Odd Seedling Mutation

In May I started three for outside, in pots after not growing in awhile. I went with Bubba Kush, Amnesia fast and Peyote Forum. The Peyote Forum had an odd start. In the seedling stage, it popped from the cotyledon, grew the first single blade, then another single rather than a 3 blade. These 2 new single blades joined in center closing off any new growth, eventually starting new growth from the first single blades as if topped. Has anyone else seen this?

The plant is doing well I think for Europe. Growth for all three is less than I am used to. All three just started preflower.

Attachments

• Single.jpg
    Single.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    721.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
It may just be strain specific in the genome of that particular strain? In my experience it seems like every strain has it's on characteristics in the way they develop and grow and sometimes they will even be stunted for whatever reason or another.

I once had a an autoflowering blueberry female that only got like 4" tall and all the others grew out perfectly normal so you may just have a runt on your hands or it could just be a weird strain trait?

I'd say just give it a few weeks and see what happens

I had the exact same thing happen a couple years ago. I left the plant as is for a long time and nothing changed. I ended up topping it and the plant pulled through. If it wasn't for the first set of leaves there would have been no place for new branching to start. Mine ended up basically like it was topped.

I would let it go as is for a while. Even if no new leaves are showing up. It should still be making roots underground. The better root system you have when topped the better chance you plant will pull through. When you top it. You will be taking over half of its leaves which process nutrients.

I did let the seedling go and it eventually grew into a good looking girl. Plant is the far left in pic. Will soon be seeing flowers.

Attachments

• DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
They look healthy and strong. Nice grow.
Thank you. I like your avatar & screen name. Looking at the pic of the stalk, the soil looks woody. I'm pretty sure that the little bits make their way to the top.

Back
Top Bottom