Obama's Marijuana Fail

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
April 20, President Barack Obama made an appearance in Northern California on the most marijuana-friendly day of the year, 4/20. That same day, cannabis-patient-advocacy group Americans for Safe Access delivered Obama's marijuana report card. And, no, the president didn't smoke it.

He earned an F.

"The report card highlights broken promises, half-measures, and a general failure by the Obama Administration to address medical marijuana as a national public health issue," read the report by ASA. Specifically, ASA cited a 2009 Department of Justice memo, which urged federal prosecutors to deprioritize enforcement efforts in medical-marijuana-friendly states-but that "100 aggressive, SWAT-style raids on patients, growers, dispensaries and laboratories in California, Colorado, Michigan, Montana and Nevada" have occurred since that very '09 memo.

Still, this week, Obama has a chance at redemption: Next Monday, May 2, Dr. Mollie Fry and her husband, Dale Schafer, will turn themselves in at downtown's federal courthouse to serve five years for growing medical marijuana at their home in Cool.

The couple was not allowed to invoke Proposition 215 or California's medical-cannabis laws during their trial.

Fry and Schafer, who leave behind five children and two grandchildren, are petitioning Obama for clemency, asking that their sentence be commuted.

The couple was arrested seven days after the 9/11 attacks.

ObamaonMedicalMarijuana.jpg

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Sacramento News & Review (CA)
Copyright: 2011 Chico Community Publishing, Inc.
Details: MapInc
Author: Nick Miller

The republicans only act like they don't him in public behind closed doors their ecstatic he's been their best weapon against the people what more could they ask for.

Last Wednesday, April 20, President Barack Obama made an appearance in Northern California on the most marijuana-friendly day of the year, 4/20. That same day, cannabis-patient-advocacy group Americans for Safe Access delivered Obama's marijuana report card. And, no, the president didn't smoke it.

He earned an F.

"The report card highlights broken promises, half-measures, and a general failure by the Obama Administration to address medical marijuana as a national public health issue," read the report by ASA. Specifically, ASA cited a 2009 Department of Justice memo, which urged federal prosecutors to deprioritize enforcement efforts in medical-marijuana-friendly states-but that "100 aggressive, SWAT-style raids on patients, growers, dispensaries and laboratories in California, Colorado, Michigan, Montana and Nevada" have occurred since that very '09 memo.

Still, this week, Obama has a chance at redemption: Next Monday, May 2, Dr. Mollie Fry and her husband, Dale Schafer, will turn themselves in at downtown's federal courthouse to serve five years for growing medical marijuana at their home in Cool.

The couple was not allowed to invoke Proposition 215 or California's medical-cannabis laws during their trial.

Fry and Schafer, who leave behind five children and two grandchildren, are petitioning Obama for clemency, asking that their sentence be commuted.

The couple was arrested seven days after the 9/11 attacks.

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Sacramento News & Review (CA)
Copyright: 2011 Chico Community Publishing, Inc.
Details: MapInc
Author: Nick Miller

Obama will never change, he's a member of "the group", anybody who's been in congress, over the last 70 odd years who reap all the benefits of the unjust immoral laws that they put into power. If the public did the research, how many ex-congressmen and women died poor? I don't think there would be very many at all, and I think most of them would have come earlier in the time frame. It's all based on greed, which sucks for our farmers and us in general, shit would be much cheaper now and the environment would be so much better. The Emperor wears no clothes, by Jack Herer, should be required reading in every single classroom in the country. We as a people need to stand up to the type of crap that went on during Henry Anslingers testimony to congress, which is a matter of public record now, and call the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 what it is, a lie founded on the greed of a few individuals with a couple of high placed friends and the help of a bigoted newspaper editor who stood to lose a fortune if hemp was allowed to be made into paper. There are parts in there where you just want to cry, or kill somebody!!! It's crazy that some sonofabitch can stand in front of congress and quote lies out of newspapers and get away with it!!! What the hell, America, I for one am SICK OF IT!!!!! WE SHOULD BE MARCHING IN THE STREETS BECAUSE OF IT NOT SITTING ON OUR ASSES DOING NOTHING AND JUST LETTING IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

If he doesn't pardon them BEFORE they step one foot in that prison he is the sorriest human being on the face of the planet. President Obama, on the off chance that this just might get your attention, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS, BRO!!!! You keep saying it's worthy of discussion, but then you run from the discussion!!! WTF BRO!!! Be a man and admit the Govertment has been wrong, dude!! EVERYBODY KNOWS IT!! AND WHEN THE PUBLIC FINDS OUT ABOUT WHAT ANSLINGER DID IN TESTIMONY, DONT YOU THINK SOME FOLKS ARE GOING TO GET A LITTLE MORE PISSED THAN THEY ALREADY ARE? C'MON MAN!!

(LMAO, LIKE HE'LL READ THIS!!!)

I had given up on any hope of change when it came to politicians on the national level. But there is something in me that causes me to cling to hope. I love this land. I'm not a nationalist, I'm an earthling, but its the part of our planet where I find myself living and its the part of our planet that I really have any chance to effect. When Obama came along and promised us change, and he seemingly was so different than what we'd been offered since Bobby Kennedy I let the hope of change come back to life within me. I still think Bobby was for real and the world would be a much different and better place had he lived. Anyway, Obama has turned out to be no different than the rest. I guess there's a slim chance that if re-elected he might deliver but I doubt it. I think that I give up on politics on the national level, but there is still that hope that seems to be part of my DNA so I can't say beyond a shadow of doubt that it won't rise up in me again.

I think they are having trouble just trying to explain MMJ since they were sure that was schedule 1 would be enough to quell the opposition. Then they let out marinol and people started to wonder. It wasn't the best then Sativex in Europe and Canada liquid Cannabis and now the dea is willing to admit maybe their is some value they approve 3 more compounds. Soon they will be looking for scapegoats nixion,reagan (just say no) their died they can use them to blame it on because the public is going to wonder why did we spend all money and not just america the world.:peace:

Big, big money doesn't like change, unless it's the rich man's desire.
We americans all cling to the flattery that we, individually have a say about our societies' conditions. We vote, don't we? Isn't that enough? No, sir.
As we are all subjected to psychological manipulation for commercial sales through advertising, we are mind-controlled by the big lie principle. Nobody wants a weak leader, and strong leaders don't bring bad news. What's left? Lies!

The office of the President of the United States is not as influencial nor as 'powerful' as many or most people think. President Obama probably spoke truely when he admitted that he didn't have enough "political capital" to spend unsuccessfully(sharp advice), on the MMJ issue. It's a biggie.

IMO, the change we seek is as unlikely as the chance of all rich men agreeing, and giving up a significant portion of their wealth. Hemp threatens them all, and MMJ is but a part of this. Obama has proven his mere humanity, while our military masters seek Pyrrhic victory.

I had given up on any hope of change when it came to politicians on the national level. But there is something in me that causes me to cling to hope. I love this land. I'm not a nationalist, I'm an earthling, but its the part of our planet where I find myself living and its the part of our planet that I really have any chance to effect. When Obama came along and promised us change, and he seemingly was so different than what we'd been offered since Bobby Kennedy I let the hope of change come back to life within me. I still think Bobby was for real and the world would be a much different and better place had he lived. Anyway, Obama has turned out to be no different than the rest. I guess there's a slim chance that if re-elected he might deliver but I doubt it. I think that I give up on politics on the national level, but there is still that hope that seems to be part of my DNA so I can't say beyond a shadow of doubt that it won't rise up in me again.

Americans have an amazing ability to bitch, but they usually don't have the right focus. Keeping marijuana illegal is going to be a lot harder in the next 20 years than it has ever been before as more young people get angry about marijuana being illegal (and more old haters/richer people die off).

Hey that's what we thought in the sixties and seventies we are keeping the lie alive it must do alot for society to keep this going. Us little peones just don't see the big picture.

All of the decisions of a president are driven by polls... 100%

If we didn't want Usama dead he would not be dead.

Americans have an amazing ability to bitch, but they usually don't have the right focus. Keeping marijuana illegal is going to be a lot harder in the next 20 years than it has ever been before as more young people get angry about marijuana being illegal (and more old haters/richer people die off).

We are divided, deluded, destroyed, and then digested. MMJ is the billion dollar fortress that defends the trillion dollar hemp monster. They will not give in, because hemp prohibition is undefendable.
Their rabid rhetoric grows ever more shrill, but literal bloodshed still impresses americans.
The courts are bastions recently built up, and end-run initiatives are much more difficult now as one result.
Best to hurry

All of the decisions of a president are driven by polls... 100%

If we didn't want Usama dead he would not be dead.

I'd say the words are driven by polls. His actions or inactions are driven by corporations. Sure, presidents want the people behind them, corporations are now considered the same as people with the same rights and more money than any group of human-people. So yes in that weird sort of way I guess I agree with you that the polls/people matter to a president.

The point is, as long as there is a majority that is against marijuana, it will never be accepted by national policy. For instance, if cigarettes were not legal right now, they could never become legal. Making marijuana legal is a very tough nut. The best one can hope for nationally is a relaxed stance on enforcing existing law.

Polls are showing a slim majority already support changing the Cannabis laws. I understand the point but unfortunately its money that drives politics in this country. Its money that gets you elected, keeps you elected and gives you a job when you leave office. By the time a person gets elected to a national office they've already had to accept so many funds from private interests that there is little hope of them ever doing what human-people need.

Most of you guys are missing the point. Most of the people are not AGAINST marijuana, per se, they have bought into the hype because thats what they've been told, by the US government who would never ever lie! If the lies behind the marijuana tax act of 1937 were exposed on a national level with the testimony that was given in congress read aloud for the people to actually hear what went on, and why that law was enacted (and how fucked up the rest of the century ended up being, how many people have been arrested since then, etc., etc.,) i think that would change really fast. I feel thats where the "freedom fighters" are missing out - they need to get more of the truth out to mainstream america, some frigging hollywood type hurry up and make an expose thriller out of it or something. I could just see george clooney playing anslinger talking about that dark big lipped african smoked a joint then 3 days later raped and killed a white woman! LOL!!! In congress, no less, lie after freaking lie. It's an interesting concept.

G-dog, thats what I'm talking about, now they think you can't remember crap, not safe to work around, etc. It makes me sad to think I was stoned pretty much all my adult life at work and excelled, I am a top controls expert and I sometimes would leave work at breaks and lunch to smoke, just to make it thru the day. Only one person knew, my best friend of over 30 years, and he would trip out on how accomplished and on top of shit I was, all the while being stoned. He was also my foreman.

I think the current stereotypes are a bigger enemy. Not many folks straight, or not, believe in reefer madness. But short term memory loss, laziness and so on are a big enemy. How many of us made jokes about ourselves that involve a current marijuana stereotype? Obama himself made fun of us one time on national television in fact. All the reasons that it was made illegal in the first place are false, but the decades of stereotyping stoners has done plenty of damage. I know people that are dead set against legalizing it because they don't want their kids to get a hold of it. My ex wife would prefer our son has criminal charges than allow him to get it legally and he is 22 years old.

Polls are showing a slim majority already support changing the Cannabis laws. I understand the point but unfortunately its money that drives politics in this country. Its money that gets you elected, keeps you elected and gives you a job when you leave office. By the time a person gets elected to a national office they've already had to accept so many funds from private interests that there is little hope of them ever doing what human-people need.

I'm waiting for the Republican party to cave and start pushing marijuana/hemp reform and try and get the jump on that so they can take as much credit for the good that will come as possible. They know they can get rich with it legal too, some are worried about how much they could lose to it being legal competition though...

*Not Republican or Democrat

......I could just see george clooney playing anslinger talking about that dark big lipped african smoked a joint then 3 days later raped and killed a white woman! LOL!!!.....

sounds more like a job for Mel Gibson :)

I think the current stereotypes are a bigger enemy. Not many folks straight, or not, believe in refer madness. But short term memory loss, laziness and so on are a big enemy. How many of us made jokes about ourselves that involve a current marijuana stereotype? Obama himself made fun of us one time on national television in fact. All the reasons that it was made illegal in the first place are false, but the decades of stereotyping stoners has done plenty of damage. I know people that are dead set against legalizing it because they don't want their kids to get a hold of it. My ex wife would prefer our son has criminal charges than allow him to get it legally and he is 22 years old.

And I bet she's okay if he drinks a little or smokes cigarettes, right? Thats the worst slap in the face of all, and my wife and I go round and round about it. she's a drinker, and while I do enjoy my beer when ever I start in with what about alcohol and tobacco (she smokes cigs too) I hear about it to no end.

Back
Top Bottom