Nutrient Burn in Root Zone?

shagshop

HI there guys i understand that nutrient burn will show signs at the tip of the leaves first but does anyone know if you have added to much nutrients to the water does this affect the root zone and can it lead to root rot?

peace out, stay chilled :)

Root rot happens when you don't have proper drainage and the roots sit in water for too long. They can't get the oxygen they need as a result. This is why you need drainage holes in your pots and let the plants dry out between waterings. It's got nothing to do with nutes.

thanks for the reply much appreciate it. I am sorry i should of mentioned that i am growing in dwc and not soil thanks

i think it might be to high off ppm that is causing a nutrient lock out which is also causing a nutrient burn and also affecting my root zone because they cant intake nutrients therefore slowly causing root rot.... i don't believe anything else can cause this as my water temp is between 60f and 68f, room temp is at 68f and i have a 211g/h air pump with 4 outlets going through 4 air stones 15cm and my res is 5gal and also my res is light proof and my ph is 5.7. I am by no means answering my own question but does anyone have any knowledge on this and can someone verify that my idea sounds logic or i sound completely wrong.
cheers guys i look forward to seeing some comments and seeing what answers we get.

Your water temp looks fine to me & with in the target range.

How ever they are other disease which may effect the roots perhaps the use of H202 may help out or other supplement.

I'm reasonable sure high PPM doesn't effect roots tho.

On the off chance you might of over feed to cause nutrient burn ?

It could be the plants are drinking lots of water & not taking up enough nutrients this will adversely effect the PPM value of nutrient solution in the dwc bucket etc

what up fuzzy duck thanks for the input. your comment about " on the off chance you might have over feed to cause nutrient burn " i think this is correct and could you tell me does this damage the root zone ? thanks an at the moment i am using dutch master zone as for my roots is this the same as using a h202 product like hydro guard ? thanks for the input guys every bit of information helps

since last night i removed half of my res water and replaced it with plain ph water (5.7) and over night i have seen a big change in the plants roots there's about 1cm of new growth and it looks completely white also my water level has dropped about 1cm over night as well and the new growth on the leaves are perfect and look nice and green.

Overall my roots are a very light brown to white color and i believe that i have over feed my plant causing the start of root rot. I just hope that i have got this early enough and that it wont keep effecting my grow.

Back
Top Bottom