What is in your mix? Perlite and Vermiculite 80/20
What size pot? 3.5gal 13.24L
Size of light? 400watt 8 bulb T5
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 67F-80F 19C-26C
RH of Room/cab? 55%-65%
PH of media or res? 6.7
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Micro, Bloom & CalMag

Breeder's info:
Genetics: Colombian Gold x Thai x Mexican x Afghani
Plant Type: Hybrid
Cultivation: Indoor
Plant Height: Medium
Average Yield: 400-500 g/m² in SOG
Flowering Period: 7-9 weeks
THC: High
CBD: Medium
Effect+: Euphoric, Relaxed, Happy
Flavor+: Sweet, Earthy, Flowery
Medical+: Stress, Depression, Insomnia

Breeder's description:
Our AK-48 is one of the strongest early-finishing strains available anywhere. Plants produce hard buds with an exceptional and penetrating aroma. Although AK-48 is a Cannabis Indica/Sativa hybrid, its effect tends toward the 'high' commonly produced by Sativas.

Let's grow this.
/Obi

re: Obi's AK-48 - A Grow Journal & Review

Lighting up the germination box, bringing everything up to temp before dropping the seeds in the cup of water.

/Obi

Update
Day 0
Seeds in a covered cup of water
Light 24/0 6500K
Temps 81F/27C
RH 100%

After the box came up to temp last night I dropped 7 AK-48 seeds into the cup with some RO water, covered it with a dish and set it in the box to stay warm and begin germination.

About 12 hours have passed. I uncovered the cup and gently tapped each floating seed to break the surface tension and allow them to sink to the bottom of the cup. I placed the cover back on the cup and set it all back into the light box. I will check on them in another 12 hours.

/Obi

Update
Day 0
Seeds in a paper towel between plates
Light 24/0 6500K
Temps 81F/27C
RH 100%

I pulled the seeds from the cup after about 24 hours of soaking. They will complete their germination encased in moist paper towels between ceramic plates.

/Obi

Update
Day 0
Seeds in rockwool cubes pH'd to 5.5
Light 24/0 6500K
Temps 85F/29C
RH 99%

I checked on the seeds this morning. Five had cracked open and sprouted a small taproot. I moved the seeds to rockwool cubes to finish germinating.

/Obi

Best of luck. I was going to do this next order so excited to see how they turn out. I have Nirvana Wonder Woman and Northern Lights in week 4 flower and Nirvana Ice & White Rhino that just popped their first leaves from seed two days ago. Good Luck & Cheers!

Hydro Bear... The dude abides

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Alright. We have 3 above ground. I'm hoping for at least 2 more to sprout up. I noticed 2 were curling around in the rockwool so I kind of helped point them in the right direction. We'll see how they look in 24 hours. I'm hoping to start counting days starting on December 10.

I appears 2 seeds may not germinate. It's unusual but it's bound to happen from time to time in a growers career. 4 to 6 plants is about perfect for my grow space. I'll be happy with that.

Update
Day: 1
Stage: Veg
Veg Days: 1
Flower Days: 0
Light: 24/0 6500K CFL's
Temps: 84F-84F /25C-25C
RH: 52%-65%
Water: RO pH 5.7

The 3 seedlings have been moved to solo cups filled with 100% Perlite. I think I should have had the germination box a couple degrees warmer. I had a rough start this time. With that said, we're gonna try to grow the heck out of the three we have going here.

Update
Day: 4
Veg Days: 4
Temps: 80F-80F / 26C-26C
Amount: Approximately 16oz/0.5L divided between them.
Flushed each container then drained the reservoirs.
Nutrients: Trace of CalMag

/Obi

Subbed, too!

I started 2 Nirvana AK48 Photo FEM's in the fall, August, I think. Successful germination overall for all 10 seeds was 60%. Among those that didn't make it, two failed to germinate, one was born without a growing tip, and another failed to thrive.

Two I popped in August are under flower and are 30" tall. 4 that I popped during October were reluctant, and so I have two that sprouted 2 weeks later than the other two. So the last 4 are vegging rather slowly.

I bought these to replace the OGK's that finally crapped out after successive cloning. The characteristics were similar, but the leaves much more Indica. You know the write-up, so no need to go into that.

I'm finding the AK48's prone to mites, even as babies, and have to be on them every day. The large ladies under flower are growing like miniature Christmas trees, but dropping all their inner leaves. I'm not impressed with the size or quantity of buds at this stage. I see little on the flowering two to take clones from, so will wait for the little ones to bush out, as I train them to branch early.

They were so vigorous and lovely as babies, but now, not so pretty. I didn't train the first two, and so know they need to be tied down and pinched out early on to produce more bud sites.

I want to see how your grow progresses and if you have better luck with them than I have.

Re: Obi's AK-48 - A Grow Journal & Review

Thank you for the input AKgramma. I appreciate it. I've been trying rockwool cubes for the last couple germinations and I haven't got it down yet. I may switch back to coco pucks.

I appreciate your grow info. It gives me things to watch out for. Thank you.

I now have 4.5 seedlings. I had a couple suprize seeds pop. I will update with pics soon.

/Obi

Update
Day: 9
Veg Days: 9
Temps: 80F-80F / 26C-26C
Amount: Approximately 16oz/0.5L divided between them.
Nutrients: 5 drops of CalMag, Micro, Grow, 3 drops Bloom

Flushed each container then drained the reservoirs.

We have a surprise 4th seedling! I forgot I had tossed a couple seeds into a Jiffy Peat pellet. Go figure, both sprouted. I culled the smaller one. We will have 4 plants. Perfect.

I added a bit of nutrients this evening. The 3 older plants are fading a bit and look hungry.

/Obi

Update
Day: 11
Veg Days: 11
Temps: 78F-82F / 25C-27C
RH: 52%-58%
Amount: To run off, then then drained the reservoirs
Nutrients: 2.0ml CalMag, 0.25ml Grow, 0.5ml Micro, 0.25ml Bloom per Gallon / 3.75L

Notes: The late starting plant from the peat starter plug is larger and darker green than its sisters in the rockwool cubes.

I need to pick up a second heavy duty light timer.

/Obi

All plants have about doubled in size in 24 hours. I'm a little surprised at the amount of growth considering their sluggish start. Perhaps they were just hungry. I'll try to get a pic this evening.

Back
Top Bottom