Nutrient burn on 2 week old plant?

havoksgrow

I recently started growing a few old seeds I had laying around in a promix potting soil. I'm not sure what the strain is but I think they are both from the same batch.

So it's about 2 weeks from seed and one of my plants isn't doing as well as the other one. The leaves are clawing down and starting to burn.
The plant beside it seems to be doing well, it has maybe 3 brown dots in total and the seedling leaves have started to crisp away on this plant.

I've just been giving them a few table spoons of water every couple days when the first inch or so of soil gets dry. This is just couple day old tapwater.

Are the nutrients in my soil to blame? Could it be the pH in my water? Seems weird that one plant is having such a bad reaction to the same potting mix
20181123_180848.jpg

20181123_182825.jpg
20181123_180841.jpg
20181123_182839.jpg
20181123_182906.jpg

Like how many tablespoons? She may be underwatered. Ph could be an issue too you really need to manage or at least know what you are putting in, in most cases. I am a coco grower but that doesn't sound like much water.
I usually just pour some in until a few mm is sitting on the top of the soil and let it sink in. That is usually takes 2 days for the soil to dry out.

Is the water running out the bottom at all when you do so?
Nope, but I dont think Im getting signs of under watering with its sister plant. Its a little droopy in this picture but Im about to water it. Last watering didnt seem to perk up the burn plant at all.
Last time I grew In solo cups it was really easy to over water them during this stage. When I watered till run off the plants would droop and for a few days and the top of the soil turned green. frequent small watering seemed to stop that.
Maybe the water isnt penetrating deep enough into the soil this time? Im just nervous since im not sure what types of nutrients are actually in this soil and if i give her a big drink that might activate even more nutes currently in the soil.

Pro mix isn't soil it is a inert soil-less mix. It should be treated as passive hydro from what I understand.

What is your water pH?

Do the leaves feel thin and papery? Fat and thick?
They look like too much N or watering issues.

Omg lol. Something is very wrong there. I think u have to go with 5.8 to 6.0 for that media. Problem is that phout is far too low! That's the issues popping up. Flush the shit out of it with a gallon of non ph'd water then with a couple cups full of ph 5.8 water, then give it a light feeding like 1 hour later.(do you have the liquids to feed it?)

Water out should be in the 5.5 and up range otherwise lockouts occur. Same for ph of water in above 6.8 roughly. Even 5.5 is kinda too low. Others say ignore ph out but that's how you help diagnose a plant IMO(or maybe that's the ppm out I'm thinking of lol)

Water out should be in the 5.5 and up range otherwise lockouts occur. Same for ph of water in above 6.8 roughly. Even 5.5 is kinda too low. Others say ignore ph out but that's how you help diagnose a plant IMO(or maybe that's the ppm out I'm thinking of lol)
Yeah I've heard people say to ignore it too but I dunno. I've got general hydro 3 part, it says it's good for soil and hydro on the bottles. I haven't added any to my plants yet, it's just getting the 0.3% nutes from the potting mix. I've got some cooled off boiled water at around 9 ph. Should I add a bit of my nutes to that and water? Since neutral pH water is dropping my plants down so low maybe I need to start off with something that high?

GH 3 part is what I use too. Works great with recommended feeding schedule. I would highly recommend to flush that media (soil) completely. Something in it could be what's making things difficult.

Run it in the sink with tap water on low for like 10 or 15 minutes. Then make a gallon of nutes with the seedling or early veg nute recommendation from GH soil feeding schedule. Ph the gallon of water to 6.5 and start flushing it with half that gallon of nutrient water.

Next after its drained, place party cup in saucer and feed it a bit more nute water (like a full party cup of water) and measure the ph out. With any luck it should read 6.5 or lower. 6.0 is what you are aiming for but for this test we are flushing and correcting the ph in your soil-like media as well as replenishing nutrients

If you're lucky enough to get 5.8 to 6.0 ph of water out, your done and from here on ph your water to 6.0 water in or whatever gets you in that 5.8 to 6.0 range of water out. If off by a point in either direction you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom