Ode to Mary Jane

Thegridcat

This a song I wrote and perform with my band the Acoustic gridcats.. the words go like this....

Well I crawl outta bed, got cobwebs in my head and I'm achin'
then the pain in my back begins it's attack as I'm wakin'
my feet hit the floor and I head for the door of my special little room
hey I start off my day in my favorite way and chase away all my gloom
(CHORUS)
Smoke a little each day keep the doctor away, MARIJUANA
All my pain goes away and it brightens my day, MARIJUANA
People say it's a sin but it makes me grin MARIJUANA
must be a reason it is so pleasin' MARIJUANA

That's the first verse and chorus.... I'll post the whole thing if anybody wants to check it out......... gridcat :rollit::thanks:

well I crawl out of bed, got cobwebs in my head and I'm achin'
and the pain in my back begins it's attack as I'm wakin'
my feet hit the floor, I head for the door of my special little room
start out my day in my favorite and chase away all my gloom
(1st. CHORUS)
smoke a little each day keep the doctor away, MARIJUANA
all my pain goes away and it brightens my day, MARIJUANA
people say it's a sin but it makes me grin, MARIJUANA
must be a reason it is so pleasin' MARIJUANA

well I count my cash and pocket my stash then I'm movin'
everything's ok 'cause it's Saturday and I'm groovin'
my feet hit the street, some friends I'll meet I rolled some to take along
yeah we'll go to a park and stay there till dark and play a few hundred songs
(2nd. CHORUS)
smoke a little each day keep the blues chased away, MARIJUANA
all the cares of the day seem to fade away, MARIJUANA
people say that I'm bad but I don't feel sad, MARIJUANA
must be a reason it is so pleasin', MARIJUANA

well I feed my head before I go to bed and I feel fine
yeah I feel like trash till I break out my stash and it's dream time
my feet hit the sheets it feels so sweet, sand man's comin' fast
as the night fades away to the bright light of day I'll be dreamin' sweet dreams of the past
(REPEAT 1st. CHORUS)

there it is the whole thing.... anybody wants a CD for nothin' that has ode to Mary Jane on it let me know and give me a mailing address and I'll send you one.... gridcat :smokin::smokin::smokin:

The man gave our drummer Mikey a chemical lobotomy man... dude used to roll off some wicked licks on those Tama's baby... my baby bro would drop in with his Taylor or the Gibson ES 135 and I'd pop in with a harp riff to fit the moment and then a quick look at the pile of song lyrics spread before me and find some words to fit what's goin' on and then shit man we'd have a new song to add to our repertoire of songs!! :bravo: now it's me and my bro doin' acoustic stuff which I love to do and it's the future for us as musicians, but......... I miss the drive and spontaneity of those jam/recording sessions when the band was whole.... bass player went off all goofy from methin' around too much with the wrong crowd, our lead player couldn't stay sober long enough or leave the prescription meds alone to really appreciate what the rest of us were trying to do, namely make some really good songs of our own.... hell ol' guitar Mike was the one that got the rest of us into actually playing music instead of just sittin' and listenin'..... now our drummer after all these years is probably never gonna play again because of the need for a reason to chemically modify his mind to suit the requirements of his present form of income, smokin', tokin' and chokin' never did him harm and he was happy and productive in his playing, great ideas to make a song better:welldone:..... Baby bro and me we been there and done that but we never enjoyed doin' much more than just tokin' on a fat doobie and enjoy a cold beverage while we played our music.... we're starting to do some of our best stuff with our music.... nuff said today children, guess ol' Bobbo just had to vent some frustrations, I miss my friends and the ass kickin' jam sessions we had when all we did was burn a little weed, to set the mood for the session and a couple of scotch on the rocks or some Crown on ice, then just start playin' baby... me and baby bro are keepin' on and creating new songs each time we jam, gonna do that till we can't no more! rock and roll :rollit:

Thanks doc nox!

Wrote a song for a good ol' Texas boy named Willie Nelson.... goes like this...

Ol' Willie Nelson got busted for pot
The newshounds care but we do not
why don't all leave Willie alone?
All Willie doin' is rollin' his stone

It makes me mad they treat Willie so
To me it seems to hell they should go
Rapists and killers out runnin' around
leave Willie alone and bring them all down
(CHORUS)
Why don't they just leave Willie alone?
He was mindin' his business headin' for home
Singin' his songs and rollin' his own
Why don't they just leave Willie alone?

Lots of people do terrible deeds
Things a lot worse than puffin' some weed
Willie winds up his back to the wall
'cause self righteous bastaeds think they know all

There it is... Willie is a great American, a great songwriter and musician, and
always trying to help folks having a rough time... so all those self righteous individuals that think the consumption of cannabis is evil should start looking around about what's really evil and direct their attention in that direction.... 'as Stan Lee says..."nuff said" :tokin::hookah:

Nice lyrics bro, as a fellow musician(drummer) I can understand what your saying about jammin high. Nothing like smoke session followed by a jam session followed by a smoke session and so on and so forth. Its crazy the kind of focus I have when im playing high compared to being straight. I "feel" the music more with a little herb. My only problem is that I over do it sometimes. End up jammin for 4 hours and I can barely walk the next day. sometimes me and my bass player(who is also a great guitar player) will start jamming some random shit after a smoke session. starting out with good little rock groove, then speed it up with a little punk beat, then roll on the doubles for some metal, then chop it up and slow it down to a good funky triplet groove, pull back and hold a solid groove for him to let the strings fly, then ramp it back up a little with a good rock/funk blend beat, and on and on and on. There is no better feeling than being lost in the music and seeing where it takes you. If you can't tell I get my influences from all types of music. I listen to anything from bluegrass to metal to rap. I try to keep as open minded as I can and see what I can come up with. Im not the best drummer in the world but that is the great thing about music. The more you play the better you get and you dont have to be the best to have a great time. And yes I know that I am rambling right now, lol. Just wanted to share my love for music!!:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom