NYC Diesel Grow

It all really depends on how much you are able to cool your lights. Generally, the cooler the lights the safer it is to move them closer. One of the tops of mine is less than ten inches from the light and it's definitely looking a tad bit stressed. It's an obviously lighter shade of green that borderlines yellow but she's a fighter so she's still pretty healthy. Link to my grow journey provided with pics.

I would experiment by moving it closer by 2" to 4" a day to see how your ladies respond to it. You should be able to notice when the light is becoming too much as she will begin to show signs of stress, but I wouldn't push it too far. Try a couple inches at a time, and if she likes it keep it there for a few days to see if she likes it. If she does, she'll reach for the light.

The most important piece of advice I have ever received was to take baby steps and to be patient unless it comes to sickness, then try to be as vigilant as possible and act quickly. Also, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. ;)

thanks merkabah for the answer! idk I'm really hoping I pull a few oz with these too. I'm trying to increase my yield but idk what else I could do

my guess would be 10 oz. dry! pretty wild guess but tough to get an educated guess without touching/ holding/ smelling/ fingering/ fondling the buds :) Best of luck and +reps for you! looking much better than your first grow! Keep up the great work! :Namaste:

thanks deege420! I visit your grows often and they look great evrytime. always learn something new. as for the yield I was wondering if there were anything I can do to help increase my yield. any tips or tricks in late flowering stages?

Flowering plants like very high P level foods, such as 5-50-17, but 10-20-10 should be adequate. Nutrients should be provided with each watering when first flowering. Trace elements are necessary too; try to find foods that include these, so you don't have to use a separate trace element food too. Home improvement centers sell trace element solutions rich in iron for lawn deficiencies, and these can be adapted for use in cultivating the herb. Prices for these mass produced fertilizers are significantly cheaper than the specialized hydroponic fertilizers sold in indoor gardening shops, and seem to work just fine.
Early flowering is noticed 1-2 weeks after turning back the lights to 12 hour days. Look for 2 white hairs emerging from a small bulbous area at every internode. This is the easiest way to verify females early on. You can not tell a male from a female by height, or bushiness. 3-6 weeks after turning back the lights, your plants will be covered with these white pistils emerging from every growtip on the plant. It will literally be covered with them. These are the mature flowers, as they continue to grow and cover the plant. Some plants will do this indefinitely until the lights are turned back yet again. At the point you feel your ready to see the existing flowers become ripe ( you feel the plant has enough flowers), turn the lights back to 8-10 hours. Now the plant will start to ripen quickly, and should be ready to harvest in 2-3 weeks. Look for the white hairs to turn red, orange or brown, and the false seed pods ( you did pull the males, right?) to swell with resins. When most of the pistils have turned color (~80%), the flowers are ripe to harvest. Don't touch those buds! Touch only the large fan leaves if you want to inspect the buds, as the THC will come off on your fingers and reduce the overall yield if mishandled.

Not sure how much this will help. Gathered some info from the FAQ. Hope it helps somewhat. To late for a scrog. or else I would say do that. Your best bet right now is to give it the correct nute with High P and molasses and let them swellllll! Don't cut too early either! you want some amber tricks before you cut! Ill let u decide how many ambers. But the more ambers= the more couch lock/ cannabanoids. hope I have helped somewhat. :Namaste:

Either way I would imagine you will be very happy with your yield :Namaste:

Flowering plants like very high P level foods, such as 5-50-17, but 10-20-10 should be adequate. Nutrients should be provided with each watering when first flowering. Trace elements are necessary too; try to find foods that include these, so you don't have to use a separate trace element food too. Home improvement centers sell trace element solutions rich in iron for lawn deficiencies, and these can be adapted for use in cultivating the herb. Prices for these mass produced fertilizers are significantly cheaper than the specialized hydroponic fertilizers sold in indoor gardening shops, and seem to work just fine.
Early flowering is noticed 1-2 weeks after turning back the lights to 12 hour days. Look for 2 white hairs emerging from a small bulbous area at every internode. This is the easiest way to verify females early on. You can not tell a male from a female by height, or bushiness. 3-6 weeks after turning back the lights, your plants will be covered with these white pistils emerging from every growtip on the plant. It will literally be covered with them. These are the mature flowers, as they continue to grow and cover the plant. Some plants will do this indefinitely until the lights are turned back yet again. At the point you feel your ready to see the existing flowers become ripe ( you feel the plant has enough flowers), turn the lights back to 8-10 hours. Now the plant will start to ripen quickly, and should be ready to harvest in 2-3 weeks. Look for the white hairs to turn red, orange or brown, and the false seed pods ( you did pull the males, right?) to swell with resins. When most of the pistils have turned color (~80%), the flowers are ripe to harvest. Don't touch those buds! Touch only the large fan leaves if you want to inspect the buds, as the THC will come off on your fingers and reduce the overall yield if mishandled.

Not sure how much this will help. Gathered some info from the FAQ. Hope it helps somewhat. To late for a scrog. or else I would say do that. Your best bet right now is to give it the correct nute with High P and molasses and let them swellllll! Don't cut too early either! you want some amber tricks before you cut! Ill let u decide how many ambers. But the more ambers= the more couch lock/ cannabanoids. hope I have helped somewhat. :Namaste:

Either way I would imagine you will be very happy with your yield :Namaste:

DUDE! thanks! I'm hoping the last 2 weeks the ripen and get really fat. I'm getting blackstrap molasses tray. I'm trying to figure out the dosage, any thoughts? also I'm posting a photo update soon so stay tuned!

hey guys quick question, I noticed one of my plants was way frostier and fatter overall then the other. they are both nycd. and I started them at the same time. so could that frostier one that looks older be anothe strain?

Well if nutes are consistent to both a pH range could be the difference. if you are measuring pH and they are around the same consistently, then I would more quickly assume a different pheno rather than different strain altogether. what do you think?

Well if nutes are consistent to both a pH range could be the difference. if you are measuring pH and they are around the same consistently, then I would more quickly assume a different pheno rather than different strain altogether. what do you think?

i agree. it seems to make a lot more sense. i haven't read up or come across any info on phenotypes. anyone with more info feel free to enlighten me.

also heres a quick pic update. sorry for the way the pics uploaded. they are roughly 5 and a half weeks flowering now

download13.jpg
download-7.jpg
download-6.jpg
download-5.jpg
download-42.jpg
download-32.jpg
download-22.jpg
download-12.jpg

what's everyone think yield was? since I have about 4 weeks left(nycd is a 10 week strain roughly) I have some swelling up to come. so any yield guesses??

1.5 oz

really? from both of them? im also starting a black strap molasses regiment tomorrow. I'm also will you mother of all blooms. I'm thinking 5-10 oz

Back
Top Bottom