NYC Diesel Auto, Advanced Seeds & NL Auto, The Seedsman

thisismyfirsttime

hi everyone this is my very first grow im trying to smash it out as quick as possible on a 600 watt light on an 80x80x160 tent using hygen nutes in a coco coir mix. fingers crossed they go well i just put them in paper towel to finish the germination off yesterday so ill check today or tomorrow to get it started. im still working out how much to water, i know alot of places are saying different things so i would love to hear your experiences when it comes to growing and watering straight off the bat if you used nutes on your seedlings as my feeding chart says i should be using about 3 or if you just took tap water and adjusted the ph and gave them a little water with x amount of mls. i know alot of people will suggest distilled water and i know its better but it makes it a lot more expensive when your looking at an 18ltr or 5 gal pot size. thankyou for watching and ill update when i can, being christmas and all i hope i wont make the mistake of neglecting them a bit too long.

11\12\19 nyc diesel seed popped with 1 inch tail, will be planting probably tomorrow i was hoping the other would as well however the NL hasn't progressed as much as i would have liked so iv put another one down just in case nothing happens by tomorrow but we will wait and see. i bought an extra fabric pot just in case it does pop and i end up with 3 plants. fingers crossed, oh and i also bought a water filtration system for better control of my ph levels and to save costs over the entire grow.

Day one in the tent now. Sprayed with some water at 5.83 under a 600 watt light. The sprout was in the paper towel a bit too long as it's already got two tiny leaves but she's in Coco coir now. The NL is only just sprouting a tail and I give it one to two days before I plant her

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_145605.jpg
    IMG_20191212_145605.jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20191212_144328.jpg
    IMG_20191212_144328.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 152
Baby's got brown leaves already?? Only using tap water with pH down and up when it changes on its own after 2 days. The pH keeps jumping so I have to re adjust, not sure if it was because of the air bubbler I had in it

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_140318.jpg
    IMG_20191216_140318.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
Found it matey. She doesnt look bad mate . dont worry yet. as long as you dont over water her stem to allow her to harden as she emerges. Thise little rounded leaves are food for her when shebhas used up her feedstock from he seed life . They dont usually need Any feed at all until around 3rd-4th nodes are formed and even then it is only small amounts. companies make some serious money from nutes !!!. Any used gets re-bought. It is common for us to feed half the stated doses on nute feed schedules as they really dont need too much and it gets washed out as waste. There are a lot of bullshit claims for nutes , be careful as it is absolute salesmanship. Some companies break down complete feeds into smaller parts , add water and a few fancy graphics to a bottle and sell it back as a series for 3 times the amount. sadly there is no " steroids" route besides autos and training them to be productive.
The light is a little small but if heat is going to be an issue , adding more would need more heat extraction which is hard. I read up on the light and it does say it runs cool due to fans ect.. Can u extract directly from above the fans exit port maybe.?

on the ph issue. Just use fresh water each watering. no need to store it at this stage. Ph up and down have negatives tbh. We use them to balance the nutes really , the water ph is not really ever the true issue. it is wether the salts and ions can be separated at different ph ranges in the media for the plants roots to uptake it. If giving just water , there are no nutes to balance. No harm in ph to 5.8 as a practice for when you start needing them though but the up and down have a ppm value to consider too. in 10L , 2ml of down can drop it a lot , if you then add up to correct it , you are also adding to the mix of ppm in the water too. hope it makes sense

the carbon filter is litterally right behind it. im thinking of changing up to the 700 par as i now have 3 plants not the 2 i initially planned for
VIPARSPECTRA PAR700 Dimmable Series 700W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants for sale online | eBay
I do know they are a respected light maker too ut ibwould seriously consider the Mars Hydro lights. The rep here is bang on and not out to fleece or sell more than needed. Have look in the sponsors forum or go to their site too. They are killing it for value and productivity. chrimbo sale on too !! @SmokeSara is not pushy or anything like that and is a well respected community member now too. Ask her advice and she will sort you a perfect light for what you need mate. I think their new ts 600 or a ts1000 would have that room bowing the tent in no time. I know it sounds very "rep of mars" ish but I really cannot sing their praises enough mate. check the thread out to see what their lights can do at least. below in my sig under Mars discussion thread. lots of actual grow pics of the lights killing it and vids too. All from members here . Just a thought , sorry if feels a bit pushy.

Fresh tap water hits 7.8 pH for me. I have a TDs reader but it takes an unknown type of batteries, IV asked the manufacturer but no reply yet it just says button batteries and there's so many types. As for the lights, my mate says he's had no luck with them in our climate and that's why he suggested that one as he's using it and having no problems.

Thanks for tag me in @Ganjagrandaddy :circle-of-love: Hi @thisismyfirsttime for your space 80x80,our TSW 2000 would suit perfectly. Usually we recommend this light for 120x120 for veg and 90x90 for flowering, but 80x80 flowering area will be even better.You will love it. Also we do have stock in Austrilia, so shipping can be also very fast too. :D

Thanks Sara. far better knowledge of your light than me.lol :green_heart:

I run 2 of these light Thisis and I love them , very economical and no heat issues at all. no fans , no noise and fills my room with light.No purple either. hope it helps mate

My other one finally sprouted through overnight haha only a week behind but we will see how she goes I'm about 8 days in and looking beautiful!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_150412.jpg
    IMG_20191222_150412.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20191222_150409.jpg
    IMG_20191222_150409.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 134
My other one finally sprouted through overnight haha only a week behind but we will see how she goes I'm about 8 days in and looking beautiful!!
There you go mate. All it takes is a little faith.
This next stage is a little bit dull while you wait for them to get moving but they will e on it like a bonnet when they do. The extra time below ground will be root growing time as she headed for the light. All good stuff. Keep the waterings light and spiral outwards to encourage some lateral rooting too. All about the rootball and life below decks for this first week or so.

A tip , When you post pics , if you use the Insert all:Full image option then you pics will be posted full size too.

Attachments

• 20191221_160926.jpg
    20191221_160926.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
  • 20191221_160901.jpg
    20191221_160901.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
Heres my new light and the girls are blooming today. The new sprouting looked like she needed a drink her leaves were going a little yellow and the soil dried out quickly. Right now it's 30% red and 60% blue and white and I will adjust on . Thank you for the advice on uploading pics @Ganjagrandaddy. I'll update my photos as time goes on.
IMG_20191223_151903.jpg
IMG_20191223_151900.jpg
IMG_20191223_151854.jpg
IMG_20191223_151741.jpg
received_457653544942188.jpeg

Nice light and choice. Now comes the waiting again.lol Each time you water , you can begin to tease the roots towards the pot edges to encourage them to spread out with the spiral waterings. As your still using just water , there will be no build ups of nutrients not used to worry about and it will begin to dampen the pot for when mixes start. Coco wickes water too so any you put in will be wicked away fairly quickly if the medium is dry. For me , I dampen the whole lot and in particular the pots edges. with fabric pots being so good at allowing excess through the fabric , it is hard to overwater. A little and often still at the moment . It is difficult not to start adding feeds too early and so many people do it but there is a risk of too much and a build up of unused salts. The usual feedings begin around the 3-4th node time with low strength. that will be in about a week from now. Dont worry about starving them as they have stored supplies in the two little rounded leaves and will cannibalize them if she needs to.
Now its root time and there will be a lot going off below ground as she spreads the roots out.
looking good .

Nice light and choice. Now comes the waiting again.lol Each time you water , you can begin to tease the roots towards the pot edges to encourage them to spread out with the spiral waterings. As your still using just water , there will be no build ups of nutrients not used to worry about and it will begin to dampen the pot for when mixes start. Coco wickes water too so any you put in will be wicked away fairly quickly if the medium is dry. For me , I dampen the whole lot and in particular the pots edges. with fabric pots being so good at allowing excess through the fabric , it is hard to overwater. A little and often still at the moment . It is difficult not to start adding feeds too early and so many people do it but there is a risk of too much and a build up of unused salts. The usual feedings begin around the 3-4th node time with low strength. that will be in about a week from now. Dont worry about starving them as they have stored supplies in the two little rounded leaves and will cannibalize them if she needs to.
Now its root time and there will be a lot going off below ground as she spreads the roots out.
looking good .

Just water and pH down for now, I have an EC/TDs/ppm reader but I can't figure out what batteries or where they go in it. IV emailed the eBay company but no reply so I'm just going without ATM. That new sprouting has yellow on its leaves and just yesterday the Coco was moist but today it was dry so with the new light in there I'll check it every day to ensure it's good. The girls are loving the light they have really opened up and are reaching for the light. I'm not sure how I'll tell the node count with them being so small but I can already see the two round leaves + two weed leafs and another one just starting in the middle of each.

On a side note this new light raised the temp in the room by a few degrees and 3 degrees in the tent alone so IV rerouted the exhaust fan out of the room hoping that will help with ventilation. I don't want to start a fire whilst I'm out of the house due to heat but my thermometer reads 29 under the light but that's about 30cms down on the ground, the plants would be under more heat than that I assume. Problem with the light is it's so damn heavy it's hard to tie it up, I'll have to look at some steel chains or adjustable chains for it.

The top slides upwards with batteries inside a little carriage. the black top needs prying off if it's anything like the general ones around. will post a pic on journal.for you of mine and the top coming off for batteries. they also dont send batteries due to tight lithium restrictions on postal and tax for China. Will pic post asap. will read rest of message now too.l

Back
Top Bottom