Nutrients wands

800W-GROWER

Guys,im on my second nutrient wand and its effed up like the last one. The model is .UK RS-102. Is it me or are these wands that crap? Im off to buy a bluelab later for £80. ANYONE GOT SIMILAR EXPERIENCES, AND CAN MY OLD ONE BE RE-CALIBRATED?

You mean a pH meter? Yeah, you're supposed to calibrate them whenever they get out of calibration (and check to see whether or not it is in calibration regularly). Didn't yours come with instructions?

EDIT: Ah, okay. I just did a web-search for that one, it's a Nutra-Wand brand. Not much on the Internet other than eBay auction sales. (That's usually a bad sign, lol.) It appears that the thing cannot be recalibrated. Yuck! I hate disposable products. I suggest you get a Milwaukee Instruments, Bluelab, or other well-known brand. And to also get a separate pH and EC/PPM meter (but that's just me). Hanna makes them, too, although I've had bad luck with their cheaper products.

You mean a pH meter? Yeah, you're supposed to calibrate them whenever they get out of calibration (and check to see whether or not it is in calibration regularly). Didn't yours come with instructions?

EDIT: Ah, okay. I just did a web-search for that one, it's a Nutra-Wand brand. Not much on the Internet other than eBay auction sales. (That's usually a bad sign, lol.) It appears that the thing cannot be recalibrated. Yuck! I hate disposable products. I suggest you get a Milwaukee Instruments, Bluelab, or other well-known brand. And to also get a separate pH and EC/PPM meter (but that's just me). Hanna makes them, too, although I've had bad luck with their cheaper products.
Bought my bluelab E.C wand from local grow shop. 5 year guarantee. I test P.H using up and down and has worked marvelously without any issues.

For EC, in an emergency, you can use a digital volt/ohm meter. Requires some basic calculations. I forget how, exactly (been about 30 years since I bothered), but they can be found via a web-search.

Have you gotten a pH meter, too? I like the Milwaukee pH56, but there are lots of good ones.

Back
Top Bottom