Nutrient stain on roots?

JoeyLuciano

I am currently running 4 plants in 4 separate bubble buckets. The problem is my roots are starting to get brown but i don't see any sing of slime. they stay at about 72 degrees and have plenty of oxygen in them. I am currently using FloraNova Grow, and if you have eve used FloraNova you would know it is very thick. I think this thickness of my nutrients is causing my roots to get stained by it. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions as to what it might be. Thank you.

Pictures help a lot. That way we can see what you see.

I would also fill this out: How to Ask for Grow Support

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

I'm dealing with the same thing on my Original Sour Diesel all it is with me is the Humic Acid that I'm using. I also have more than adequate aeration and no slime as well, just some brown looking roots lol. No ill effects on the plant so far. You can check my DWC journal out if you want to see a photo of what mine looks like. Crappy quality but you can see what I'm talking about. Just skip to pg. 4 it's near the end if you want that is not trying to pressure you lol.

That's one of the reasons I stopped using gh nutes. I switched to an and got beautiful white roots. I just switched to flower and used b-52 and now they are stained again!

I'm done using that for sure . I know it helps but it just bothers me to see them dark like that.

Stained roots aren't necessarily a problem. Knowing the difference between a stain and "brown slime" is whole nother ball game.

Yes that's correct. You can see the stain and usually smell the problem. I only had root rot once. It was last year and I lost the crop. In the summer I only flower at night because of this. That's why just seeing the stain bothers me. Almost like PTSD :)

Back
Top Bottom