have, however i wasnt using every product you see, i was way way over feeding with too much of a combination of nutes, im now using AN 3 part ph perfect. With a little sonic bloom in the res. (Its seaweed and complex amino acids, very lite nutrient, also used for foliar feeding) im at a ppm of 59 and a ph of 5.7 i just begin to circulate the system with the nutrients added a few moments ago.

IMG_20140415_182022.jpg
IMG_20140525_142856.jpg
IMG_20140525_142826.jpg

They look like they are ok, only one looks like it really got to it. The flush should help. In 24 hours I think they will be perky! :cheer:

The plants have recovered well, almost 48 hours of flushing every 15 minutes non stop, ive just added lite nutrients to the res, below is what im using now, @ 59ppm and Ph of 5.7

How slowly should i bring up the ppms? What level would be optimal for 3rd week of veg after they have become fully stable?

IMG_20140525_132427.jpg
IMG_20140525_142632.jpg
IMG_20140525_132517.jpg
IMG_20140525_132626.jpg

Here are a few autoflowers i just started about 4 days ago, theres just a few drops of AN micro and grow ph 5.6 @ 30 ppm they look like they are doing great so far should i just use plain RO water with very light root starter instead? they have roots coming through the bottom of rockwool already, this is a 7 week auto flower from germination to harvest

IMG_20140525_145725.jpg

IMG_20140515_171542.jpg

Welcome to 420.

I have been reading your thread, sorry I do not have the knowledge to help you. Just wanted you to know you are not being ignored.

Have you tried reading through some journals that are using the same method of growing as yourself?

Oh yes, ive been researching, this is my 2nd grow, first time i used an all in one nutrient and it went great, except it was bagseed and all male but now im working with fem seed, but a 3 part nute, after this flush im going to use dynagro instead, i just seriously overfertalized with the 3 part, i jumped the gun when i saw them perk up so well after 48 hrs, i should of let them be atleast another 2 days before eveing thinking of adding anything to the res, pretty much all ive done is cost myself time and stressed them out, they are starting to perk up agin, they seem to do the most healing in the dark ive noticed, im guessing its not having to deal with photosenthasis and is able to focus of flushing itself of toxins and buildup? Im just sitting back and waiting at this point.......

Glad to hear things are perking up.

I read a great thread recently about using DIY co2 generator, might wanna check that out it can be quite beneficial. Several really good growers added some great info, just do a search in FAQ for DIY co2.

Good luck with your grow.

Do you have a journal?

Glad to hear things are perking up.

I read a great thread recently about using DIY co2 generator, might wanna check that out it can be quite beneficial. Several really good growers added some great info, just do a search in FAQ for DIY co2.

Good luck with your grow.

Do you have a journal?

You mean like thw Co2 buckets? Yea co2 is kind of a thing you do when youve accomplished every other optimal level of nutrient and conditions for the plant, that extra boost to get the maximums. If you have good fresh air flow your c02 levels should be pretty good

Not really sure whats going on at this point, they perk up when the lights are off, but after a day with the lights on the whilt agin, what gives? I dont understand. they are still getting strate RO water, the leaves are turning back to a nice lime green instead of dark. When should i begin to slowly add nutrients?

Not really sure whats going on at this point, they perk up when the lights are off, but after a day with the lights on the whilt agin, what gives? I dont understand. they are still getting strate RO water, the leaves are turning back to a nice lime green instead of dark. When should i begin to slowly add nutrients?

if you are still att 59ppm then yha you need more you should be higher... ur ppm (tds) should be up to 1,000-1,400 in veg.

Use ur nutes, but start with a half dose, once you see how they react and the change in ppm, add more and start a regular flush and feed schedule.

If you have personal questions about the nutes your using and what/when to use what, pm me and i can give you a hand.

Back
Top Bottom