OAP's 'Surprise' At Cannabis Haul

ShadyLady

A great-grandmother who thought she had uncovered a garden centre burglary was shocked to be told the 45 plants found near her Cardiff home were cannabis.

Christine Leaver, 76, called police when she spotted the plants, which she thought had been stolen and dumped.

But a neighbour told her the dozens of plant pots actually contained the class C crop, and called police again.

Police later searched a house and found more than 200 cannabis plants inside. A man has been arrested.

Mrs Leaver, who has seven grandchildren and a great-grandaughter, said she had never seen cannabis plants before and was shocked when she found out what they were.

"I'm very pleased the police have found out what was going on," she said.

Officers found more than 200 cannabis plants at a nearby house

"It's just a surprise to have this happening on your doorstep."

The former laundry worker, who has lived in her house in Grangetown for more than 60 years, said: "You live here all these years and then this happens.

"I've grown plants myself, things like roses, but I didn't have a clue what this was. I couldn't tell one plant from another."

It is thought the house searched by South Wales Police in the Grangetown area of Cardiff, had been vacant for a month before the drugs factory was discovered on Monday.

A South Wales Police spokeswoman said one man had been arrested at the scene on suspicion of conspiracy to supply drugs.

NEWSHAWK: Shadylady 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
SOURCE: BBC News
COPYRIGHT: BBC News
WEBSITE: BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | OAP's 'surprise' at cannabis haul

Back
Top Bottom