Nutrients for my fresh rooted clones

candygrower

Hi 420 magazine users. I have four mother plants 1 grand master kush. 1 femonized big bug. 2 feminized northern lights. Running on a 18 hour on cycle. I took six clones using clonex rooting compound and clonex rooting gel. I had a 100% success rate. I took four of the rooted babies and put them into an 18 gallon reservoir DWC system using only distilled water for the first week until the roots showed through my six inch net pots. I bumped up some of my nutes(flora system) to 100 ppm with a ph of 5.5. The DWC system is under 2 18 watt cfls. I have the four mothers under a 400 watt HPS bulb but the hydroponics is temporarily shaded from the HPS. Any advice on what I should have the ppms at would be wonderful.

Now day 10 into the hydro DWC system. Keeping the ppm around 200. Any advice on what I should adjust it to next would be great.

I am a soil grower, that used to grow in hydro, my knowledge of hydro is some what limited, that being said. The plant is fully mature. Assuming you have plentiful roots. I would gradualy increase my ppm first to a 1/4 strength nuts. then increase ppms' with each replenish. The best judge of how much to feed is the plant istself. This is why I say increase gradually, the plant will tell you if a higher ppm is required. ie... leaves pointing up means feeed me more. Leaves curling under is saying I am full. Just try to remember that less is more. Hope I have helped.

Thanks psyclops. The roots are looking wonderful. I didn't know that you could tell what the plant needed through the curvature of the leaves. All my leaves look good, nice and firm. No wilt or anything. I scheduled to do my res change in three days. :thanks:

Thanks psyclops. The roots are looking wonderful. I didn't know that you could tell what the plant needed through the curvature of the leaves. All my leaves look good, nice and firm. No wilt or anything. I scheduled to do my res change in three days. :thanks:

Not a problem. Before you know it you will be speaking Marijuannese!!! If you watch them and with a little experience you can tell exactly what they need. Whether it be a deficiency or a lock out,(which are 2 seperate things), or when they want some cal/mag. and they will. Glad things are looking good. keep up the good works.

Just went out of town for thee days. Came back and the hydro ladies have doubled in size. Looking so good. The root balls are already starting to form.
Ph 6
Ppm 200
Day 13 in the system.
Doing the first reservoir change tomorrow. Any advice on what you think the ppm should be let me know

Since they are I am assuming mature clones and they sound like heavy growth has started I would increase the strength by half. Keep in mind it is much easier to add nutrients than it is to take them away. Let your plants help to guide you. If the leaves are a nice deep green, flat (looks almost like they have been ironed) and pointing up. All signs that they are hungry. When the leaves curl down, to much food. I really do not like saying this but it is so true; "less is more".
I think the biggest challange for a new grower is to resist the temptation to add just a little bit more. The intention is good, more food more and better growth. Just a shame that it doesn't work that way. Sorry for the rambling

Keep rambling. I will take all the information I can get. I did my first reservoir change today and I bumped up the ppm level to 280. The leaves are looking good no droop, no curl, all good. From my previous experience with a hydroponic window garden (mint plant) I found that "nute burn" is irreversible. So I agree that less is more. Thanksfor your help man.

Means it is a healthy seedling!!! No really the colotel(sp) leaves are going to turn yellow/brown and then fall off.

So much for trusting feminized seeds from sensibleseeds.com my big bud momma turned out to be a daddy and I'm out half a yield. If you have a for sure female my suggestion would be to clone clone clone. They tell you 99.9% female but chances are the hermaphrodite gene is passed down and you will be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom