Nutrient or tds

grannyT

Hi guys! Is there a difference in a tds and a nutrient meter? When search for nutrient meter on eBay it brings up the stick kind of meter. I was told I need a nutrient meter so when I flush the meter will tell if all nutrients were flushed for harvesting.
Another question, I will be out of town for 3 nights and four days so shouldn't even be starting anything but I have a clone with beautiful roots in DWC cloner...need to transplant. What is best to leave for a few days, I know I can't leave soil grow for that long, so should I transplant to DWC ?? No one to help with it while I am gone. I am a new grower and only grown one bagseed plant in soil.. Ended up being so sticky and lemony, it was so nice. Then I burnt the hell out of it while it was in flower,.so took a clone to try to preserve it. Now two clones rooted with pretty roots but the plant looks awful. But any way that's the clone I'm needing to transplant but going to have to leave a few days. I would hate to have to let it die.
Thanks for any opinions.
grannyT

TDS = total dissolved solids.

This is measured in microsiemens and thru a multiplier can be converted to a PPM (ish) measurement.

So 2000 microsiemens can be converted at a 0.5 conversion rate into 1000 PPM. The same reading at a 0.7 conversion would be 1400 PPM.

It's always best to express measurements in microsiemens or to give your applicable conversion rate when sharing values.

Many meters will have adjustable conversion modes. I generally use 0.5 as its very common in the United States and converting in your head is easy, just halve the microsiemens.

TDS = total dissolved solids.

This is measured in microsiemens and thru a multiplier can be converted to a PPM (ish) measurement.

So 2000 microsiemens can be converted at a 0.5 conversion rate into 1000 PPM. The same reading at a 0.7 conversion would be 1400 PPM.

It's always best to express measurements in microsiemens or to give your applicable conversion rate when sharing values.

Many meters will have adjustable conversion modes. I generally use 0.5 as its very common in the United States and converting in your head is easy, just halve the microsiemens.

Thank you for that piece of knowledge ! Wow ! Had to read that a couple of times. :)
grannyT

I totally understand the dilemma you are facing. When I have to go out for a few days I am in a fix too, as I also do not have help around the clock. I am against cloning now at this stage, when you will be absent for monitoring.I personally think that TDS and a nutrient meter are the same, at least that’s what my home depot guy told me. I suggest you buy a 0.5 meter too. I am using one myself and it is easily available. The units on it are easy to convert and use.

Back
Top Bottom