O.G. Kush went to seed!

Cowpert909

Have my flower room going and I noticed my O.G. Kush clone's buds were really heavy. Upon further inspection. I noticed a seed. Then later another. A big fat one.
It then occurred to me that it had seeded so, I pulled it and it is hanging in my closet. It was 40 days into flower.
Now, why did it seed? Well, one theory I have is, it is a clone from a feminized plant from my disastrous first grow.
I just bought a light set, threw some feminized seeds in a pot with some O.K. soil, used hydro nutrients instead of soul nutrients and they stayed small for months.
At 5 months old I had light burned them and had used crappy soil in a plastic pot.
Most just died when I went to flower.
The ones that survived budded and gave me a small return.
This was one of the O.G. Kush clones that I cut before they went into flower.
On my next grow, I used all FF soil, nutrients and cloth pots.
Well everything has exploded since then. My clones have become huge and my new seedings have so big, I have had to start flowering them both after two months into veg. Too big!
Was it the stress that caused this one plant to seed?
Was it because the original plant vegged for so long?
100_26354.jpg

Will it pollinate my other plants?
I haven't dried her to see the extent of the seeds.
Any comments? Thanks!

Have my flower room going and I noticed my O.G. Kush clone's buds were really heavy. Upon further inspection. I noticed a seed. Then later another. A big fat one.
It then occurred to me that it had seeded so, I pulled it and it is hanging in my closet. It was 40 days into flower.
Now, why did it seed? Well, one theory I have is, it is a clone from a feminized plant from my disastrous first grow.
I just bought a light set, threw some feminized seeds in a pot with some O.K. soil, used hydro nutrients instead of soul nutrients and they stayed small for months.
At 5 months old I had light burned them and had used crappy soil in a plastic pot.
Most just died when I went to flower.
The ones that survived budded and gave me a small return.
This was one of the O.G. Kush clones that I cut before they went into flower.
On my next grow, I used all FF soil, nutrients and cloth pots.
Well everything has exploded since then. My clones have become huge and my new seedings have so big, I have had to start flowering them both after two months into veg. Too big!
Was it the stress that caused this one plant to seed?
Was it because the original plant vegged for so long?
100_26354.jpg

Will it pollinate my other plants?
I haven't dried her to see the extent of the seeds.
Any comments? Thanks!
It hermied from stress. It shouldn't pollinate you other plants

It hermied from stress. It shouldn't pollinate you other plants
I think I figured out what happened. One of my plants almost died and I tried to save it. In doing so, it went from 1 week flower back into veg.
After it vegged for a month or two. I was running out of room so I threw her in the flower room.
Starting to flower she looked funny and I almost tossed her but I didn't see any pollen sacs.
I think she herrmied out with the stress and pollinated my other plants.
I pulled three out with seeds and there is one more I need to check.
The others are only a few weeks into flower so, I will clean my flower room and spray them with water to kill any residual pollen.
In any case I know what to do if I want feminized seeds.
A blessing in disguise. I have a bunch of feminized O.G. Kush seeds.

I think I figured out what happened. One of my plants almost died and I tried to save it. In doing so, it went from 1 week flower back into veg.
After it vegged for a month or two. I was running out of room so I threw her in the flower room.
Starting to flower she looked funny and I almost tossed her but I didn't see any pollen sacs.
I think she herrmied out with the stress and pollinated my other plants.
I pulled three out with seeds and there is one more I need to check.
The others are only a few weeks into flower so, I will clean my flower room and spray them with water to kill any residual pollen.
In any case I know what to do if I want feminized seeds.
A blessing in disguise. I have a bunch of feminized O.G. Kush seeds.
That's a great plan we can never be too careful lol. And I love the positive attitute as well. You will now have a few more seeds to grow .

Back
Top Bottom