Nutrition or wait - 13 days in

Champ69

Im 13 days into my grow started from seed they are booming have been using root growth up till now im asking if its to early to add total nutrition plant food i have read diffrent thing hoping someone with couple grows could help me out
Thanks

Re: Nutrition or wait 13 days in

Imagine it can vary on the soil (and the strain for that matter as some like/want more nutrients and some don't), but personally I wait 3-4 weeks before I add any nutrients to the water, depending on what the plants are telling me. And start with a light dose when you do as IMHO you can cause yourself more grief by giving them too much than them being slightly deficient (as not enough is easier to correct than too much).

Imagine it can vary on the soil (and the strain for that matter as some like/want more nutrients and some don't), but personally I wait 3-4 weeks before I add any nutrients to the water, depending on what the plants are telling me. And start with a light dose when you do as IMHO you can cause yourself more grief by giving them too much than them being slightly deficient (as not enough is easier to correct than too much).

Well said Dwight. My worst problems have always been caused by me. Another thing to note is to do the same when treating plants for one thing or another. I killed more plants then Powdery Milldew my first battle with it.

Well said Dwight. My worst problems have always been caused by me. Another thing to note is to do the same when treating plants for one thing or another. I killed more plants then Powdery Milldew my first battle with it.

Agreed. Keep it simple. The more you fertilize the more problems you can have with ph, salts, creating imbalances and nutrient uptake problems. Nothing like a plain old well-amended soil for vegging.

I have heard the same thing with Co2. Adding more Co2 gets the plants growing fast but that also means problems can hit faster and harder.
It Is a weed. In most cases with good soil some water and lots of light it will grow itself. Mine is only for me so production is not the main goal. I don't have to so their is no reason to push them to produce. Feed lightly with Guano and your good. There is a guano for everything. Keep multiple types on hand to meet your needs.

Im 13 days into my grow started from seed they are booming have been using root growth up till now im asking if its to early to add total nutrition plant food i have read diffrent thing hoping someone with couple grows could help me out
Thanks

What are you growing? What nutrients are you planning to use?

Back
Top Bottom