Obama moves to tax tobacco to pay for KIDS HEALTH INS

tintala

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
Tobacco taxes are soaring to finance a major expansion of health insurance for children. President Barack Obama signed that health initiative soon after taking office.

This would show that taxing and regulating cannabis would make $$ as well. If Obama is increasing taxes on tobacco finance the expansion of health ins for children, hmmmm so taxes do work!

these aint the excact #s but the flyer at my tobacco store says tax on 1lb roll-your-own bag will go from $1.07 to $24.65 overnight

and its not just tobacco but all the related products get big tax too

just wait and see what a pack of rollin papers be

wonder what the tax on a pound of good weed would be?

i think it is rediculs cig have gone from four dollers and ten cents where i am from to five dollers and fourty cents in less then a week i work every day and have no health care and i pay the damn taxes on the cigs health care for me at age nineteen is five hundred dollers a month how about we try not rebulding a country that has nothing to do with us and save money that way or not imprisoning people fro possising a beutiful plant called mj that could save money to this generation sucks and i am ashamed to live in it

I am very anti-tobacco, but I am also generally anti-tax. I think Obama's economically reactive and that he reflexively believes in higher taxes. In this case I think it will lead to drastically lowered revenues because of the drop in demand that should inevitably occur

Someone ought to open a book and teach Obama how the laffer curve works

I begrudgingly support taxing Marijuana because I see it as the quickest path to government acceptance. The irony, we'll get the government hooked on the money generated from the sale of a substantially non-addictive substance.

Makes me have to quote Reagan on the function of government:

If it moves: Tax it
If it keeps moving: Regulate it
If it stops moving: Subsidize it

^^
And I mean that with all due sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom