Obama is against Marijuanna ...

radman32

Through all the signs of hope and change, Obama has decided to destroy ours. He promised to change those laws, but reutters in this video given below that HE DOESN'T SUPPORT MARIJUANNA REFORM.

YouTube - Obama's Marijuana Mistake Followed By Harvard Professor & Ron Paul 3/26/2009

Great presidential choice right? The american people need to get back up and attack this issue. America is subject to horrific changes in the future. But i'm glad the majority of us know how to make revolutionary action. The big corps that raise these presidential canditates are at risk because of our ability to break away from them and become independent.

He promised to change those laws
ok, i'm gettin' old and my memory is sometimes fuzzy around the edges, but i don't recall any promises about changing Marijuana laws. i do recall him saying that he would stop the dispensary raids (still wait and see) and harrasment of patients. if i'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

He never said he would change marijuana laws. If he had I personally don't think he would have been elected.

theres more "hope" with him as a president for marijuana reform although no promises were ever made on the issue. i still believe things will be looking up very soon. he just became president. dont expect sudden huge changes over night. give it a chance.

Obama was addressed the question about marijuanna reform laws when he was campaining on the road through Oregon, and i'm sure he was saying he wanted to see change. So, yea he says it there ... He later readresses the issue and says he wants to protect the dispensaries that aren't breakin the law ... and now he says that marijuanna isn't apart of his economic reform(yesterday) ... but there aren't any concrete and structured solutions formulated from the Obama Administration.

O is just another corporate whore tho certainly less than the Bush/Cheney crime syndicate. What a pity Ron Paul isn't president but he just doesn't have enough "bling" for simple minded personality fetishist Americans.

this guy is talking about the same situation i am. Ron Paul is an amazing congress men, he has all the same political views as mine thus far, he's a highly educated man, and he goes about his business in the right manor, but it's a shame that the main stream media doesn't follow him as much as i'd like. If he could speak to every american about his plan, then i think america would see a true canidate.

Another sad thing i see in america is that a lot of people get caught up in a bunch of lies, misinformation, or don't see the real truth.

Hold on now. Obama never promised change of the legislation regarding marijuana in general as the original poster said.

While Obama might not come out and say "Yeah lets legalize, dude!!!" He still has shown support for legalization for medical use.

These kind of things don't happen overnight.

He said just enough during the election process to make potheads think that he was going to change the drug war. Of course now we see that this was just a ploy to get the potheads to unit and vote for him.
If you want true MJ change Ron Paul is the only candidate that has come out and unequivocably has stated he's against the drug war. But his presidency would come a at a high cost for liberals. He's a libertarian, like myself and we believe that to sit the constitution straight we need a massive cleanup of the federal government. It means the only federal government programs that can legally exist is the military and foreign affairs. Everything else constitutionally is supposed to be done by the seperate states.

well if it's illegal coz it's dangerous , then hammers should be illegal, cars, they are dangerous and can kill.

bergdawg said:
"I am not a crook.":allgood:

You know, it's funny. Your sig made me realize that the last two to hold the highest office in this land that I felt were even a minuscule amount of honesty in their campaigning and their dealings were Carter and... Nixon (go figure). Which brings me to my point:

radman32 said:
Obama was addressed the question about marijuanna reform laws when he was campaining on the road through Oregon, and i'm sure he was saying he wanted to see change.

He said just enough during the election process to make potheads think that he was going to change the drug war. Of course now we see that this was just a ploy to get the potheads to unit and vote for him.

Just like he also said that he believed retired law-enforcement officers should have the right to carry concealed firearms for their protection - during a campaign speech/rally in front of an organization of current/retired law-enforcement officers. And yet we all (should) know his history of voting - and interviews - where gun-rights issues are concerned.

Many who have sat in the office that he holds have been known to exaggerate, bend the truth, whathaveyou when campaigning and then conveniently forget the majority of it after the election.

He just has seemed to be making a religion out of the process IMHO.

Back when the whole "internet for more than just the geeks" thing took off I had hopes that it would be the medium of a real viable candidate for change in this country, someone who would actually work to right the entire process that has gone so wrong that the founding fathers would not recognize this country... And a congressional body who felt the same so that they could all work together FOR the country that employs them instead of trading favors in their greed (there are many forms of it, greed for money, for power, for recognition, etc) and for bowing and scraping to the many & varied lobbyists for the same reason.

I also had hopes for a population that truly was educated to the best of its ability - NOT propagandized.

Those hopes are all gone now. The bulk of the population in this country is even too apathetic to make up a halfway-decent revolution and as long as they get their six-packs, their television, their big macs - and can make the minimum monthly payments (or not) on same I believe it will never change. It would take a coup to substantially change things (for the better). Unfortunately, when that day comes, the impetus behind it and the people involved in it will not come from this nation at all and they will not have our interests at heart.

I mourn.

Back
Top Bottom