Nutrient Deficiency?

Wesley Pipes

Hey Guys!
I have 4 Grandaddy Purp clones that I recently acquired from a dispensary (They're pure Indicas)
I've had them since last Thursday, so about 4 days.
I'm doing an indoor, DWC grow in a portable closet that measures about 2'x4'x5'. I have the closet lined with reflective mylar material (plain, silver giftwrap). Suprisingly this material isn't quite light proof, so I usually have a couple sheets laying over the closet, especially when the lights are off.

I have them separated into two 5 gallon rubbermaid containers which are filled up to about 4.75 gallons. The reservoir temperatures stay at about 65-75 degrees.
I've about three 2700k CFL's and two 6500k CFL's about 4-6 inches about the plants' highest leaves and a Holmes clip fan about 4 feet above the plants and lights, oscillating on low when the lights are on.
The closet is always about 75 degrees Farenheit and the humidity stays at a steady 45-50%. The pH of my reservoirs are a pretty steady 6.5-7.
I added nutrients to their reservoirs before I transplanted them 4 days ago. They came in a mixture or rockwool and some form of potting soil, so I just rinsed the dirt from the roots as best I could without causing any damage. I did tear about 2 or 3 small roots all together. I'm assuming slight root damage won't kill anyone!

I've got my plants literally just sitting in some grow nets with about 1 cm or so of water covering the roots right now, because they haven't yet grown through the nets. To keep the main stem from becoming waterlogged, I've tied them to zip-ties, which keep the tip of the main stem about .5 to 1 inch above the water. They're leaning a little because of this though.

Because I'm paranoid of bacteria breeding in my reservoirs, I have 4 plastic discs covered in reflective duct-tape sort of sitting over the top of my grow nets to keep light from shining on the water.

I'm using Blu Moon Bio-Active Nutrients (The GROW formula for the vegetative cycle) and also Blu Moon Mega Roots. The GROW formula called for 1 Tablespoon per gallon, but I only did 1 Tablespoon per reservoir. The Roots formula called for 1 mililiter per gallon, so I literally added just a drop to each reservoir.

Just yesterday I noticed a significant amount of yellowing on the plant in the right reservoir. Today it's gotten worse and the second plant in that reservoir is yellowing as well.
This is disconcerting because the plants in the left reservoir seem to be doing well. One of the plant's roots has actually extended itself through the grow net by about an inch or two.

I'm not sure that the issue is oxygen deprivation, as I have a 12 inch airstone in each reservoir, held down by aquarium rocks to keep them from getting all willynilly.

I haven't fed them since Thursday, so I'm thinking that maybe it's a nutrient deprivation? But that wouldn't really explain why the plants in the left reservoir are so happy. I DID add an extra drop of the root formula to the left reservoir by accident. I haven't noticed any spider mites or anything.
I went ahead and pinched off the worse of the yellowed leaves because I didn't want the plant putting any extra effort into saving that part of itself.
Also, there's still some gravel and pearlite on the leaves that's left over from when I rinsed all the dirt from their roots.

I'd appreciate your expertise, as I am at a loss.
photo_2400.JPG
photo_1461.JPG

Thanks!
I lowered the ph to about 6.5 this morning. I haven't noticed any improvement, but the yellowing hasn't gotten any worse. Hopefully this does the trick!
:thanks:

If its just the bottom sets of leaves your fine they will use stored nutes while they take roots and will cause yellowing on the leaves that were there when they were taken

The yellowing has gotten worse!
I Lowered the pH to 6.5. And I've been feeding them 1.5 tbs of nutes once a week.
Even a few top leaves are starting to yellow.
I don't want to kill them:/

Back
Top Bottom