Nutrient strength

Johnthomas

Hi all. This is my first grow. Strain is Speed Bud, cabinet grow, DWC, LED panel, Fox Farm nutes, pH at 6.0. I have tried to conservatively follow the fox farm schedule. However, at week 3, it indicated I should be at a minimum of 1260 PPM. I increased strength to 1000 PPM. I experienced what I first thought was calcium deficiency. After a few days and lots of leaf damage, i realized it was more likely nutrient burn, I flushed and reduced nute strength to 400 PPM. Growth has since flourished, but I'm now at the end of week 4, still at 400 PPM, and my new growth leaf tips are still yellow, to my knowledge indicating nute burn. From everything I've read, this is very low. Thoughts?

Some pics would help. I'm not a master at this stuff- but 1260 ppm at three weeks sounds crazy high. So does 1000. If they're happy at 400- keep them that way or else I would raise perhaps 100 ppm per week. I tend to go pretty conservative (and still having nute burn issues, lol). Burnt tips will never heal so it's the new growth that you have to watch.

I am like Weasel and run conservative. I would be about 700-750 week 3.( i am using 180ppm tap water)

I almost never go over 1000ppm. I use GH 3 part with z7 and Hyrdogaurd in my DWC's.

Back
Top Bottom