Nutrients!

It’s definitely ok to run autos and photos in the same space but it comes down to timing. Most autos will go 8-10 weeks seed to harvest, so ideally you’d start your autos first and after 4 or 5 weeks or so start your photo seeds. That would give you about 4 -5 weeks veg time before the auto is close to finishing. You can flip to flower when the auto is done and run a sort of perpetual grow.

Also in the meantime while I was waiting on my seeds I started growing two seeds out my collection I would occasionally come across.... Always top notch smoke, which always made me wonder how they got there to begin with... Anyways here's a picture of each. One looks great, very healthy and from what I've read it looks like a indica. Correct me if I'm wrong.. but my question is about the other plant. It has "deformed" looking leaves to me... Is this a bad sign of anything? Also I was thinking I should wait until I can tell the sex of these two before I start my bank seeds. There going on 3 weeks old but had a very rough start outside for a week before my tent was set up but have done 1000x sense. Would it even okay to grow the autos at the same time as these as I'm assuming they are not.

dont worry about the deformed leaves. i used to worry about it, i dont anymore.
it usually is caused by too much nutes in my soil or cocopeat at the beginning for a seedling, but thats just me.
as the plant gets bigger it will straighten itself out because the plant will grow into needing the nutes.

It’s definitely ok to run autos and photos in the same space but it comes down to timing. Most autos will go 8-10 weeks seed to harvest, so ideally you’d start your autos first and after 4 or 5 weeks or so start your photo seeds. That would give you about 4 -5 weeks veg time before the auto is close to finishing. You can flip to flower when the auto is done and run a sort of perpetual grow.

depends on how much space you have and also depends on how tall each plant grows.
i wouldnt reccomend it personally. i have done it with two different strains that flowered at different times, yada yada, it will be a pain in the ass.

my opinion knowing what i know now is—

grow the same strains at the same time, or at least the same time flowering periods at the same time, but do whatever floats your boat

depends on how much space you have and also depends on how tall each plant grows.
i wouldnt reccomend it personally. i have done it with two different strains that flowered at different times, yada yada, it will be a pain in the ass.

grow the same strains at the same time, or at least the same time flowering periods at the same time, but do whatever floats your boat
I am growing six plants and three are Durban Poison. One of the three is at least 50% taller than the other two. The seeds all came in one package from seedsman.

@Virgin ground @TorturedSoul @Hdinkleman well the girls made there journey... Hope all goes well with the first indoor grow and these Blueberry domains come out great! I especially would like to thank y'all three for the great information and tips. As I will be posting updates and pictures throughout the process I won't mind any two cents thrown in the pot. As I'm absorbing information like some healthy roots do nutrients lol:Namaste: Here's a picture of the seeds... They even threw in a extra....!
It's My pleasure to help. Glad you got your seeds fast and safe.

...and suffer the consequences LOL!

Well here’s the 2x4 stealth tent. Let me know what you think. I got a AC infinity 4" Cloudline T series for ventilation I just installed with an Ipower carbon filter. I'm personally happy how everything came out for my first grow! Time to let the fun begin:hookah: My temps are right at 80

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
Well here’s the 2x4 stealth tent. Let me know what you think. I got a AC infinity 4" Cloudline T series for ventilation I just installed with an Ipower carbon filter. I'm personally happy how everything came out for my first grow! Time to let the fun begin:hookah: My temps are right at 80

just purchased a 2x4 tent myself, going to try to do two plants in it.

Can anyone tell me if my buds that are starting to form on my Blueberry auto are looking healthy or is there a deficiency here ??

Attachments

• IMG_20190713_130336.jpg
    IMG_20190713_130336.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20190713-195703.png
    Screenshot_20190713-195703.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20190713-195650.png
    Screenshot_20190713-195650.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20190713-195635.png
    Screenshot_20190713-195635.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20190713-195558.png
    Screenshot_20190713-195558.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20190708-181046.png
    Screenshot_20190708-181046.png
    594 KB · Views: 92
Still debating if I need more light too :nervous-guy:

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_184815.jpg
    IMG_20190707_184815.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20190627_162043.jpg
    IMG_20190627_162043.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20190713_130244.jpg
    IMG_20190713_130244.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 79
Can anyone tell me if my buds that are starting to form on my Blueberry auto are looking healthy or is there a deficiency here ??

Hey @NolaGrow ... to me, the buds look fine.

If you are using Fox Farm ... then you should be on about Week 5 of the feeding schedule right now and likely 700 -1000 ppm depending on what you are giving them.

If you are foliar feeding ... then stop in about 2 weeks. Open Sesame is NOT to be used in foliar feeding.

I am using Fox Farm nutes ... but supplementing with Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice, Sensizyne, and Great White Mycorrhizae. I am also planning on adding Carboload and Tarantula.

Basically I am adding back in the micro-life that the synthetic Fox Farm nutes are killing. That is why I am starting to like Advanced Nutrients more and more ... and will also start researching BioBizz ... and other organic nutes next.

You can read my journal to see how I'm dealing with photoperiods and autoflowers concurrently right now.

Hey @NolaGrow ... to me, the buds look fine.

If you are using Fox Farm ... then you should be on about Week 5 of the feeding schedule right now and likely 700 -1000 ppm depending on what you are giving them.

If you are foliar feeding ... then stop in about 2 weeks. Open Sesame is NOT to be used in foliar feeding.

I am using Fox Farm nutes ... but supplementing with Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice, Sensizyne, and Great White Mycorrhizae. I am also planning on adding Carboload and Tarantula.

Basically I am adding back in the micro-life that the synthetic Fox Farm nutes are killing. That is why I am starting to like Advanced Nutrients more and more ... and will also start researching BioBizz ... and other organic nutes next.

You can read my journal to see how I'm dealing with photoperiods and autoflowers concurrently right now.
Currently reading it now, definitely alot of good information. Could've fooled me being this is your first grow as well! I'm still trying to figure out exactly what synthetic nutrients like Fox farms do to soils and how to counter by using micronutrients. So much to learn! So far my plants all look great to me just starting to get nervous everything goes smoothly with flowering

Currently reading it now, definitely alot of good information. Could've fooled me being this is your first grow as well! I'm still trying to figure out exactly what synthetic nutrients like Fox farms do to soils and how to counter by using micronutrients. So much to learn! So far my plants all look great to me just starting to get nervous everything goes smoothly with flowering

This "synthetic nutes thing" all started for me on June 26, 2019 when I spoke to the owner of a huge garden gallery who has been growing all his life.

He blew my mind when he told me the Fox Farm nutes were harming the Fox Farm soil!

So I read a lot to figure out why!

You can read about some of my findings here: July 12, 2019 Update - Lessons Learned

Anyway ... I am liking Advanced Nutrients right now ... and I am using their root-boosting products to complement the Fox Farm Nutes.

Ultimately though, I want to go as organic as possible.

You're in good hands here ... just keep asking questions and seek out the well documented grow journals.

TTYL

This "synthetic nutes thing" all started for me on June 26, 2019 when I spoke to the owner of a huge garden gallery who has been growing all his life.

He blew my mind when he told me the Fox Farm nutes were harming the Fox Farm soil!

So I read a lot to figure out why!

You can read about some of my findings here: July 12, 2019 Update - Lessons Learned

Anyway ... I am liking Advanced Nutrients right now ... and I am using their root-boosting products to complement the Fox Farm Nutes.

Ultimately though, I want to go as organic as possible.

You're in good hands here ... just keep asking questions and seek out the well documented grow journals.

TTYL
I've learned alot reading your journal and I'm right there with you trying to go organic as possible. As i would imagine the buildup of salts will lead to harsher smoking bud, along with the nute lock , I know you said you're not going to do it but why were you going to mix the ffos & ffhf together? I'm ordering another Eco 120 light to daisy chain off the one I got now to get full coverage wall to wall. @SmokeSara is having problems getting on here so I was wondering if anyone knew if they still had that 10% discount code they had???

So just for the sake of OP

in soil when using bottled synthetic nutes your range is 6.0-7.0

during veg you stay on the low end
ideally during veg 6.2-6.3
during flower you run the higher range
ideally during flower 6.5-6.6

in a fully organic non chlorinated water soil grow you want

in the range of 6.0-7.0
but the caveat is that it doesnt really matter if your water is higher because the microbes in your soil will buffer and feed the plant. my well water i use on my outdoor plants comes straight out if the hose at 8.3 ph.
I have never phed water for my organic soil grow
but you cant have overly acidic water if you arent phing during full organic
most tap waters are going to be more neutral not acidic.
i dont think you could drink water that acidic so you wouldnt have it for plants. most tap is high ph not low
if its that low out of a well, you shouldnt drink or use it for plants i would think

for soilless
5.5-6.5
during veg 5.7-5.8
during flower 6.0-6.2

i havent had any leaf issues since i started watering my cocopeat at these ph’s

if you want i can find the article that explains the actual reasoning behind how a cannabis plant uses nutes in their medium and either makes the medium more acidic or more neutral during different parts of its life

cannabis plants make ph go up during veg, this is the reason you go on the low range of the mediums PH during veg.
during flower the medium becomes more acidic, the reason you go on the high end of ph during flower.

a medium is always going one way or another, the ph of the medium is constantly going one way or the other, so you feed on a lower or higher end so the plant takes in the nutes it needs while it goes up or down on the ph range.

not sure if that makes sense, but thats how it works for me. i would bet money it would work for you @SQl2kGuy

I've learned alot reading your journal and I'm right there with you trying to go organic as possible. As i would imagine the buildup of salts will lead to harsher smoking bud, along with the nute lock , I know you said you're not going to do it but why were you going to mix the ffos & ffhf together? I'm ordering another Eco 120 light to daisy chain off the one I got now to get full coverage wall to wall. @SmokeSara is having problems getting on here so I was wondering if anyone knew if they still had that 10% discount code they had???

Hey @NolaGrow ... I was doing research early on about the difference between FFOF and FFHF. I ran into an article where the person was saying FFOF was too hot for seedlings, so put some FFHF on top ... or cut the FFOF with FFHF. So I thought ... okay ... sounds like a plan.

Later on, I was talking to a hydroponic store owner and he looked at me cross eyed when I said I was going to cut FFOF.
He said ... only cut it to save money ... or if you want the mycorrhizae from FFHF because you can't afford AN Piranha or Great White mycorrhizae.

Seedlings will do well in FFOF. And I actually wound up supercharging them with Nitrogen in veg.

So at this moment in time ... I am planning on using 100% FFOF with extra perlite ... and gradually shifting over to the Advanced Nutrients lineup. I won't be using FFHF.

More light is good :)

Back
Top Bottom