O.G. Kush Organic Soil Grow

Update day 65 - day 25 of 12/12 flip.

So its getting a little smelly in the tent now, took some pictures from the vent to save the smell drifting out, never had such a pungent smell this early on, buds are developing great, i think they will be some size hopefully.

Now this is where things get strange :laughtwo: these might not actually be O.G. Kush after all, iv got a mass of seeds and for some reason the calculations arent adding up, iv got a funny feeling these are actually Northern Lights seeds by the number figures, i have no idea what they actually are until they start to ripen and tighten up, im hoping now for N/L as its perfect for my sleeping but either way im happy up to now!

Very little nitrogen if any is being fed to them which is better for me so i know when they start yellowing off they will be starting to finish, so another 35-45 days left, im going for the couch lock affect :).

Update day 68 - day 28 of 12/12 flip.

So there doing pretty good, i lifted the light a touch due to the heat but i have also installed this new AirBomz co2 Dispenser, in my honest opinion i think it may be helping a little, iv actually left the temps at 29c due to apparently needing to be high for it to work, trichome production is still doing great, unfortunately iv found bananas on one plant, not a lot but they are there, so a full clean down of the tent as well as a new filter cover for the next time i put plants in just in case there is any pollen flying about .

No idea why the light is flickering the camera all of a sudden but i did swap ballasts so thats maybe why.

Hello all!

Been a while since iv been on properly, was unable to complete my last journal due to ill health but im getting better and although i did say i was not going to grow next year the problem i have is not being able to sleep now without hearing a fan going in the night :p.

So we are back at it with 5 O.G. Kush seeds that are from the same mother plant, instead of coco this year im giving soil its chance as the past nearly 3 year iv been growing in coco and iv never been able to get the end product just exactly how i want it and i really think this is due to the nutrients i was putting in it, i know people have great results but even with a 2 week flush and minimum of 8-10 weeks curing time i got to the point where im blaming myself and me being in the situation im in the worst thing i can keep doing is going over things, so this grow will hopefully show me the way of better growing for me :).

I would like a few questions asked if people would be great full to do so and ill explain a little of what iv got and will be doing:).

So i will be growing 5 seeds in small 100-300ml pots for the first week in potting soil due to this is the only thing i can get my hands on, it says its potting soil but its an expandable pack so im actually thinking coco so this is why such a small pot as thursday next week i can get a bag of good soil, once i get my soil i will transplant them into a 2-3L pot until there a nice size then transplant them into there final 10-16L pots.

They will be grown in a 90x60x90 seedling tent under a 4 bar T5 set for 3-4 weeks then i may put a 400-600w above them undecided after my last electric bill was 4 figures long and 3 deep!

There final home will be in a 1x1m tent, its a small tent yes but im really not interested in growing for yield next year just absolute quality so LED may be involved but if i do go for LED i want something overpowered just incase forever in the future i decide to use the 4x4 instead.

Now my questions if anyone could help :).

Iv heard it can take up to 2 weeks longer for veg time and 1+ week for flowering is this true?

I was thinking of scrogging them but iv never had a great scrog grow before (either been un-even or not enough space filled) so my question would be, what would be the best option for me to go down as i hate putting any plant under any stress, there would be 5 in a 1x1m space giving them roughly around 40cm square canopy to each, the middle you can guess would mix in, i will also be pushing the tent walls out so my plants have extra room and my fan wont suck the walls.

Im a fan of getting huge root mass just before flip and iv had many great experiences with the likes of Great White & House And Garden Root Enhancer but theres no way im touching another non organic product to feed them, so is there anything out there i can give them or mix in with them for maximum growth before flip?

How often should i water, iv heard 1-3 days, do i also allow 20% run off, would this be right?

Should i mix my soil with some perlite or coco pebbles or is this not necessary for soil?

Iv heard people have better THC % when growing in soil rather to coco as well as under LED rather to HPS? is this true?

What should my PH be going in? also do i have to measure the PH going out?

Finally, id really love it if people could hang about and help me along the way, iv watched other peoples first soil grows go wrong and no one help them, if this happens to me my anxiety will be doing back flips :rofl: so even if my grow may not be the best in the world, please help :Namaste:.

I will update with pictures this week/next but other than that i hope to see a few people gather to show me the way of soil growing!

I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and make sure you all have fun!

Thanks everyone!
i know its probably a little late as i just started reading your post. the two plants i have going are one is in soil, and the other is in a coco/peat mix, called a soilles medium apparently, i guess its techinacally a hydro, but gonna continue reading this thread so i can see if im getting any problems that may or may not be similar, thanks buddy!

Just a little update :).

There now in there 1x1m tent home, setup with a 600w dimable ballast, 600mm 6" carbon filter, hooked up to a 6" tornado acoustic extractor.

Lights are set too 250w with a MH bulb running, light is around 80cm away from top of plants, temps are at 22-24c 50% HM which is absolutely perfect for me!

Im going to let these bed in nicely to there new soil then start topping, think im going to get 3 tomato training rings to start tying new growth too.

So what do people think?

Been reading a lot about introducing light to your plants where as before i sometimes put 2 week old seedlings under as much as 600w of hps, so now there on 250w, i think i will slowly increase to 400w in around about a week or 2, then when iv finished topping i will increase to 600w.

Iv gave them some water again as they were dry today, gave them 5ml Fish Mix & 2.5ml of Budwiser to help with calcium as i think im starting to get early signs, im that used to watering coco but i will learn.

I really like these size tents as you can be surprised at what you can produce in them, but my main goal is at least 10oz, i know its a lot for my first time in soil but im pretty hopeful (only positive vibes this year), so say 4oz from the 20L pot and 3oz each from the 11L pots, who knows, the hps might just add a lot more weight.

So my end result on all 3 is this, i know the picture isnt the best, so top every branch twice, except leave the top 2 main branches 1st node and top at the 2nd, this will create 24 main stems, at the moment they look like there all on track with an even canopy.

24 Main stems all at the same canopy height with 6-10" colas, but this is where i need help, iv trimmed plants and trained them but when it came to colas they were only ever around 3-4" tall then node sets down with 2 buds each side, how do i create tall colas, should i lower the light when im nearly ready to flip so it keeps inner node stacking a lot closer?

higher kelvin light will promote a tighter stack during flowering

Think i may well be, my leaves never wilt like over watering though even on a morning there always pointing up.
hey im only 3 pages into your journal but couple things crossed my mind.
in soil you want 6.5, or at least thats what i am pretty certain is what you want, its the optimum ph for calmag i take i believe
also you definitely want a good wet dry cycle in soil. i wait until it is dry as heck and the pot is very light until watering again, you really want the roots to search for water.
if you are growing in a coco/peat medium, which is hydro, not soil, the range is 5.5-6.5 not 6.0-7.0 like soil, and also you DONT WANT IT TO FULLY DRY, soilless medium is just growing in coco, except THE PEAT HOLDS WATER FOR A COUPLE DAYS, so you dont need to water every 24-30hours like coco. you do not want the coco to dry out.

sorry about all the posts, did you end up having to jse more calmag than normal? also you are growing in coco correct? from the original post i dont recall whether you eneded up getting actual soil, the potting mix sounds like its actually coco/peat mix which is the coco soilless blend type stuff i am also using, which is hydroponic.
i am using canna terra pro plus, it confused the hell out of me for a while before i kind of got the hang of it, its coco and i think i am having a calcium andor magnesium defiency in it also, so was curious how you got your plants to be so nice while using the same type of medium.
i am also hoping my t5s with the uv light will give me a tighter node stack on my plants during flowering

Hello bud, no need to say sorry :).

There in BioBizz All Mix soil, i was growing in coco before hand watering 3 times a day getting fairly good results but switching to soil and being under the 600w hps im getting around the same results if not better and watering once every 3-5 days.

Ph i ended up bring down to 6.3-6.5 as with this being the first time in soil i was so confused, when i ran coco i dumped all of my nutes in and everytime i came out with 5.8 so never no need for adjustment.

I always get tight bud stacking, sometimes its a bit of a nightmare due to some of the strains i grow i get rock hard dense nugs that where if the HM is slightly off it can be scary for bud rot.

This is the smallest tent iv got now, iv went from growing in 4x8's under 3x600w hps lights to the 1x1m, my goal on the next run iv got with the new Royal Queen Seeds line up is to hopefully pull 20oz from 4 in this space, which i think is easily doable but my tent walls are going to be have to be pushed out instead of in from the extractor.

If your wanting to pull lb plants if im honest mate just scrap the led systems ect, my $70 system has been working for me nearly 3 years, $20 bulb every now and then, works magic for me, my minimum yield from a 4x4 is 20.3, thats 4 untrained plants, my highest iv hit is just under 32oz but i was running 3 x 600's my total was 64oz, so 32 a side in the 4x8.

Update day 76 - day 36 of 12/12 flip.

There coming along very nicely now, think there now starting to fatten up, i would say they have a good 4 weeks minimum left, they have been getting fed a little Plagron Green Sensation but there next watering is strictly Top Max & Molasses till 2 weeks time then only molasses for the remaining 2 weeks till harvest :).

Update day 83 - day 43 of 12/12 flip.

Looking good up to now, iv fed them with a big spoon full of molasses to 6L with 0.5ml of budwiser, that i wont be feeding with next time, yellowing off very nicely with shades of purple, these arent the best photos but the smell is that strong it stinks the house out :laughtwo: plan to chop in 11 days time.

2 Plants harvested, 1 still a few days away from being harvested, really sticky and the smell of a really strong orange/citrus and another fruit which i cant quite put my finger on, plenty of trim to make into edibles :).

All 3 plants are down and drying, i would of liked an extra few weeks but home improvements have put a stop to it plus i could have moved them to my new shed grow but then i spotted a few pollen sacks on them so that was for sure a no go!

I have tried a tester last night, very grey white ash, its incredible on how clean it is, buds are quite sticky, smoke report from all of this without a cure was great, it was the best tasting bud iv tasted in all of my growing, no couch lock effect, a little motivated but sleepy after a few hours, it really makes you have the munchies, so id say a good 8 out of 10 up to now, with a 4-8 week cure i would say this bud will be a 10/10.

I will weight up just before i jar them and let you all know the outcome.

Is it me but when you finish a grow journal you feel a little empty inside :(.

although i did say i was not going to grow next year the problem i have is not being able to sleep now without hearing a fan going in the night :p.

:D I might have same problem when I stop I have 2x 30cm fan 50cm from my head when Im sleeping :D Got use to it pretty fast

I was the same haha trying to sleep in pure silence makes me think to much to them not sleep haha.

After my current plants in going to try become a perpetual small grower in mini tent to hear the sound lol.

@Teddy Edwards you can put this journal into completed if you can bud :).

Back
Top Bottom