Nutrient PH won't stop going back to 7

Athos56

I couldn't find a direct answer, most searches results are about run off PH. So I mix my nuts and then use PH down to get it to 5.5 to 6 range. I put in the air stone and an hour or 2 later the nuts are 7+. I readjust and again, it raises to 7+. I adjusted before bed and check it in the morning and it's 7+ again! Is it the natural buffering of my tap water? The PPM of my tap is 80, I wouldn't think it would have that much buffering. What to do? I brought it down to 5.5 again and watered with that but why is this happening? Thanks

this is just a guess as im not fully qualified to answer you lol when you use your tap water do you let it sit out for 24/48 hours then ph down or do you ph down first , I do know leaving tap water out will get the chlorine out of tap water maybe thats why it changes back , its just my guess and im only trying to help :cheesygrinsmiley:

Goodluck

Paddysmoke is on to something, I'm using R/O water and just letting it sit for 24 hours I can see the ph go from 5.8 to 6.4. Just run this little test last week and still not 100% sure on how to best use the information. But ph does seem to fluctuate when water is just sitting.

Thanks for the help everybody. I also noticed one thing, when I first adjust my water I need a few full droppers of PH down to get it to 5.5. But, after it migrates back up to 7, I might only need a couple of drops, far less, to get it to go back down, and then a only a drop the next time. I don't usually let it sit before adjusting it, but my current batch has been in the bucket for a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom