O.G. Kush Organic Soil Grow

Update day 44 from seed - day 5 from 12/12 flip.

Theres a little stretch happening, not much but no idea if this is a soil thing making them grow slower.

Quick question about soil grown, do i have to leave my soil until its really dry to where you can see it dry? been watering to where the first 2-3" are semi dry/light damp.

Im classing the first day of flower once i see the first white hair, up to now, nothing so i can hardily class this week as its first week of flower.

I am getting some very mixed signals from these 2 big plants, iv seen 1 plant with 2 white hairs turned brown and on the other branch what looks like a ball and not a calyx and the other plant all i can see is a small ball on 3-4 branches, not happy to say the least if i must say.

The whole point of getting the pot to dry is to make the roots work at the edges and bottom. Sounds like you are overwatering.

Day 7 of 12/12

Only found 1 set of pistols and they have browned off, no idea whats up with them this time around but time will tell i suppose.

Not so much stretch, my medium is still wet from days ago so i think another 3-5 days till there bone dry.

That happens. Usually when the humidity goes up. How do you know when they are dry? I’ve always been a believer in picking them up.

Iv actually had a humidifier in there but it then drops to 40% when its off, probably be fine as og/k apparently like the lower hm.

Yeah iv picked them up and there quite heavy still, the fabric pot seems to be drying out faster though.

Iv got the temps at 25-27c to see if that will help them drink more :).

Your not going to kill them by letting them fully dry out. I know it takes more patience and time, but its worth it. My experience is that they slow down and speed up a couple of times in flowering. You're at the beginning. When the buds show up in about a week, and again in another month things speed up.

Doesn't look like they are stretching? Do you know what the typical stretch for you seeds are?

I will let them fully dry out then maybe try again, maybe because there small plants but in a larger pot.

Yeah i grew them the last round on the multiple strains grow, the first week the stretched 6", at first thought they took a sativa root but 18"-24" in 3 weeks was great, same pots and same size plant when flipped, greatest thing was the stems grew just as thick to take support them.

These at the moment maybe have stretched 1-2" at most, im going to try that soil your using for my new plants, as you said its like growing in coco too with that terra.

Im also thinking of trying to make a DIY DWC from some wilma systems iv got too.

Nice man, let them dry and remember the weight of the pot and water them less, they don't really need damp soil that much. Keep up the good work.

Update day 51 from seed - day 10 of 12/12 flip.

Not much action going on with many white hairs, iv trimmed and lolly popped them so now they can grow until i chop them without having to trim them at week 3 ect.

My cool hood is 19" away from top of canopy to glass, think i should lower it as they loose spectrum apparently?

They arent drinking much neither, was allowing them to dry off but i ended up giving them a feed yesterday of TopMax & Plagron Green Sensation, i will more than likely have to wait 5-7 days before they will be even some what dry, either way im using my dehumidifier to give me my water as its 0ppm.

Looking forward to seeing what the taste outcome is like from these now there in soil, plan to use molasses from week 3 and maybe add a little bit of brown cane sugar :).

So here they are, 1 LST trained and another that was mainlined, both have around 12 main stems which is perfect for this grow space.

Update day 56 - day 16 of 12/12 flip.

So there coming along very nicely, little on the small side but thats fine as long as there healthy is all that matters.

Bud development is coming, they only really started to show there true signs of flower till around the 8-10th day of 12/12 flip, they look very yellow but thats just the camera or the light there a nice shade of green.

Iv been feeding them with a 2-3ml of TopMax and 1ml of Plagron (yes i know its not organic but once or twice is fine :p) apart for the Plagron i will be also adding the Plant Magic organic pk i think is 3/4.

Looking lovely, I don't use any flower enhancers, so I cannot help you with that. Sry mate.

I have just been giving them a little BioBizz Top Max & Plagron Green Sensation, i plan to feed them that untill the 5-6th week then just plain water till they finish off :).

They have only been showing there sex since around the 10th so really there only 14 days into flower at the moment :D.

So im feeding again tomorrow and hoping to lower temps to around 20c when lights are on :).

Trichome production is doing great and so is the start of the bud structure from the pre flowers, im planning on feeding them Molasses, BioBiz Top-Max, Plagron Green Sensation & a touch of Mother Pukka Budwiser :).

Is it Brown Cane Sugar that enhances trichome production? i used it before but cant remember the outcome.

There happy and healthy, the soil is great for not having to add any Nitrogen, by the end of week 5-6 i think they will be wanting some but im leaving them to hopefully yellow off until harvest :).

Update day 63 - day 23 of 12/12 flip.

There bud structure is coming along nicely, funny thing about this grow is im getting the same results (visually) as i would in coco, so maybe soil maybe my new medium for growing in the long run.

I have taken a clone from one of them, im thinking of running a bubbler pot but very undecided on what to do, i plan to keep her in there for another week to create a mass of roots, i am going to change the water out of the cloner either today or tomorrow and put some fresh water in as well as some Canna Aqua A&B, i would need some help with doing it though as iv never ran DWC before.

In the last picture you can see i placed a sheet of aluminium on my cool hood deflecting the light and i genuinely think its worked well so im thinking of creating a full aluminium sleeve to fit in the tent as the walls of the tent arent so reflective, if anything at all actually, but with it being a cold reflective metal im wondering if it will keep the heat down too as im running a few purple genetic strains this year.

Back
Top Bottom