O2 emitters

wilson2

hi I have been looking at o2 emitters on you tube. By running a current between an anode and a cathode, the claim is they seperate the o2 from the hydrogen, increasing the amout of o2 in the water. In one of the videos they recommend using a declorinator as any salts also get broken down and chlorine is the by product. The process seems a great way to oxygenate the water as stones constantly block up. However if the process is also stripping the salts and making them toxic to the plants you are kind of defeating the purpose. I would like to know if anyone growing dwc uses them? or if they effect the grow? I thought they maybe good for the top up water and this way shouldnt effect the salts in the grow nutrients. wilson

Heres my thought on water oxygenation in dwc. The most important aspect of dissolved oxygen is water temp. I would focus on a chiller before o2 emitters. If you already have one then go for it but the maximum dissolved o2 count is dependent on temp.
That being said, I am not at all familiar with o2 emitters, so I can't recommend for or against them, I just know alot of people focus on ways to get o2 to the water but the only way to keep it there is temps so to me it's the most important aspect.

thanks tyson I have a chiller, I recently tried bubble tubing similar to the undercurrent hydro setup off ebay within 2 weeks there was bugger all coming out of it, my airstones give me about 6weeks before needing replacement I was hoping these emitters would reduce the need of constantly monitoring and changing stones

thanks turbo bucket I have introduced one on the chiller return, im hoping this will help. Over the years I have found my yields corresponded to me putting as much air as I could into the system. So I just figured why not optimise. My 150 lt system is fed by 2 60lt/hr air pumps running 15 stones throughout the system which is perfect at the start of the grow but with clogged stones, air pump failures etc I figure the more going in from different sources the less likely the grow is to fail.

I do not use DWC but I have used 02 emitters every week for the past almost 4 years.
They work excellent, no noise, do not heat up the water at all as far as I can tell so wouldn't need a chiller and they put quite a bit more dissolved oxygen into the water than bubblers.

I use them to aerate my water and tea.
I just add my Yucca or whatever into RO water and aerate for about 30 minutes which puts more dissolved oxygen into that few gallons than if I bubbled it for 24 hours.
I try to get as much oxygen to my roots as possible.

Back
Top Bottom